Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by felix
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzway
    Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    You know.

The high bidder needs to send an email to Mike Gedeon. He was exchanging emails with this guy for a private sale. The price he gave Mike for the whole kabang was lower than the BIN. Is the seller trying to get multiple buyers to bite on the same bait?

Adam
    what did i say .....

I knew it !!
    I'm going to have to agree with you.. Your post earlier summed it up. WAY too many coincidents for me to feel safe buying it. I am thinking of email the seller and telling him that I would like to purchase it for say $2000 over his top buyers top price.. See what he says lol.
    Thank you , Thank you ...

Way Too irregular...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    It's a long story, but basically when he first called me like 20 mins after the auction end I was hoping to do this on time payments. He didn't want to accept that and by the end of the day when I confirmed I could get full payment in a week he didn't want to accept that either.
    Aren't these things that you should negotiate with a seller about before you bid?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bronty-2
    What makes you say that? He seemed legit on the phone..
    Well....

Im a collector myself and a few questions and thoughts comes to my head ...

#1- How did they hold for so long to soo many "multiple" sealed copies of the same game , retailers dont keep discontinue stock for such of big time , If he was a buyer-seller , why did he kept the sealed games for such of long time?? - If hes a collector why would he keep multiple copies of the same game ??

#2- Storage something for so many years its not that easy ...

#3- Low Feedback on Account even hes been a member from 2001 .

#4- Hawaii .

#5-If he kept that stock for that many years to make money, he will defenetly know that the lot its worth about 2-3 times more than what he asked for.

#6- From the photo ... It looks like some kind of Market , check the lady on the right , and the clothing above...

#7 Did he had any other photos ?? Like a requested photo??

#8 Anyone can seem legit on the phone...

#9 Where did he got all that stock from ??

#10 Maybe its possible when the system was running or not long after production ... But so many years later??

Honestly , Too many

Maybe he change his mind about commiting such of big fraud-

Bronty ... Honestly i wouldnt be worried, i am very sure about this one.
    I edited your post in my quote (added numbers) to help me comment on them...

#1 Its hard enough to find some of these titles complete and in OK condition, much less in factory sealed..

#2 The odds are astronomical! Wheres the new crew who *should have* recorded this amazing find? I know he didnt get all of those games off of ebay.. (trust me, ANYTHING that happens on Hawaii makes the news.. you can fart in church and they will probably cover it on the 9pm news).

#3 3 feedback?? Obviously this guy didnt get any of the games off of ebay.. He has little history has the protection of being in Hawaii (Laws are a little different down there.. people get away from a lot of stuff there just from the fact that "local" law beats out "federal" law). Want some good references?? Watch that bounty hunter show where the guy and his family are bounty hunters in Hawaii.. Its very different and easy to get away with about anything.

#4 Exactly.. If this were anywhere else in the states and I was going to pay 10s of thousands of dollars for it, I would sure a HELL go drive to see it.. Hawaii is a little out of reach.

#5 I will give him the benifit of the doubt in saying that maybe he just wants to get rid of it all at once, but why hasn't he sold ANYTHING on ebay? I would be more than tempted to sell some of those quadrupals for some extra money..

#6 On top of what you said, wheres the pictures of the factory seals??! How do we know that he didnt just shrink wrap them?

#7 Only 5 photos.. Usually somebody who sells lots like this go absolutly haywire with their photos.. its the only selling point of your item! 5 photos total??? hmmm. No closeups and do you see ANYTHING that would suggest that these pictures wern't taken 10 years ago??? Find me 1 thing that wasn't around before 1995.. Theres even a tape player in the background ffs. One of the photos has a lady in it and the quality of the photo reminds me of my childhood pictures from the late 80s/90s..

#8 Call me on the phone, I will tell you that.. I live in Russia, Drive a Porsche, Live in a $100,000,000 dollar castle and am sleeping with the victoria's secret models. Will you belive me? You belive this guy..

#9 Exactly.. I actaully REALLY want to know about this..

#10 Whats the NEWEST game in that LOT?? what.. My GUESS is 10 years old..

WAYYYYY too many little things that don't add up. WAAAAAYYY too many red flags that say "DONT BUY FROM ME"..

^^Sig by felix. PM me if you want a custom sig.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Felix ....

I really want to know what happens with all this ....

