Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory sealed NES madness!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

That is Crazy. $15,000.... But it is possible to have collected that many Sealed NES games & Systems over the years..

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This seller's a son of a bitch. I won the auction under my account that's linked to my US address (I normally ship things to canada but didn't want that to be an issue) and I needed a week to pay. Big deal right? Instead he's selling it for an undisclosed amount over 20k to someone else that's promising to wire the money with zero wait. Hope he burns in hell The shitty thing is I know I'm going to upset about this one for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DREW
    I emailed the seller asking if the sale does not go through I would be interested in them but would be picking them up in
    person

Got an answer that that would be fine but they have already
    received 20K+ offers

I'm sorry, call me an asshole but if I was the seller and received $20,000+ offers after the fact I'd sell it to the higher bidder and take the negative as well. I'd trade a single neg for about $10,000 without a second thought.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking

I'm sorry, call me an asshole but if I was the seller and received $20,000 offers after the fact I'd sell it the the higher bidder and take the negative. For an extra few thousand dollars I can afford a neg.
    Asshole. :P

But I probably would to.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Divine Atropos

Wow, now that's fucked up.. I'd sue his ass. >_>
    Come on, take a trip with me, across the bridge of lunacy...

Jed - The Fearless Leader of JedMart. Fighting the war against high prices, one sale at a time.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    This seller's a son of a bitch. I won the auction under my account that's linked to my US address (I normally ship things to canada but didn't want that to be an issue) and I needed a week to pay. Big deal right? Instead he's selling it for an undisclosed amount over 20k to someone else that's promising to wire the money with zero wait. Hope he burns in hell The shitty thing is I know I'm going to upset about this one for a long time.
    Bronty-2
    I would contact the seller and make it clear that he has
    a legally binding contract with you to sell the items at the
    closing price and if he does not you are prepared to sue
    him for the expected profit (5k+) you were expecting to
    make on this transaction.

You already have proof of the value in the email he sent
    you stating he is selling it now for 20k+.
    Drew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As for actually suing the guy, that seems like a lot of work, but I agree that the guy who sold them is a total douche bag. I can see where the posters who say that they would take a negative feedback and $10,000 over the alternative are coming from, but really, the seller should have researched his items and how much they were worth before putting the auction up. Or he should have split them up into tons of different auctions. Or, here's a real far-reaching idea, he shouldn't have put the option to buy it now on the damn auction in the first place! Any of those three mindlessly easy and obvious options would have preemptively avoided these problems.

The point is, this seller is a moron. Bronty, don't you at least feel a little better now that you no longer have to trust this guy with a ton of your money? What if they are reseals? Maybe you lucked out, and don't even know it.

And yes, I am only this optimistic when I'm considering someone else's problems; never when I'm worrying about my own.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

damn man that sucks so much, he should sell them to you since you won them.. i would've bought a few from you too

i think that drew is right you know about making contact with the seller to make him aware it's a legally binding contract

and sirhansirhan is completley correct about how the dude should have split them or not offered a BIN

you know what i say i reckon somebody localish to him here should e-mail the seller offereing at least $30,000 cash and say they'd meet him to pick up, then when they meet him see the items and then give him such a beating for what he's done to bronty, then just take the games and send them to bronty.. or split them up and divide between DP members

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW
    I emailed the seller asking if the sale does not go through I would be interested in them but would be picking them up in
    person

Got an answer that that would be fine but they have already
    received 20K+ offers

I'm sorry, call me an asshole but if I was the seller and received $20,000+ offers after the fact I'd sell it to the higher bidder and take the negative as well. I'd trade a single neg for about $10,000 without a second thought.
    Aye then take $30 of that $10k and use it to get rid of that negative via whatever website does that for $30 =P.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well I appreciate the sentiment but I just don't think suing him or anything is going to work. It would probably cost more than the value of the games to actually sue him, especially over a foreign jurisdiction. Just not worth it.

He seems like a trustworthy guy over the phone actually. Just too much of a hardass and not interested in making what I consider reasonable concessions.

According to him a buy it now is a buy it NOW, like right now, like he needs the money in 5 frickin' hours. I just couldn't cobble anything together fast enough.

And at this point what's done is done - chasing after this is just going to be lost effort, time and money.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"you know what i say i reckon somebody localish to him here should e-mail the seller offereing at least $30,000 cash and say they'd meet him to pick up, then when they meet him see the items and then give him such a beating for what he's done to bronty, then just take the games and send them to bronty.. or split them up and divide between DP members"

hehe.. I appreciate the sentiment.

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow that sux Isnt there anything you can do?
    This have happend to me once too. I won a Tiger Handheld for about $30 and got a mail from the next highest bidder that he wanted to buy it from me for $100. He really wanted it. The next day I got a mail again saying he didnt want it afterall. I payed the seller and waited for my stuff and after some days I got a Paypal refund from the seller. I e-mailed him and asked why. He said he lost the game on the floor and it broke lol. Then I told him I knew he sold the game to another guy, I even had his name. Then he came up with a lame excuse that he had 2 of it, so bullshit.

But I was suprised that the seller only had a price of $13500. If I had won it and found out he wouldnt sell I would be pissed as hell too.

About suing, is a winning bid on Ebay legaly binded? I mean, could you acctualy win the case if you sue someone for not selling the item(s) you won?
    If so, I would seriously do that (depending on how much it costs tho). I wouldnt let him get away that easy.

Im not sure what I would do acctualy, if someone offered me like $10000 more. I think I would have take a negative for it, not sure acctualy. Its not just the negative, its also the prinsiple. I wouldnt sell it for $13500 in the first place so I wouldnt have this problem anyway hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you want to know my opinion ....

Hes not selling to the highest bidder for one single reason...

He does not have them !

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What makes you say that? He seemed legit on the phone..

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

what he say on the phone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What makes you say that? He seemed legit on the phone..
    Well....

Im a collector myself and a few questions and thoughts comes to my head ...

- How did they hold for so long to soo many "multiple" sealed copies of the same game , retailers dont keep discontinue stock for such of big time , If he was a buyer-seller , why did he kept the sealed games for such of long time?? - If hes a collector why would he keep multiple copies of the same game ??

- Storage something for so many years its not that easy ...

- Low Feedback on Account even hes been a member from 2001 .

- Hawaii .

-If he kept that stock for that many years to make money, he will defenetly know that the lot its worth about 2-3 times more than what he asked for.

- From the photo ... It looks like some kind of Market , check the lady on the right , and the clothing above...

Did he had any other photos ?? Like a requested photo??

Anyone can seem legit on the phone...

Where did he got all that stock from ??

Maybe its possible when the system was running or not long after production ... But so many years later??

Honestly , Too many

Maybe he change his mind about commiting such of big fraud-

Bronty ... Honestly i wouldnt be worried, i am very sure about this one.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Paul,

Well I disagree, for a few reasons I can't really get into. But there's no doubt in mind the stuff is legit.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Paul,

Well I disagree, for a few reasons I can't really get into. But there's no doubt in mind the stuff is legit.

For a few reasons I can not really get into?? HAHA ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey Paul,

Fair enough ....

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There are thousands of old warehouse and storagerooms out there. Its quite possible that this had been stored away in a box far back were no one looked until recently.