Topic pretty much describes it all. We have a Watchguard Firebox II at work and I thought it would be interesting to have a firewall with the same interface at home. The flash interface for it is really awesome. So, I didn't really know much when I bought this other than the fact that it had the possibility of being similar to the one at work. This box was the lowest end unit they made without the upgrades to make it do what I was hoping for. Long story not much shorter, it's just your typical linux firewall.

Specs:

Pentium 233mhz (can include original Cyrix 166)
??mb Ram, shouldn't matter unless you have really high amounts of traffic
2gb hard drive - don't quote me on this, but I do know it's a WD
3 x 3com network cards(original)
beheaded apac video card(so it boots)

There's not really much else to say. It's running IPCOP 1.4.0 right now and runs smoothly. Any major overhauls and changes would require the board to be taken loose, a keyboard connected and a video card hooked up to a monitor obviously. All of your regular changes can easily be done through the web interface of IPCOP.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=64023&rd=1

That is a link for one that is similar. It doesn't really say much about it which is quite common in auctions for watchguard products on ebay.

Anyways, I paid about $50 for the item itself and spent a little bit on small upgrades. I realize that the upgrades aren't significant but the parts weren't free nonetheless. If anybody wants to make an offer, feel free. If anybody has any questions, just send me a PM. I'm just looking to clear out some equipment to pay for other equipment. I may be selling some Analog Telephone Adapters(SIP) that I was using to test with asterisk as well, will update on that later. Pics upon request as well, paypal only.