Its like watching a movie, we are in the middle of the plot but we dont know the end yet ....

But i bet anything were right !

Will continue.......

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I do too

It is very suspenseful! This is the first thread I have ever "watched"..

I hope everything turns out alright. If it does, this will be IMO the biggest find that DP has ever seen. But the odds are slim.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

If that was the case though, he'd be willing to take my money too, which he's not interested in. Had a conversation on the phone with him today. It's a long story, but basically when he first called me like 20 mins after the auction end I was hoping to do this on time payments. He didn't want to accept that and by the end of the day when I confirmed I could get full payment in a week he didn't want to accept that either.
    I don't know this guy and I won't make any judgements here. Thats for the involved parties to work out. However, your transaction with this guy is a more "recorded" transaction. Its on record. You bid on the games listed and pictured. If he screwed you eBay may step in. You wanted to pay with paypal and they too would step in.

Outside of eBay and Paypal who is to say what that 10k or 20k wire transfer is for? There was no auction and less of a paper trail. If he screwed over 10 guys who didn't bid on his auctions and had them send money on his terms wether wire transfer,money orders etc then what? He could send them each 1/10 of the collection and say that was the deal or even send them a box of coconuts or nothing at all. Then hes got 10X the money and still has the games. Less chance that any one of them can do anything about it. Then he would change his Ebay name and relist them (if he does have them) after the money is spent.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW ....

All types of theories !!

Getting hotter and hotter .

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If that was the case though, he'd be willing to take my money too, which he's not interested in. Had a conversation on the phone with him today. It's a long story, but basically when he first called me like 20 mins after the auction end I was hoping to do this on time payments. He didn't want to accept that and by the end of the day when I confirmed I could get full payment in a week he didn't want to accept that either.
    I don't know this guy and I won't make any judgements here. Thats for the involved parties to work out. However, your transaction with this guy is a more "recorded" transaction. Its on record. You bid on the games listed and pictured. If he screwed you eBay may step in. You wanted to pay with paypal and they too would step in.

Outside of eBay and Paypal who is to say what that 10k or 20k wire transfer is for? There was no auction and less of a paper trail. If he screwed over 10 guys who didn't bid on his auctions and had them send money on his terms wether wire transfer,money orders etc then what? He could send them each 1/10 of the collection and say that was the deal or even send them a box of coconuts or nothing at all. Then hes got 10X the money and still has the games. Less chance that any one of them can do anything about it. Then he would change his Ebay name and relist them (if he does have them) after the money is spent.
    On top of all of that, even if he went through paypal, they only cover up to $2000. With $1500 shipping, hes not going to take much of a hit (esp for the final price including shipping). After Paypal refunds you $2000 (in about 6 months time), you will more than likely never hear from paypal or the buyer ever again. So lets look at it this way.. You give me $13,500.00 + $1,500 and I will GREATFULLY refund you $2000 and walk away scott-free with $13,000.

That sounds like a deal to me.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anything is possible. A warehouse find is possible. Haven't a guy found 1000 cheetahmen (some years ago but still) at 1$ each. However true or false... ***We like to think it is real***, I guess especially bronty. ;-) Heck I would have considered it and there is not enough space to put all this in my house I bet.

Also, your comment about how he sell remind me of an article I read that say that we sell like we buy. Exemple, if you are cheap, you are most likely to sell cheap. Etc. Meaning, if it is true, it doesn't mean that this guy want to sell it one by one (that take time and if he has other business going on...). It doesn't mean it worth that much to them "thinking it is old stock". People sometime give a little rebate to sell the lot faster to gain space.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't see any red flags, if y'all don't believe he has them, how did he fabricate these pictures? Multiple copies of almost every title, and 5-10 copies on alot of them, all look minty fresh. Even has several original cases for games & systems. It's not uncommon for a stash like this to be found in some old warehouse. Even on Hawaii, they sold Nintendo down there right?

Just in this last year alone, there have been several HUGE collections of NIB software & hardware up on ebay, most recently the $175K computer lot, which that guy was selling piece at a time, but snaped a few pics of the garage to try & sell it all in one go.. No one bid on that, but where did it come from? He likely found them all together somewhere, had to. Before that there was a huge lot of Bally Astrocade games, like 746(??) brand new games, this a system that predates Nintendo.. And before that one, there was a huge lot of Starplex controllers & accessories found, hundreds of these, I don't think a total was given, because the seller broke down into lots selling. Again a huge collection of nib hardware from the early 80s just sitting in a store room for 20 years.

