Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here have a complete US DS or PSP collection?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have a few at the moment but I would like to have a complete collection of ds games eventually. For now i'm buying the ones I really want but as the prices drop i'll buy some random stuff just to expand the collection.

As for psp I only have 4 games and I probably won't be buying any more for awhile. I'm much more interested in playing nintendo,sega and nec stuff on there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: complete ds collection

Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    with nintendogs....i dont know much about the game, but it looks like it has different dog types, so, the three do have different data, so they are a little more than just case variants...kinda like all those mega man blue and red and what not games on the GBA
    but all the dog breeds are eventually unlockable in every version... so the end result is the same in all versions, and the objectives are identical, but each version starts you off with different beginning options.

i'm definitely seeing this game as a grey area for collectors...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not yet..but getting close 15/29 for PSP, 18/30 for DS so far

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by Jasoco
    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMoniker
    I had thought about collecting all the DS games a few months ago. But decided against it for now at least. Sure, it'd be extremely easy to collect them all right now, but it'd be expensive. And in the long run, once games start picking up production, it'd just get overwhelming.

Still, it is a dream. I pick up a good game when I can, and if I see a cheap one down the road, I'll pick it up too. But for now, I'll just get what I want.

As for PSP. Not at $40-$50 I ain't.
    Umm...yeah. Unlike the DS, the PSP games will never go down in price so lets just...yeah...sounds good, Peter.
    *cough.troll.cough*
    I'm just givin' you a hard time, Peter. I think it's funny that you've written a paragraph to explain why the DS is too expencive but you sum the PSP up nice and short-like.
    Did you quote the wrong person or something? Who the hell is Peter? :/
    Peter is the guy from Office Space. It's just something only I would find funny.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I figured it was an Office Space reference, but I still don't get why you called me a troll??

I was talking about the games, not the consoles. I never planned on even thinking about collecting PSP games. But for a short while I did have the idea of collecting DS games. What's trollish about that? Seriously? I'm scratching my head in awe here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

I had thought about collecting all the DS games...But decided against it...it'd be expensive. Still, it is a dream. ...if I see a cheap one down the road, I'll pick it up too. But for now, I'll just get what I want.

Well I really can't speak for you, I mean I'd have to go through all your other posts to get a REAL feeling for how you feel about the two systems. As for this thread, I was pointing out your optimism when you speak about the DS and your condemnation when you speak about the PSP. I read it as the following:
    Greg: Do you like Flamin Hot Cheetos?
    Jasoco: You know, they arent bad. I'm not into hot food but if you wipe some of the hot stuff off them before you eat them then they actually taste like a mildly spicy cheese doodle. I would like them a lot more if they would make them less spicy but to be honest with you, I really dont mind havng to wipe all the stuff off.
    Greg: How about Flamin Hot Doritos?
    Jasoco: Hell no. I dont like hot food.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocRamon
    Quote Originally Posted by tholly
    with nintendogs....i dont know much about the game, but it looks like it has different dog types, so, the three do have different data, so they are a little more than just case variants...kinda like all those mega man blue and red and what not games on the GBA
    but all the dog breeds are eventually unlockable in every version... so the end result is the same in all versions, and the objectives are identical, but each version starts you off with different beginning options.

i'm definitely seeing this game as a grey area for collectors...
    So? They have different title names and different packaging. It's just like Pokemon, just because you COULD get all the Pokemon in the Red version, that doesn't take away from the fact that Blue is an entirely different game under a different name. You can only unlock every dog through WiFi, thus normally if you had no one to trade with you would not be able to get all the breeds, which differentiates it enough to count it as it's own game.
    Mostly just play Nintendo 64. If you've got games PM me! Cart only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    It's just like Pokemon, just because you COULD get all the Pokemon in the Red version, that doesn't take away from the fact that Blue is an entirely different game under a different name.
    but these aren't entirely different games like in pokemon. they're exactly the same except for the dogs you begin with, and i assume the title screen that differentiates which version you have.

Quote Originally Posted by dbiersdorf
    You can only unlock every dog through WiFi, thus normally if you had no one to trade with you would not be able to get all the breeds, which differentiates it enough to count it as it's own game.
    that's completely incorrect. every game is able to unlock every dog breed without ever connecting to another version. in the game, you earn points for things, and with enough points, each new breed can be purchased. connecting with another version just makes the process easier.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Each version has different items though, like in the dachshund version you can get a little miniature mario kart item while in the chihuahua version you get a koopa kart and in the lab version you get peachs kart. There are other exclusive items too.

My collection: Users.ign.com/jcnet1
    (old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I had thought about collecting all the DS games...But decided against it...it'd be expensive. Still, it is a dream. ...if I see a cheap one down the road, I'll pick it up too. But for now, I'll just get what I want.

Well I really can't speak for you, I mean I'd have to go through all your other posts to get a REAL feeling for how you feel about the two systems. As for this thread, I was pointing out your optimism when you speak about the DS and your condemnation when you speak about the PSP. I read it as the following:
    Jasoco: You know, they arent bad. I'm not into hot food but if you wipe some of the hot stuff off them before you eat them then they actually taste like a mildly spicy cheese doodle. I would like them a lot more if they would make them less spicy but to be honest with you, I really dont mind havng to wipe all the stuff off.
    Okay. Now I'm even MORE confused! I was talking about COLLECTING! Not which system was better. I am so confused at where you went wrong here. How you got "DS ROXXORS AND PSP SUXXORS " out of my post is beyond me. I own both and play both often. That is beyond the point. I was talking about collecting the games. This thread is about collecting the games. Not which system is better than which. DS games would be my choice. I said "As for PSP. Not at $40-$50 I ain't." because I wouldn't think of collecting all the PSP games at those prices. How did you not get this? Where did I go wrong? I thought my post was simply understandable! Why are you against me? What the hell is going on here? Wow, I can't believe you thought I was a DS fanboy or something! Wow. Holy cow. I am laughing. And scratching my head. All at once. You have confused me to no end. It's hilarious... Optimism and Condemnation? WTF? How did you get that out of my post? It wasn't even ABOUT the systems! Who's condemning the PSP here?

