i WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF THEY WERE RESEALED
    "Great Oden's beard! I didn't say that She typed it on the Teleprompter"
    - Ron Burgundy

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If someone reseal game he found in pristine mint condition that is probably harder to find. Even thought I guess it depends the person who owned them. Some people's stuff are always pristine mint.

Well, I would like to heard an update about that vg soap opera.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Update please.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

there's really nothing to update... guy refused to sell for the auction price and sold to someone else at some price over 20k. He sent me a mutual agreement to not complete sale form, I guess so he could get his ebay fees back; I never laughed so hard in my life. Needless to say I didn't 'mutually agree.' Also reported him for non-performance and will leave a neg once I hear back from ebay as to what they plan to do about my report (nothing, I'm sure).

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I'm finally going to jump in on this one too. For some strange reason I was awake the morning this listed. It had only been on ebay for only 20 minutes when I came across it (you know the early bird gets the worm). I watched it and debated for nearly about 45 minutes before deciding I couldn't possibly do it. Even then it was 3 hours before bronty came along with the winning bid. Had I just bought it, it would have gone into closed auction infamy before anyone even had his e-mail address. (Kind of like the Stadium Events I got that no one here ever noticed - maybe now someone will).

Anyhow, to those of you doubters, I think you can't be further from the truth. Certainly this isn't at a market somewhere, that would have been no secret to buyers - would have sold long ago. Certainly the pictures couldn't be faked, there are games and items strewn about all over, there are not only unopened games but unopened cases of games, etc... One final note on this, many of the games appear to have 2 little price tags on them. That may help the non-believers more than those who think its real though.

As for getting screwed, something like this you definitely pay through an escrow service. You send money to holding company, seller sends items to holding company, holding company sends to seller and buyer upon inspection. If one person doesn't follow through, the item or money goes back to the sender. Fees aren't terrible, and are definitely worth the money and the time delay. Any legit seller would accept this method of payment.

Anyhow, its a totally raw deal and I feel very badly for you bronty.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyatari
    Any idea what this set would be worth if broken up on ebay?

Adam
    My estimate puts it more like $80,000 and even that seems low. ($50 avg for games and $200 avg for systems)
    Completed 60+ trades here on digital press.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 8bitnes
    Had I just bought it, it would have gone into closed auction infamy before anyone even had his e-mail address. (Kind of like the Stadium Events I got that no one here ever noticed - maybe now someone will).
    Oh i most definately noticed. In fact i missed that BIN by a mere 2 minutes. I just didn't think it would be necessary to spout off about something like that until you actually recieved it. $175.... damn...

-Josh

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qixmaster
    Had I just bought it, it would have gone into closed auction infamy before anyone even had his e-mail address. (Kind of like the Stadium Events I got that no one here ever noticed - maybe now someone will).
    Oh i most definitely noticed. In fact i missed that BIN by a mere 2 minutes. I just didn't think it would be necessary to spout off about something like that until you actually recieved it. $175.... damn...

-Josh
    $175 wasn't mine. Mine was a different one, it has a cool story behind where and when the buyer found it too.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are you talking about the Stadium Events you BIN lately at 350$? I was hesitating and wanted more picture.

It is hard to price the item. Because if big buyers buy it, is there still other big buyer to buy them at high price. For example, if you found 10000 stadium events. I don't know how high you would be able to sell them all.

I wonder how many serious brand new NES collector there is. Probably a lot, but are we talking about 100, 1000, 10000? ;-)

As for the pricing, it is hard to tell without know all the games. But even my collection which is not as big (1400 new games vs. a coupled hundred new) -- will probably sell higher. At less if I sell, I am gonna get higher (I might have paid too much for some stuff and get stuff really lower expected price... as most collector :-))

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickoz
    Are you talking about the Stadium Events you BIN lately at 350$? I was hesitating and wanted more picture.
    That's it. Found it in ebay stores . It was there for 36 hours so I'm sure you weren't the only one who saw it. I debated for a very long time before buying it, especially because of the poor photo. Once I realized he was in the same state as me, I bit the bullet and bought it. The price was a little below the normal market usual of $400 or so. Definitely not too bad and besides, I'm sure the one listed now will hit closer to $500. He lived only 20 miles away from where my brother goes to college, so we arranged an in person pickup.

Anyhow, I got it from Steve Jansen. Some of you may know him or at least have heard of his cartridge. He found at a video store on his way to CGE in Las Vegas. I think he said it was in 1997. Very interesting guy, would love to see his basement.

Anyhow, I most likely own the rarest rental label in the NES collection. LINK

Since getting it I have had the incentive to pursue completion of my collectoin. I have lowered my needed NES carts from roughly 150 to just 15 in about a month.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was very very close to get it. Well glad you like it. At less I know I will see other Stadium Events. Lately I lose an auction I might not see again (it is a sport card, probably a 1/1 special edition -- I don't collect card anymore, but started with some limited players... and well I was gonna bid high amount of cash and my bidding software fux0red at the very end).