It's possible this guy has known about these Nintendo games for a number of years, but just hadn't had time to mess with them, or didn't own them so he couldn't. He may not have researched any, just threw up on ebay with a BIN of around $10 a pop. Which would seem optimistic if you didn't know the value of any of these, given their age.

Having no feedback is not that big of a deal. That just shows he's not a regular on ebay.

Not trying to sell individually is not too uncommon, when faced with the possibility of having to mail out hundreds & hundreds of packages. It probably wasn't something he wanted to get involved with. It's much easier just posting one single auction.

Not wanting to sell to Bronty after the phone conversation isn't surprising either, when Bronty informed him he did not have the funds to purchase this lot he'd just BINed and is hoping the seller can hold out for a time based payment plan. This isn't layaway. And that should have been approved before he ever bid on the auction. At this point the seller probably started receiving offers from other interested parties, all above the now ended BIN price, and the seller decided he doesn't want to wait around on multiple payment plan that Bronty offered.

To the seller it would seem that Bronty was getting in over his head with this purchase, time based payments might get stretched out longer than originally agreed upon, and even the last attempt that he could have the money in one week, might not actually work out, and then what? The seller is looking at these other offers, and doesn't want to mess around with someone who might not have the money, or get into a situation where he starts accepting money, then has to wait indefinitely when things don't work according to plan.

Not showing seals? Only proves he doesn't know much about Nintendo. Honestly on a lot that big, what does it matter? So you think he bought these piece at a time so he could reseal at home & make money on ebay? It would probably cost $5K or more to purchase that lot piece at a time in mint complete form just so he could put together a fake warehouse find with a BIN of $15K Get real, no one is gonna waste that much time or money on a scheme like that. And when's the last time anyone has seen cases of systems in original packing boxes on ebay, what would one of those fetch?

$2K paypal thing is less of a concern when I think the FBI still works internet crime, mail fraud is out if it goes UPS, but still lawsuits can be filed. People do get caught & punished. This isn't something where you're just gonna file a paypal dispute and call it a day.

I agree with the other posters when they said they'd take the extra $10K over a neg in a heartbeat. I would too, especially given the circumstances. If the buyer had money in hand, willing to pay right then, this would not even be a discussion now. But since he didn't it opened the door for all these others to come in, and now waiting on $13K vs a wire trans tomorrow evening for $20K, which would you prefer??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Ok lets say he has them and is an honest guy. Err except he doesn't honor the winning bid.

I'm still curious why he offered the lot for LESS than the BIN to Mike Gedeon.

Does that make any sense?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My first columbo question would be: how he did get in contact with Mike Gedeon (I suppose he is the guy behind one of the vgc, the other being Mike Etlers, a s separating the name)? He did the first move or otherwise.

And of course my second question is: was it before or after the auction that he offered a lower price?

From the talk on this forum, he was offered more (20k$) but the talk doesn't say if he has accepted it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Monkey Butt

I disagree with the comment that you can tell how old the photo is by the clothes hangin up or by the lady sitting in one of the photos. I can walk through any mall today and find a lady that looks almost exactly like that lady. And about 100 people wearing almost exactly here clothes or the clothes that are hanging up. Not a adiquite indication of the date of the photos.

It looks like a nice lot, and that is about all you can tell from the photos.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

My first columbo question would be: how he did get in contact with Mike Gedeon (I suppose he is the guy behind one of the vgc, the other being Mike Etlers, a s separating the name)? He did the first move or otherwise.

And of course my second question is: was it before or after the auction that he offered a lower price?
    You can email Mike at Mgedeon216@aol.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Something tells me in my gut that this is a fake. If this guy is an EBAY member he would have done his homework and sold for more. Ignorance is one thing, greed is another. Also, who in their right mind would sell $13K worth of stuff and take such crap photos? I’m telling you, I have a feeling this one is going to end badly.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hundred of people are gonna buy it ;-) And receive 1400 roms, 300 different games, 800 bad dumps, 300 variation of mario bros and hack. Etc. ;-)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok lets say he has them and is an honest guy. Err except he doesn't honor the winning bid.

