Thread: C64 games removed from 7th Ed?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default C64 games removed from 7th Ed?

I noticed several C64 games which were in the 6th Edition are not listed in the 7th. Is this because they were found not to exist, or is it another mistake like the shortened descriptions error?

Examples: Lunar Outpost, Puzzle Panic, Sword of Fargoal and Toki
    (Toki, at least, is mentioned in the Non-U.S. Game Releases section, so that might explain that one.)

Also, I noticed that the Sketch Master description still says "we have listed it in both the cartridge and hardware sections" even though it is not in the cartridge section in the 7th Edition.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

In the case of the first three... the reason for their original inclusion was because Jerry Greiner had them listed in his C64 cartridge collection. All were boxed and shrinked, never been opened. During the process of him selling the collection off, it was discovered that in fact all 3 were cassettes not cartridges. Seeing as I've spent so long looking for carts, never seen them in that format ever and no one had reported having them in that format... it seemed sensible to assume it was a mistake and they never existed in cart format to begin with.

As for "Toki", that should be in 7th edition in the non-US section. Are you saying it isn't? Sadly I don't have Access2000 here at work so I can't check the database file I update! But it's still in there as far as I know...

Sketch Master cartridge is somewhere in the US release section I'm almost positive...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That stinks... I was really hoping I could get Sword of Fargoal on a cartridge!

Toki is in the non-U.S. section in both editions. My bad. I thought that it had moved from U.S. to non-U.S.

I looked again and you're right, Sketch Master is listed, but it says Super Sketch which is why I didn't see it the first time.

Thanks for clearing that up!