All this, because in that Stadium Event case, I was a little mad at myself for not acting faster - I hesitated a lot and that is what it got me (and got you!). I just wish if I spend 300$+ on only a cart, that the cartridge will at less be mint (that is why I was mostly waiting for picture, etc.).

I would say it is a good price if you wanted it and it is in good condition. I would say the market would fetch 300-500$ depending of the bidder, timing, etc. But then, there is always someone to amaze us!

Something fun, I lately did go on a street near my house (I live where my grandpa used to live and my cousin used to live upstai) and I think I noticed a very old store we did go rent cart at. It is weird I never noticed that since I live here since long (but we rented cart there like 15 years ago!) -- imagine if I dare to enter and find some old NES games. ;-) might happen!

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Qixmaster
    Oh i most definitely noticed. In fact i missed that BIN by a mere 2 minutes. I just didn't think it would be necessary to spout off about something like that until you actually recieved it. $175.... damn...

-Josh
    $175 wasn't mine. Mine was a different one, it has a cool story behind where and when the buyer found it too.
    I must be trippin' balls or something. I thought it was 175... maybe i saw a different one or maybe i just have a really bad memory. I did see one that you bought tho and i remember distinctly saying "shit, 8bitnes gets all the deals" outloud in front of my computer.

Guess i gotta keep my memory in line. nonetheless, i would have snagged it, rather it was $175 or $350 (in this case).

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My estimate puts it more like $80,000 and even that seems low. ($50 avg for games and $200 avg for systems)
    I think eric is bang on like usual. The lot is both legit and worth at least 80k at collector prices, depending on the multiples of certain games maybe more than that. There a ton of games in that lot that are rare factory sealed.

But to echo a little bit of what mickoz had to say, the value of it as a lot is completely, completely subjective. Selling off a collection of that quality and quantity on ebay would completely depress prices. The number of what I consider serious factory sealed collectors is far closer to ten than it is to ten thousand. It's happened many times before when a seller has even four or five copies of a sealed game that the fourth one will for a quarter of what the first copy did after the couple or three collectors that even care to own it get their copy. So as a lot I consider it worth maybe 35 or 40 k... and very few collectors have that kind of dough for a collection; hence the 23k or thereabouts selling price.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won't advance on 10. I would have the personal feeling that there is not that many serious factory sealed collector. But then we will have to define serious (but indeed there is not 10000 and it is probably safe to say less than 1000 -- but there may be well more than 100 -- some people are on and off).

Some people only want factory sealed copies of some particular games (meaning they don't aim for a completeness). So some title won't depreciate much in value, unless you have 1000+ copies.

That is something that is interesting in that kind of collection, it is incertitude.

Anyone who has 50-100+ different new NES games and aiming to get more should probably be considered "serious". Maybe not the most hardcore as they may be more patient, etc. I bet you have a database at home of the names

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickoz
    Some people only want factory sealed copies of some particular games (meaning they don't aim for a completeness). So some title won't depreciate much in value, unless you have 1000+ copies.
    Exactly, games like Contra, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Megaman, Tyson, etc... Cult Classics will never drop dramatically in price.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good work Gumshoe! ^^

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dang,

That definately could be the person who bought the lot. The fact that they have 24 sealed copies of Amagon is a sign. I wish that "Homework First" was in better condition, because I would toss a bid on it if it was.

If anyone has a NIP Homework First in good shape, please PM me about it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by video_game_addict
    What? Already? Holy Shit, that was quick...lol..

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Clearly not the brightest man.

Let's list 2 copies of 10-Yard Fight and 3 of Castlevania 2 at once. The Athletic World games I can understand, but seriously get a clue on the others. Why on Earth would you want to compete with yourself and split your potential bids up?

EDIT: Oh, and by the way, the Wrecking Crew's seam is broken on the right AND it looks like a reseal.

These are definitely the games from that lot though. The price tags on the all of them match up with what is visible in the pictures.

EDIT AGAIN: The first 10-Yard Fight is definitely a reseal and the second looks like one too. 3D Worldrunner and Rush 'N Attack are definitely fakes as well.

I'm sure bronty is out there somewhere (Canada perhaps) with a half smile on his face over this one.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: These more interesting titles appear to be authentic on the other hand: Tyson, Zelda 2, Mario 1, Castlevania 2 (all 3), Pinball, Bomberman

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Howdy

Yeah, I couldn't help but smile when I saw that all the best games he's listed so far are reseals. But those are store reseals - could be that he's just getting rid of the junk and keeping the good stuff.

one thing I did notice though is that the reseals are all the early games - all the hangtab box games. So there could be a lot more resealed black boxes in that lot. Or not, tough to say. But I definitely had to chuckle when I saw five or so of the top games - all resealed