Thread: Worst shipping abuse I've ever seen...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Worst shipping abuse I've ever seen...

Take a look at this auction. That's a heck of a bargain, right? Be sure to check shipping.

Okay, I know that altogether that's still not a bad price for a new game, but this is too deceptive to me to have ANY respect for that seller.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Great Puma (Level 12) Darth Sensei's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's ebay fee avoidance. They'll get him.
    DP Feedback

I am Darth Sensei on Xbox Live as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah, I hadn't even thought of that angle... Good point.

Sometimes I wish eBay made it easier to narc on these types.
    Russ Perry Jr, 2175 S Tonne Dr #114, Arlington Hts IL 60005
    Got any obscure game stuff?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

After shipping the game comes out to be its normal retaIl price. You're not getting a deal but you wouldn't be getting burnt either.

I don't see why people get so bent out of shape about these. We see it all the time and we all know why they do it (to avoid fees) I just don't see how it harms anyone other then eBay unless you're dumb enough to bid without checking the shipping fees first.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Jibbajaba

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    After shipping the game comes out to be its normal retaIl price. You're not getting a deal but you wouldn't be getting burnt either.

I don't see why people get so bent out of shape about these. We see it all the time and we all know why they do it (to avoid fees) I just don't see how it harms anyone other then eBay unless you're dumb enough to bid without checking the shipping fees first.
    I dunno. I guess some people are just more bothered by dishonesty than others. These auctions drive me nuts, too.

Chris

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that the item was pulled. I checked the listing and it said that the item was removed by e-bay or item was invalid.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did not see the auction in time before it was axed by Ebay. It's more than just fee avoidance though in my opinion. If the seller says they have a money back guarentee they usually only cover the sale price and not the shipping. So say you paid $.99 on the auction and 49.99 on the shipping and the item was not as described. The seller says he will refund you the sale price if you send the item back. Now the seller can even slam you on feedback because he will say "Offered buyer refund, but they refused".

Now do you see why people might get upset?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    they only "get him" if someone reports it...

I reported a few of his auctions for fee circumvention. Hopefully he gets the picture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by number6
    It's more than just fee avoidance though in my opinion. If the seller says they have a money back guarentee they usually only cover the sale price and not the shipping.
    Excellent point here.

I also hate when people do this, if you not willing to pay the fees to sell your item then you have no business selling it on ebay in the first place.

I didn't see the auction either but I'm glad to see it got pulled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philosophyst
    It's more than just fee avoidance though in my opinion. If the seller says they have a money back guarentee they usually only cover the sale price and not the shipping.
    Excellent point here.

I also hate when people do this, if you not willing to pay the fees to sell your item then you have no business selling it on ebay in the first place.
    Spoken like a true buyer who doesn't have to pay the fees

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Um, no. It's in clear violation of their policies. Doing this wil only entice them to raise their prices. I charge exact shipping, always. My items are priced low enough to get under the intial fees. If you can't make enough off the item to cover the fees, don't sell it. It's also deceptive to add to the refund situation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent point here.

Are you fucking kidding me? Ive sold a lot on ebay. You can just look at my feedback and see that most is from BUYERS. I haven't been selling much lately but I just checked and in total, I have 2092 feedbacks from buyers and 365 from sellers.

So, Griking, why don't you research your ignorant accusations before you decide to post them. I have seen your posts from time to time and you come off as a real jerk!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent point here.

that's a really rude post for little to no reason espeially when he's correct in what he says that sellers have no right to crank up shipping on items in the first place unless it requires a high shipping price

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Ever see the 10 cds for a penny ad?

same thing.

A person can only be "fooled" by high shipping once. After that they should know better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gamereviewgod
    I charge exact shipping, always. My items are priced low enough to get under the intial fees.
    I think that my shipping rates are reasonable as well, I'm just saying that I understand why this guy is listing like this. As for returns I suppose you're right but I'd probably let the seller's feedback be my determination if I'd bid or not.

BTW, how do you set your prices to get below initial fees? Isn't there a minimum fee (like $.35) for listing regardless of the opening price?

So, Griking, why don't you research your ignorant accusations before you decide to post them. I have seen your posts from time to time and you come off as a real jerk!
    You're right, I didn't bother to look up your personal eBay history. I don't have the time and really don't care. My comment was ment that its always easy for someone to say that someone else should suck it up and pay fees. This happens with listing fees and it happens especially with Paypal payments all the time. One of my pet peeves is that a buyer generally expects a seller to absorb the PayPal fees but if you ask that same buyer to pay via BidPay where the buyer and not the seller pays the fees and all of a sudden the person's attiture changes completely. Now the extra dollar or two is a hardship when they are expected to pay it.

As far as my coming off as a real jerk, I suppose that I do a lot of times. When you're generally a quiet person in real life like I am its kind of hard to let others know who you really are on a message board. I really don't post all that much unless its in response to something that sets off my "bullshit" alarms and then admittantly I probably type before I think everything out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CueWarrior
    They got him.
    I agree with the people that say that it isn't right to charge alot on shipping, even if it is to avoid fees. If you can't handle the fee's on ebay, then don't sell anything.
    It doens't bother me none, because I'm not stupid enough to not check the shipping. But people new to ebay might overlook that aspect and they'd have a bad experience and call all ebayers 'scammers.'