I'm still curious why he offered the lot for LESS than the BIN to Mike Gedeon.

Does that make any sense?
    Sure does. The guy wants to make a quick and easy sale. Likely the $20,000+ offers were similar in the terms that Bronty-2 tried to negotiate after the sale.

He's probably considering that Mike Gedeon offers the least hastle of all of the offers and that is value added--especially if you have to move inventory by a deadline.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by video_game_addict

I don't see any red flags, if y'all don't believe he has them, how did he fabricate these pictures? Multiple copies of almost every title, and 5-10 copies on alot of them, all look minty fresh. Even has several original cases for games & systems. It's not uncommon for a stash like this to be found in some old warehouse. Even on Hawaii, they sold Nintendo down there right?

Just in this last year alone, there have been several HUGE collections of NIB software & hardware up on ebay, most recently the $175K computer lot, which that guy was selling piece at a time, but snaped a few pics of the garage to try & sell it all in one go.. No one bid on that, but where did it come from? He likely found them all together somewhere, had to. Before that there was a huge lot of Bally Astrocade games, like 746(??) brand new games, this a system that predates Nintendo.. And before that one, there was a huge lot of Starplex controllers & accessories found, hundreds of these, I don't think a total was given, because the seller broke down into lots selling. Again a huge collection of nib hardware from the early 80s just sitting in a store room for 20 years.

It's possible this guy has known about these Nintendo games for a number of years, but just hadn't had time to mess with them, or didn't own them so he couldn't. He may not have researched any, just threw up on ebay with a BIN of around $10 a pop. Which would seem optimistic if you didn't know the value of any of these, given their age.

Having no feedback is not that big of a deal. That just shows he's not a regular on ebay.

Not trying to sell individually is not too uncommon, when faced with the possibility of having to mail out hundreds & hundreds of packages. It probably wasn't something he wanted to get involved with. It's much easier just posting one single auction.

Not wanting to sell to Bronty after the phone conversation isn't surprising either, when Bronty informed him he did not have the funds to purchase this lot he'd just BINed and is hoping the seller can hold out for a time based payment plan. This isn't layaway. And that should have been approved before he ever bid on the auction. At this point the seller probably started receiving offers from other interested parties, all above the now ended BIN price, and the seller decided he doesn't want to wait around on multiple payment plan that Bronty offered.

To the seller it would seem that Bronty was getting in over his head with this purchase, time based payments might get stretched out longer than originally agreed upon, and even the last attempt that he could have the money in one week, might not actually work out, and then what? The seller is looking at these other offers, and doesn't want to mess around with someone who might not have the money, or get into a situation where he starts accepting money, then has to wait indefinitely when things don't work according to plan.

Not showing seals? Only proves he doesn't know much about Nintendo. Honestly on a lot that big, what does it matter? So you think he bought these piece at a time so he could reseal at home & make money on ebay? It would probably cost $5K or more to purchase that lot piece at a time in mint complete form just so he could put together a fake warehouse find with a BIN of $15K Get real, no one is gonna waste that much time or money on a scheme like that. And when's the last time anyone has seen cases of systems in original packing boxes on ebay, what would one of those fetch?

$2K paypal thing is less of a concern when I think the FBI still works internet crime, mail fraud is out if it goes UPS, but still lawsuits can be filed. People do get caught & punished. This isn't something where you're just gonna file a paypal dispute and call it a day.

I agree with the other posters when they said they'd take the extra $10K over a neg in a heartbeat. I would too, especially given the circumstances. If the buyer had money in hand, willing to pay right then, this would not even be a discussion now. But since he didn't it opened the door for all these others to come in, and now waiting on $13K vs a wire trans tomorrow evening for $20K, which would you prefer??
    I agree with a lot of your comments, and yeah what you mention about time payments maybe stretching out were some of his concerns. The thing I have trouble with is that after he said no to time payments I said I'd pay up front and he still said no. That's BS. It's his right to refuse the time payments part of the sale, but there is no basis on which to refuse full payment. I'm definitely going to neg his ass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe this guy worked with Nintendo...and look what he shoveled in his pockets. lol. Fucking awesome lot though!

The Best Fighter in HISTORY!!!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I disappear for 2 weeks, and all kinds of shit goes down. So... what was the outcome?

I'm in cruzway's camp, btw. Sketchzilla right here.