Thread: Doing a little fishing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Doing a little fishing...

I'm debating selling/trading my copy of Ms. Space Fury for the colecovision. This was aquired via trade from DP himself about a year ago and is in the same condition I received it. It now resides in a plastic rental case that, and I have inserted a shrunken down copy of the full page ad down to give it a more formal box since it didn't come with one.

I'm not really sure what I want for it or even what I could get for it. I have an idea what the last few have gone for on ebay, but don't care to go that route right now since I'm not neccessarily looking for money. I figure it's worth more as potential trade bait. Some of the things I'd be looking for are a TG-16 portable and some cards, a decent collection of XL/XE carts, or anything else that piques my interest. Are these unrealistic expectations? As I said I'm not commiting to sell it just yet, but I will entertain offers. If you are looking for a copy PM me or post and perhaps we can work something out. Otherwise it will remain in the collection seeing play occasionally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think one sold on eBay for about $100 last year. But considering the rarity of Ms Space Fury, you're probably better off trading it for other rare items. The only thing I have to offer is Earthbound Zero on cart for the NES. Email me at jhd7@lazerlink.com if interested. -Jeff D

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

That wouldn't happen to be the original prototype, would it? Or is it merely one of those eprom burned carts that Hozer made? I don't think a copy of Earthbound NES would be worth much if such was the case.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its most certainly one of the EPROM ones from Hozer. Even the "real" proto is mired in controversy over its authenticity, so I'd steer clear of any Earthbound 0 protos or carts, unless I was planning on playing one just for the sake of it. If that's the case, I'd reccommend an Emulator.

Either way, the Earthbound cart wouldn't have much "collectable" value.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, it's not the official prototype, and I don't know who Hozer is. Although its' value is zilch according to DP collecting standards, there's still some value in the time & parts to make it. -Jeff D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I suppose the parts and labor might make it worth $20 or so to someone who really wanted it...but it's not a rarity or anything. It's kinda like the gamer's version of fanfic....cool but worthless.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

You guys lost me in this conversation.

The Ms. Space Fury cart he's got is an original. 90 were made. There is no "original prototype" unless you're talking about the Earthbound cart. It's not clear but I thought I'd at least lend some credibility to the item Goblin is talking about.

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ummm, guys? For what it's worth, Randy at Hozer Vide Games only made dupes of Atari 2600 carts. Not Colecovision or NES or any other system. Only 2600 carts. Don't know how he got mentioned in a dicussion of Ms. Space Fury and Earthbound.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry I mentioned anything. I wasn't trying to pass of the homemade EB Zero cart as anything rare or collectable. I have two and they're up for trade. No deception, no attempt to rip anyone off, nothing like that at all. Someone might be interested in it, maybe not.

The parts to make it cost about $40 (labor not included), and they didn't come from Hozer. Although the collecting value is zilch, it's still pretty cool to have the game on a cart.

This thread is supposed to be about Goblin's Ms Space Fury, a rare and highly-desired cart. I casually mentioned my homemade EB Zero cart, honestly not expecting Goblin to trade with me. Can we move on now?

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sniderman
    Ummm, guys? For what it's worth, Randy at Hozer Vide Games only made dupes of Atari 2600 carts. Not Colecovision or NES or any other system. Only 2600 carts. Don't know how he got mentioned in a dicussion of Ms. Space Fury and Earthbound.
    Hozer did offer NES copies, as I've emailed him a while back about it when he was 'still in business.' I can't recall if it was expressly stated on his website, though in his reply he confirmed having done it before for others in the past. No ill words concerning the practice, just simply stating what he himself wrote me and offered to do. I think he wanted to charge about 20$ though, so I never got around to making an Earthbound copy for my sis.

And yes, DP, I had hoped I made the distinction clear that I was denouncing the value of the Earthbound copy as opposed to Ms Space Fury.