Heh.

So which one's the Flamin' Hot Dorito? And what the hell did that analogy have to do with my post?

Wow.. I can't stop. Because it's twisting my brain into a pretzel. You have twisted my mind. You have. Amazing. I am in awe. Really, I am.

I do not hate the DS. I do not hate the PSP. I simply said I will collect DS games slowly. I will not collect PSP games. It was so simple. Yet you seem bent on making me look like a zealot. Well, it ain't gonna work, man. It ain't gonna work.

Okie dokie? No hard feelings or anything. There were too many assumptions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default ds collection

i just finished off my collection- all regular released DS games. now it's just about maintaining, i suppose. and i'll want to pick up a zelda trailer at some point here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Okay. Now I'm even MORE confused! I was talking about COLLECTING! Not which system was better. I am so confused at where you went wrong here. How you got "DS ROXXORS AND PSP SUXXORS " out of my post is beyond me. I own both and play both often. That is beyond the point. I was talking about collecting the games. This thread is about collecting the games. Not which system is better than which. DS games would be my choice. I said "As for PSP. Not at $40-$50 I ain't." because I wouldn't think of collecting all the PSP games at those prices. How did you not get this? Where did I go wrong? I thought my post was simply understandable! Why are you against me? What the hell is going on here? Wow, I can't believe you thought I was a DS fanboy or something! Wow. Holy cow. I am laughing. And scratching my head. All at once. You have confused me to no end. It's hilarious... Optimism and Condemnation? WTF? How did you get that out of my post? It wasn't even ABOUT the systems! Who's condemning the PSP here?

Heh.

So which one's the Flamin' Hot Dorito? And what the hell did that analogy have to do with my post?

Wow.. I can't stop. Because it's twisting my brain into a pretzel. You have twisted my mind. You have. Amazing. I am in awe. Really, I am.

I do not hate the DS. I do not hate the PSP. I simply said I will collect DS games slowly. I will not collect PSP games. It was so simple. Yet you seem bent on making me look like a zealot. Well, it ain't gonna work, man. It ain't gonna work.

Okie dokie? No hard feelings or anything. There were too many assumptions.
    I think you're taking this too seriously.
    Go back and read your reasons for not collecting for the DS and the PSP...you'll find they are the same reason but you explain the DS all nice-like...then the PSP gets a big "Hell mutha-fukin' no, mutha fuka!!"
    Thats just my opinion...Im not "bent" on making you look like anything. It was just a random observation that youve brought into discussion.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I already had all the ones I intended paying full price for. I had no intention of getting madden 2005, and tiger woods golf though, and was gonna wait for a price drop on pokemon dash.

I ended up buying tiger woods golf though cause I found a new copy mega cheap. That means all I lack are madden 05 and pokemon dash, and I only intend to get pokemon dash someday of those two.

(old systems missing lots, new systems missing some (havent updated for almost a year)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bumping this to the top, 39 games available now in the US up to the most recent release yugioh and including space invaders revolution (hard to find)

Anyway I dont have a complete collection but have 36/39 US ds games.

I lack the following...

Madden 05
    Madden 06
    Pokemon dash

As far as im concerned once I get pokemon dash my collection is as good as it will get till more games come out. No one cares about the DS maddens, they arent rare and arent worthy of my collection unless they hit 10 dollars or less (new)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I will eventually own a complete PSP library.....at least that's the overall plan. Get in while it's new. (I have a gut feeling that the system won't be around forever. I don't know why....but I just get that feeling.) Any of the games that I can't see myself playing alot I've planned to buy used, so there'll be some waiting until they show up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default complete ds collection

i'm still complete on my DS collection... all 39 of the regular releases, metroid demo, zelda trailer, and electroplankton. 42 game cards total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe Gunstar Hero UK has to be close to a full collection of DS games by now.

I briefly considered doing this, but there are too many DS games that I don't want to spend money on. I generall buy one new DS game a month (except for the rare occassion when two come out in the same month that I really, really want), with the most recent being Advance Wars. That way, I have a good month to finish my current game, and decide what to get next. It's worked out well so far, and I'm up to 12 games or so.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As of 9/29/05 there are not 46 DS games in the US and 39 PSP games in the US. The most recent PSP release is frogger, The most recent DS release is also *gasp* frogger (lol)

Anyway I am sitting at 29/39 PSP games now, and 44/46 DS games

The only PSP games Im missing are some sports games and world series poker (which i have for xbox) So I am not concerned about getting any of the psp games I lack, As for DS I am only missing madden 2005 and madden 2006 - neither of which I want for more than 15 dollars.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'm still complete! 49/46 since you don't include some of the more questionable things, and i have one japanese game.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just can't justify buying all the US releases for my DS - there's far too much utter crap. I only own the games I feel are worth owning, and that's not a whole lot. With Castlevania and Lost in Blue on the immediate horizon, I think I'm finally going over 10 games.