I know homebrewing is possible for these two systems. The Sega CD being the most recently discovered one seeing as Good Deal Games has been rereleasing games and their own homebrews. Just wondering if anyone here has dabbled into the arts of it.

I know a little C and C++ programming myself, but how exactly would one program for these systems? Is it a whole nother language in itself? I would have to think it's not something as simple as compiling a program on the PC, and then converting it to work on a Gen/CD. Plus trying to get all the hardware and graphics units to sync up and allow the code and accessing the hardware itself I'm sure is a task in itself.

Just sort of looking for a general base of where a person would start with something like this if they wanted to try some things. Any homebrew Genesis/CD sites available out there?

The thoughts of a Sega CD MMORPG using the X-Band modem make it hard for me to sleep at night, lol. Not something too amazing mind you, but if you've ever played Graal Online, you know what I'm getting at.