Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SICK OF PEOPLE LISTING CRAP GAMES AS MINT!!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default SICK OF PEOPLE LISTING CRAP GAMES AS MINT!!!!

If one more ass lists a used game as mint and it is not! I will lose my mind! What is it that people don't understand? MINT means perfect flawless, if one thing is wrong then it is not MINT. Please if any sellers here are in the habit of listing games as MINT when they have obvious flaws then please block me from you transactions on ebay and everywhere else!!! Do any of you have issues like this? I am sick of this crap on this site and on ebay! I would like to hear your stories and how you resolved the problem.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm fed up of seeing *RARE* all the time. Most of them aren't even rare, like Super Mario World. I haven't noticed the mint thing myself as I don't seem to come across mint things.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sounds like a deal didn't go so good, huh? Sorry to hear that..

btw, received your money order for GNG - thanks!

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People have a diffrent opinion on whats mint is. Wish there was an official list you had to follow on ebay to say if the game is mint or not.

I also hate when people list NES games and say they are complete and when you get it the styrofoam is missing. Where can I buy NES styrofoams btw? Anyone on Ebay selling it?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got a gold zelda listed as mint and the only difference between what I got and a sealed copy is the plastic wrap is missing, everything is perfect! BUT then I get 5 games listed as MINT and they look like the same crap at gamecrazy, with marker and scratched up labels and noticable flaws. I wish people would be honest because from now on there is no contacting the seller and argueing, it's straight to the NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for me!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I know somebody who is like that on these boards. I don't want to say his name though, because it will probably ruin his reputation, and might hurt further sales.
    I'm not picky at all, but I agree with you when you say those things. I don't care if it is in crappy condition, just tell me so I know...know what I'm saying.
    If something is mint, great, I'd love a mint game.
    But don't tell me it is mint if its not. I don't like that.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

(shameless plug for Bronty-2)

BRONTY-2 DOES KNOW WHAT MINT MEANS!!! I have NEVER been disappointed by HIS use of the term! Thanks man, for the exceptional games.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ALL the defintions I could find for mint on the internet:

1. mint(a): as if new; "in mint condition"

2. absolutely as new

3. This would be an item that has no flaws.

4. A doll in original condition and appearance just as when it was new. This applies to the clothes, accessories and the doll itself. A restored doll cannot be called mint.

5 .Unused (or appears to be unused), no pinholes, no separations-all paper intact at folds, no fading or cracking of ink.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Edit

TEXASGAMEPLAYER beat me to it by seconds.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sometimes when i list games on ebay i downscale the quality, i mean 90% of the games i have personally sold have been an 8 out of ten condition wise, but i always list it as lower so people are realy happy to see the nice quality of the condition.. same thing when i randomly decide to sell magazines, i'll list them as a read condition, allthough they are well cared for

i do get ticked off though when buying titles listed as mint and they have dents or marker, i'd rather them say it's a poor condition and be honest instead of them lying to the public

i also get annoyed by the way the term rare is used, mario/duck hunt rare! how the hell is that rare???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeesh. Calm down. You should ask questions rather than just buying and EXPECTING people to live up to your standards. You don't ask, you get what's coming to you. Many people can't tell the difference between a mint game and a half-decent ex-rental. Just because you can doesn't mean everyone else can. You should see some of the looks I get from people when I tell them what I mean by mint. They simply don't, and I expect CAN'T comprehend. I've stopped expecting them to.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASGAMEPLAYER
    ALL the defintions I could find for mint on the internet:

"All" the definitions, eh?

1. A member of the mint family.

2. Any of various plants of the genus Mentha, characteristically having aromatic foliage and nearly regular flowers. Some plants are cultivated for their aromatic oil and used for flavoring. (ie, spearmint, peppermint, et al)
    3. The foliage of some of these plants.
    4. Any of various similar or related plants, such as the stone mint.
    5. A candy flavored with mint.

Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love it when people don't leave a description...just

"GREAT GAME" with a stock photo....
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have money to spend on games and I am very close to completing my nes and n64 collection and only want MINT and SEALED copies. But the problem is not that I don't have the money to finish it but finding honest sellers to buy them from. If I can not use mint as a reference then it is just blind luck what I am bidding on and at this point I will spend another year to finish my collection (BTW look at my want list in the buying and selling forum!) SO CLOSE but I am getting crap lately in the mail!!!

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    damionitc

I had that recently (well a few months back) I bought a lot of phantasy star games Seller Said all three were MINT and Complete. well PS 2's guide had writing all through it and PS4's instruction booklet cover was aparently replaced with paper with a hand written [Phantasy Star Four] On the Cover. and the cart was in Shit condention (It had rental Stickers all across it)

heres the Auction and his dumbass.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=8172595173

I still can't belive I left a nice positive. what I should have done was complain in a e-mail instead of kicking myself right now.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I DO ask questions and still get the "perfect mint" line from them when it is NOT mint. I even have a standard letter I send that asks about scratching, peeling, writing, loss of shine,ect.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TEXASGAMEPLAYER
    I have money to spend on games and I am very close to completing my nes and n64 collection and only want MINT and SEALED copies. But the problem is not that I don't have the money to finish it but finding honest sellers to buy them from. If I can not use mint as a reference then it is just blind luck what I am bidding on and at this point I will spend another year to finish my collection (BTW look at my want list in the buying and selling forum!) SO CLOSE but I am getting crap lately in the mail!!!
    You're a sealed collector eh?

That explains it.

Bronty-2 is cool, really cool, but most of the other sealed collector's I have dealt with have been MAJOR FUCKING PAINS IN MY ASS.

They'll get the game, comb it with a magnifying glass, and if there's just ONE TINY SCRATCH on the plastic somewhere they'll throw a little hissy fit and demand a refund. I always get this, always, to the point that I don't even want to sell sealed games anymore when I get them. I can't put up with the incessant whining and crying I get from the buyers over something that I overlooked because I obviously don't have these special Sealed Collector 100X magnifying glasses.

And I don't even list as MINT unless I have one that I'm for a fact sure that it is.

Sealed collectors expect a game to look minty fresh from a factory case despite the fact that it's 20 years old.

EDIT: This isn't an attack on sealed collector, I've backed up the hobby of collecting sealed games before and I'll do so in the future. Please don't misunderstand me.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just remembered some mint auctions I've seen. They were selling cart only and called them mint. If they really were mint they'd have the box and everything with them. At best cartridges can only be described as very good condition, not that there's much to go wrong with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

I went through it too.I got a Streets of rage 2 cartridge on Ebay and description said it was mint.When i get it in the mail i see a little bit of the paper on the cartridge was off.I swear people are dumbasses.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

if I get a sealed game and it is not listed as mint then I would have to accept it as it comes. But if it is listed mint then I would expect MINT. And I don't think that I am a "pain in the ass" I will over look somethings but overall I expect mint to be MINT. I am done now I am off to look at a sealed, mint raiden project for sale!!