Today I had my first big find in quite a while. I found 2 big boxes of Famicom stuff. The first box contained an original Famicom, a 110-in-1 multi cartridge, a Famicom Disk System, and a "Turbo Game Doctor 4+ Game Saver Version 1" by venus electronics. This box also contained 2 famicom joysticks similiar to the NES Max, a famicom light gun, and an assortment of RF modulators, controllers, and adapters.

The second box contained disks for the Disk System, and was completely packed. I have spread them out on the floor to take inventory and count well over 300 titles. About 95% are in jewel cases, the rest in paper sleeves.

Go here for the rest of the pictures: http://home.comcast.net/~gamesfortrade/

Now for my questions:

1. What exactly does the "Turbo Game Doctor" do? It comes in 2 pieces. The first plugs horizontally into famicom, and has an exposed board with contacts coming out the back, a cartidge slot on top, and a socket for a power supply on the back. A little button is one the top in the front. Now the second piece plugs into the card in the back and stands vertical and has its own power supply socket. Which is a good thing since this blocks the plug on the first piece. Now what does it do as a whole, and can the first piece be used without the second.

2. What does the above do in relation to the disk system? Inside the box it was assembled: disk system into game doctor (with back attachment), all plugged into the famicom.

3. What is the likelyhood that these disks still contain any game data?

4. What might the value of this lot be? I'm not a famicom collector, but I had never seen a disk system up close and figured I should pick it up when I had the chance.

5. I've been searching this forum and a few others looking for information and have not been too successful. Does anybody have an english language links detailing how to get these items up a running. Perhaps a link to an English translation of the manuals. I realize that is probably pushing it, but I'll take any good links.