Thread: The HORROR!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The HORROR!

holy shnikes! I walked into a local gamestop yesterday looking to add to my genesis collection. Right away i see some really rare games i.e. -championship pool, championship bowling and many more and they look really minty fresh. Being short on funds i ask the sales guy for some input -ala which mickey game to get. He says fantasia and yeah, some guy dumped his collection earlier and they can give me boxes to most of these games. After i decide on games, he starts pulling the boxes out of a giant "trash bag" for me. I made a good score (like a complet warsong!), but left some behind. As i'm driving home it hit me.......Holy Crap -Gamestop THROWS AWAY THE BOXES AND GAME MANUALS!!!!!! I tried to call back today but of course they'd chucked the bag already. What a total sin!

ps-not sure where this goes but had to tell the story.. thanks

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Ah yes. It's an old Funcoland trick.

It's also one of the reasons why we have an "ORPHANAGE" post in the Buying and Selling forum. It's amazing how many of these you can accumulate, and I'm happy to say that I'm completing broken up sets on a daily basis now. It will take the work of many to undo what the Gamestops of the world have wreaked!

Peach (Level 3) Pop Culture Portal's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I myself have witnessed this same act in person when I rescued a NES Carmen Sandiego from a Funcoland store here. Not a high priority type game, I know. I saw a Funcoland employee take the game out of the box, place the game in the NES bin, and throw everything else away, including the thesaurus/dictionary. I asked the guy if I could have all that stuff he was throwing away if I purchased the game. "Well, if you really want all that crap," he said. "Crap?" He should have at least felt a little guilty for trying to throw away a book. Sure, it's a thesaurus, but it's a book! Oh well, at least I save one...and got the game for a sweet $2!
    All right youngens, bath time. Cover up your eyes and drop your britches! Who wants wax?