Bear with me...I just happened to think about this the other night and thought it would make a okay topic.

We're all familiar with the common sterotype -- some kind of a guy, be it a fighter, magic user, do-gooder, etc, ends up going on a quest or happens to save a woman in distress and in serious trouble, blah blah blah. Seen it in countless games. Mario, Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy....the list goes on. While it's most common to have this happen in RPG and adventure games, it can branch out into other genere's also.

But what about games where the situation is REVERSED?

What games can you think off where a female charcter has saved the main charcter of the game (male) from death, or gotten them out of a pretty big jam? Note this can't be applied for the whole party or more then one person -- it has to be a woman saving the main guy and JUST him alone.

I suspect there's a LOT more cases then we are all aware off out there.....and it can also lend some evidence for the theory that women are playing more important roles in games now then they used to.

Game text where it could be spoilers is in black text -- highlight to read.

Here's the examples I could think of:

Kingdom Hearts: There is scene in the second half of the game where Sora gets changed into a Heartless creature -- he's basicaly defenseless and can die if someone blows on him. When he happens to run back into the party, his best friend Kiri is able to reconize him in his 'mutated' form. Shortly after, a battle breaks out, and while Donald and Goofy deal with the problem, Kiri kneels in front of the Heartless Sora form and says "Don't worry -- this time, it's my turn to protect you."

Wild Arms: Around the middle of the game, Rudy hacks off his own arm in order to save himself, Jack, and Cecilia from death after the battle with Zeikfried. After the battle, it's discovered that Rudy is a robot. He's in a coma while his two friends try to restore his arm. During that quest, Cecilia checks on Rudy, gets sucked into his dream, and ends up fighting Elizabeth, a monster, for his soul. After the battle she holds him and her words are enough to save his soul and get them out of the dream where Rudy makes a full recovery.

Fire Embelm (GBA): The game opens with your character being saved by Lyn, a young girl living on her own on the plains, and she protects in the opening battle. After the battle, she asks for your help in training her and leading her as a tactician in return for protecting you. (I believe the game allows you to pick the sex of your character -- since you can be male as well as female it works).

Any others?