Thread: Neutopia on PSP Using PCEP or HuE

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Neutopia on PSP Using PCEP or HuE

I am trying to emulate Neutopia on my PSP. I've tried the latest versions (as of 7/19/05) of both PCEP and HuE emulators I obtained from PSPUpdates. When I try to load the PCE file, the emulator hangs on a black screen. The emulators do indeed work because I successfully emulated other ROMs. I thought the problem may have something to do with the ROM I have, but I verified it on my PC using Hu-Go! 2.12. I understand Neutopia used an extension for the TurboGrafx-16 so it could save games to the "file cabinet." I am assuming it may have something to do with this feature; perhaps it hasn't been emulated on the PSP yet?

Has anyone had any luck getting Neutopia (or Neutopia II) to work with any emulator for the PSP? Please let me know what you did to accomplish this seemingly impossible task.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Default Re: Neutopia on PSP Using PCEP or HuE

Quote Originally Posted by legzelda
    I am trying to emulate Neutopia on my PSP. I've tried the latest versions (as of 7/19/05) of both PCEP and HuE emulators I obtained from PSPUpdates. When I try to load the PCE file, the emulator hangs on a black screen. The emulators do indeed work because I successfully emulated other ROMs. I thought the problem may have something to do with the ROM I have, but I verified it on my PC using Hu-Go! 2.12. I understand Neutopia used an extension for the TurboGrafx-16 so it could save games to the "file cabinet." I am assuming it may have something to do with this feature; perhaps it hasn't been emulated on the PSP yet?

Has anyone had any luck getting Neutopia (or Neutopia II) to work with any emulator for the PSP? Please let me know what you did to accomplish this seemingly impossible task.
    Neutopia I and II work with my PSP. I use PCE 0.7. I'm not going to post ROM links on DP, but if you still need help PM me and I'll help you out when I get off of work.

Chris

EDIT: I have not been able to get the file cabinet thing to work, though. I just use the save state feature instead, although you could also use the code that the old lady in the game gives you.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Neutopia on PSP Using PCEP or HuE

Quote Originally Posted by legzelda
    Both Neu and Neu 2 worked for me on PCE for PSP 0.70 after I used PCEToy to decrypt 'em. Quick and easy.

-- Z.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your help, Z and Jibbajaba! PCEToy did the trick--those ROMs (and several others I tried from various sources) must have been decrypted. All now works well in both HuE and PCEP.

Thanks again!