Thread: Madden 2006 is near

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Madden 2006 is near

With the impending arrival of Madden 2006, who is preordering?
    I will say that EA having the exclusive NFL license is just business. So lets not rant that.
    That said, how deep into franchise mode have you gone?

Me, I've run maybe 20 or so seasons solo with one team (after that I change teams to try out various teams). I have also played about 15 seasons in 2 player co-op mode.

I don't play online because my availability is all out whack.
    With a humble heart, on bended knee...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well i think that with the nfl license that unless they really improve madden 2006, i will still prefer espn 2k6

I hope if anything it forces ea to improve madden to the next level and not just a little bit of an upgrade but I cannot see that happening anytime soon mostly because of the nfl license exclustivity,

We will honestly see.

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to be a huge Madden nut. Back in 1992, I played in a number of tournaments in Northern California. The game was Madden '93 for the Sega Genesis.

I still feel that Madden '93 for the Genny is the best football game of all time.

When Madden '94 came out, and they changed the engine from '93 I was dissapointed. Then I got Madden for the 3DO. Then when the Playstation first hit, I moved to NFL GameDay. (Madden was a no show during the launch of the PSX) Then in 1996, I had Madden 97 for the PSX, and after that was Madden 98 for the PSX. (those were the last two sprite based Madden games). Then I started playing Madden on the 3D accelerated PC's.

Then when Dreamcast came out, it was all about NFL2K. Then NFL2K1. Then I tried Madden on the PS2, when it first launched. Actually ended up preferring NFL2K1 on Dreamcast.

Then when the XBOX came out, I played NFL Fever that first year. Then I switched to NFL2K3 on XBOX. Since that point I've been a NFL2K guy on the XBOX.

So the news of the exclusivity deal hit me pretty hard, because it meant that I would be "forced" to go back to Madden. To me, Madden has been a dissapointment during this era, because I think the game engine that they have been using all these years is pretty damn lackluster. I still think the players look kinda cartoony, and I just don't like the feel of the game very much.

But I will have to deal with it this year.

One thing that I am looking forward to, is the field of vision or cone of vision thing for the Quarterback. I think that's a very good idea. Having to actually look off your recievers is pretty damn cool.

Of course, they are still using that same old tired engine (despite what they might say), so I'm going to be looking forward to the XBOX 360 version much more than the one that comes out in August.

With the XBOX 360 version, at least they are forced to use a totally new game engine. So we will see how that turns out.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Duh, I'm the BIGGEST football freak around these parts.

Of COURSE I've pre-ordered. Actually, I was told at my local EB that EA has gotten better with shipments over the years. Several years ago they used to get, say, 10k copies when they only has 2k preorders. Now the preorders are about the same but they only get 4k.

I'm looking forward to seeing all the new offensive changes and tweaks they made to the game this year.

I always go into franchise mode, and I'll have 30 years of the Pats done by the time the new game comes out.

Oh, I'll be getting the XBox version again.

Plus I love how I can import my roster from NCAA Football into Madden and draft them and keep using them.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion