Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sigma Star Saga (shmup + rpg = dream come true)*out now*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by classicb
    Well it wasn't quite the dream come true that I was looking for.

I'm probably with most of you here who say it's not terrible but lets hope we get a sequel that is much better.

Most of you have already covered my thoughts on the game. For anybody who hasn't gotten it yet I would wait for a price drop. Its worth checking out just not at $30.
    I've played through this title a bit and i'm not thrilled. I was hoping it would be heavier on the shooting elements. The random battles would be better if they went on longer.
    Maybe i'll change my mind once I finish the title, but so far i aint happy.

THE ONE, THE ONLY- RCM
    I don't want you to hate me, I want you to want to hate me - GamersUniteMagazine.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think some people are a bit harsh on the game. It definitely has its flaws, but I'd give it a 7/10 overall.

The customized weapons DO make a big difference. If you don't think so, maybe you just haven't gotten enough of them. And a boss fight can be very easy or very hard depending on how you set up your blaster beforehand.

The story is good. The length of the game certainy lasts longer than most shmups. It has New Game +. Three Endings.

There are two main complaints I have with the game, that are pretty much attributed to the combination of genres. First, there's a little more emphasis on strength (aka levelling) than there is on reflexes. After a certain point in the game, you level up enough to where levels get easy. Too easy to be in a shmup. But then again, most normal RPGs are too easy as well, and nobody really complains about that.

The other thing is that by the time you get halfway through the game or further, the random battles start to get a little tedious. It's nice to be able to level in the process with fun button mashing, but it gets annoying when you're backtracking trying to find your way around a map.

Although, I actually found out that you can kind of cheaply avoid random battles once you get the Girl Wings. I don't think that was an intentional feature by the developers though.

It seems though that some people weren't prepared to play something other than a traditional, pure shmup. Which this game is not. If you can't play the game without comparing it to other shmups instead of being able to enjoy it as its own unique entity, then maybe it's not the game for you.

Think of it as an RPG first, and a shmup second, not the other way around. There's exploration, constant random battles, plot, many gameplay hours, stats. If that kind of typical RPG stuff isn't appealing in the first place to you, you're not going to like the game, even though they crammed a shmup in between all of the RPG events.

But the meat of the shmup stuff is not the random battles, but the "big" levels, of which there are maybe seven or eight or something, I didn't count.

I can see why some people didn't like it, but I did. It's good to see something original for once. I would like to think that people don't totally dismiss the game just because they had very specific pre-conceived notions about it before playing it. Just because some people thought it would be more shmup than RPG doesn't make it a bad game.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have still been meaning to get this.

it still looks good to me,and i am pretty sure i'll have fun with it.price drop yet?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I found a used copy for about $20. I don't know if the new ones have dropped in price yet. Since it's only been out a few months, they might wait until after Christmas to do that.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I bought a new copy at Best Buy the other day for 20.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milk
    milk is chillin lyte is chillin what more can I say top billin