Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GameTZ... seriously, is it just me??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default GameTZ... seriously, is it just me??

is it just me or has GameTZ like seriously gone down the crapper? I joined in April 2001 and it was just a haven for trades and deals... in fact one of my favorite members there was a guy named Rain AKA Brian Meade I think it was who gave out incredible deals, including Radiant Silvergun disc only for $65 shipped.

GameTZ in 2002 was still pretty darn good.

2003 it started slipping. They introduced the members' fee thing.

2004... ugh.

And now... I think it's gone down the toilet. Most of the cool users are gone, and nobody seems to trade these days... just another place to chat and show off your collection. What is the use of putting games on your AVAILABLE list and saying "Sorry NFT (Not for Trade)" ????

Anyways, I had great memories of GameTZ, it's sad to see the nose dive it's taken, but perhaps that's just me. Hmmm, kinda like Chuck E. Cheese's eh?? Vent mode over

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTZ is pure shit, plain and simple. I stopped using it when I discovered what a crock their mod system was. I've never missed it.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was good once?

One more day and I'm out of there. (Someone who wasn't an asshole gave me a week extra).

Everyone who has the games I'm looking for either wants my immortal soul and the contents of my bank account *cough*trueking*cough*, is like "sorry NFT" like the earlier posters have issues with, have screwed other people over, or are just plain not on.

The best reason for not staying on GTZ is because no one should have to pay for shit.

sailorneorune
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I purchased a few weeks after the gay fees started. then screw that, what a waste of cash, time, and headaches..
    #vbender

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

I used the service 1999-2000. I made some great deals and some not so good trades. Random PCs games for complete and or sealed NES games. Also I traded my complete copies of FF2, FF3, Secret of Mana and Earthbound for 6 Dreamcast launch titles right after it's launch. I thought about going back to it but I found they started charging for the "service" so I just gave up.

Insert Coin (Level 0) dougman999's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

eh, I still like it. I actually started there right after it went Sub-only. I think that that generally made people a little more reliable and trustworthy, because they had to throw some $$ just to participate.

But now all new users get 4 weeks free, so that can kind of put a damper on that.

A great thing though is that you can trade subtime around. I usually get NES games I don't have that way, which is a plus.

But GTZ doesn't have an Arcade like this place :-) The jackpots really make this place addicting :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i became a member a while back and got ripped off big time

it didnt help they didnt have any kind of good system for letting everyone know who the crooks are - that tiny feedback thing they had wasn't enough

after getting ripped like that i never trusted the place

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was a member of the site for a while a few years back and was never impressed, everybody on there wanted way too much for their games.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default f

They booted me before the fees system for asking about a game THEY claimed was a pirated game....they are so full of shit.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

some jerk didnt respond to aims after i made a agreement to buy river city ransom for the turbo duo from him for $50 , that was cold dude .
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    I purchased a few weeks after the gay fees started.
    The gay fees? Isn't exchanging sex for videogames illegal?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    No no no, you fail to understand...

What he's talking about is new legislation currently active in the states of New Hampshire, Alabama, Utah, Kansas, and Florida, and pending in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, and South Carolina, whereupon all homosexuals are taxed. This helps line the pocketbooks of America's Truest Heroes (the politicians working to keep us as a nation protected!) with a tiny percentage of the booming Young Boy trade profits (because it's a well known fact that all gay people are also members of NAMBLA). Basically anybody identifying as "homosexual", "partially homosexual", "bisexual", or "in close and/or constant contact with homosexuals" pays a small fee, and in return is given a yellow star, to identify them on the street and combat the spread of terrorism.

At one time the money collected was to go to AIDS research, since it's also a well known fact that filthy, flagrant homosexuals are the cause of AIDS, but Kansas senators hemmed and hawwed until this was stricken out - turns out many AIDS researchers also support stem cell research, and the entire thing goes against the Bible in many, many ways (does the Bible mention AIDS anywhere? No! Therefore even acknowledging it is a sin against Christ and the Lord).

Anyway, GameTZ hopped on the bandwagon after discovering that people were dumb enough to pay money to list their games on a website and get offered trades. They figured that people would also be dumb enough to pay their gay fees TWICE - once to the state, and then again at the website.

While I, like many others on these boards, wholeheartedly support legislation of human sexuality (remember - Spaniards didn't kill the Incas! Perverse artwork killed the Incas!), I cannot agree with GameTZ's unsportsmanlike, dishonest policies.

Just thought I'd clear you up, Mr. Captain Wrong.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Tried it for a while before the fees kicked in. Some vaguely interesting tales but most of them indicative of the piss poor mentality behinds the site.

Hated the 'you send first if my rating is higher' rule.

The top tier members tended to procrastinate on sending out my stuff.

Tried to trade a Final Fight Guy for a Little Samson, got rejected, so I turned around and sold it on Ebay for a 100 bucks.

Key (Level 9) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was a pretty cool place between 1999-2000. I managed about 130 trades, and only had 1 bad one with some dickweed. After the fees kicked in, well, it started to really suck . It's good to see some of the more high-profile members from there I like visiting DP (You rule, ChickenPuppet! )...

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I use it. And I like it.

So what if you have to pay a little bit of money to use the site? It's five bucks for two months. It's not going to make you go broke. Many of you are complaining about this, and I'll tell you, it's worth it. I remember, the first day I subscribed after being inactive for a while, I sold a ten dollar game for thirty bucks. I made my money back right then, and got profit. I also made many more trades in my two months, and now I've subscibed for a long time. Flame me all you want, but it's a good site with a bunch of good people. Sure, some might be annoying, and others you just don't like, but that's why there's a filter so you don't have to be bugged by whoever you don't like.

it didnt help they didnt have any kind of good system for letting everyone know who the crooks are - that tiny feedback thing they had wasn't enough
    You do realize, you can file Bad Trader Reports on people who rip you off? Using this, you can explain what they did, and it shows on their page, which could prevent others from getting ripped off.

I was a member of the site for a while a few years back and was never impressed, everybody on there wanted way too much for their games.
    Yeah, it's true some people overprice their items, but every once in a while you'll find a good deal you can't refuse.

Hated the 'you send first if my rating is higher' rule.

The top tier members tended to procrastinate on sending out my stuff.
    This is rediculous. Why should it not have a 'lower rating sends first' rule? Do you always trust a new member? Do trust that if you send them a game first, that they will always send one in return? I don't think so. And it's not like YOU HAVE TO. It's just recommended.

All in all, despite the subscription fees, GameTZ is a good place. There might be some jerks and idiots here and there, but with the filter system, you can get by them and talk with the other people. There are many interesting people there to meet, and even if you don't want to talk video gaming, there's almost always someone there to cheer you up. Although there's not always great deals on the site, if you check around in the forums, or make some offers, I'm sure that you'll find something in no time.

Great Puma (Level 12) Bratwurst's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Monster
    This is rediculous. Why should it not have a 'lower rating sends first' rule? Do you always trust a new member? Do trust that if you send them a game first, that they will always send one in return? I don't think so. And it's not like YOU HAVE TO. It's just recommended.
    Zero instances of feedback sure there's a reason to be cautious but if someone did 20 good trades vs. 256 I'd see no reason for both not to send mutually. This sort of thing happens everyday on DP but nobody really thinks about it because there isn't an apparent numerical rating system that makes people perceive each other like they were in castes. On GTZ I got a concrete impression that nobody trusted anyone really and it was okay to dick around with you (shipping delays, etc.) if you were a peon. Flexibility was also negligible.

When I buy and trade on Digital Press I pay attention to more than just the feedback forum, I take into account how they socialize with other members if they're memorable instances, or their ebay ratings, anything they want to show me that they're upstanding in lieu of their newness. In nearly three years of doing business here I've only been scalded once and that was with a member that had shown no indication of screwing up, was backed positively by many people but has since shown his ugly side.

As a matter of fact most sour trades lately tend to be from longstanding members that suddenly wig out for one reason or another, so much for deferring automatically to the veterans huh?

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by emumuumuucowgomoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    No no no, you fail to understand...

What he's talking about is new legislation currently active in the states of New Hampshire, Alabama, Utah, Kansas, and Florida, and pending in Virginia, West Virginia, Tennessee, and South Carolina, whereupon all homosexuals are taxed. This helps line the pocketbooks of America's Truest Heroes (the politicians working to keep us as a nation protected!) with a tiny percentage of the booming Young Boy trade profits (because it's a well known fact that all gay people are also members of NAMBLA). Basically anybody identifying as "homosexual", "partially homosexual", "bisexual", or "in close and/or constant contact with homosexuals" pays a small fee, and in return is given a yellow star, to identify them on the street and combat the spread of terrorism.

At one time the money collected was to go to AIDS research, since it's also a well known fact that filthy, flagrant homosexuals are the cause of AIDS, but Kansas senators hemmed and hawwed until this was stricken out - turns out many AIDS researchers also support stem cell research, and the entire thing goes against the Bible in many, many ways (does the Bible mention AIDS anywhere? No! Therefore even acknowledging it is a sin against Christ and the Lord).

Anyway, GameTZ hopped on the bandwagon after discovering that people were dumb enough to pay money to list their games on a website and get offered trades. They figured that people would also be dumb enough to pay their gay fees TWICE - once to the state, and then again at the website.

While I, like many others on these boards, wholeheartedly support legislation of human sexuality (remember - Spaniards didn't kill the Incas! Perverse artwork killed the Incas!), I cannot agree with GameTZ's unsportsmanlike, dishonest policies.

Just thought I'd clear you up, Mr. Captain Wrong.

Wow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

GTZ was pretty crappy whenever i went on there, though I went through with a few good trades

TGN is the only place worse... There are people who give me offers for my PDS for their gameboy color games.. No, seriously,... The place is a horrible marketplace, and you get ripped off there really often... I got ripped off 5 times with people with 100+ feedback , ahh and the MODS!! HAahaha The place is a wreck, and people give you horrible offers... I got myself banned from there, and they thought I was not happy with the outcome, haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah Trade Games Now... I checked it out but never used it... it looked horribly amateur-ish... AT LEAST GameTZ had a decent semi-professional look to it. TGN looked like garbage, and I'm not at all surprised to hear it was/is garbage, not just from you but others as well over the past handful years.

As for GameTZ I always believed in higher feedback the other person sends first. It's all about looking at their recent trades... see if they were successful and if the other parties were all satisfied... and checking out their post history is important as well. I done 50 trades on GameTZ, and only one time had a bad encounter, but that was because I fell for the hype, still, I managed to get my game back. Overall for me it was a good experience while it lasted. I got a fair handful of great deals. One of my favorites include Golden Axe the Duel JP version for Street Fighter Collection US.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    GTZ was pretty crappy whenever i went on there, though I went through with a few good trades

TGN is the only place worse... There are people who give me offers for my PDS for their gameboy color games.. No, seriously,... The place is a horrible marketplace, and you get ripped off there really often... I got ripped off 5 times with people with 100+ feedback , ahh and the MODS!! HAahaha The place is a wreck, and people give you horrible offers... I got myself banned from there, and they thought I was not happy with the outcome, haha

So, basically, you didn't know what you were doing, made some stupid trades, then acted like a flaming asstard, got banned, and now you're trying to act happy about it?

just checking...