Thread: Xbox Tokyo Game Summit over. So what do you think now?

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Default Xbox Tokyo Game Summit over. So what do you think now?

I know i'm still impressed. The 360 looks promising and the Summit only backed it up. MS has suprisingly strong support from the Japanese developers (assuming it's real support) despite the fact that the 360 itself isn't getting much support from the Japanese people.

PGR 3 looks mind-boggling good. I honestly can't wait for it. All the games showed at the event looked clean and all the clips appeared to be rendered in real time without slowdowns.

Looks like MS is lined up to break into the japanese market and i'm hoping they do. This time MS has a lot more then just Team Ninja behind them.

Even thouh Team Ninja didn't annouce Ninja Gaiden 2 for the xbox at the event i think it'll still be an Xbox 360 game. Itagaki-san has been very clear that he only wants to develope for one console so they can focus on making the game and not worry about porting. Given the fact that DOA4, DOAX2, DOA: Code Cronus and a new Team Ninja IP have been annouced for the 360 i doubt that they would switch to the PS3.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

what M$ should've done for xbox360, they should join the forces with major Japanese company - be it National or NEC... just big enough in Japanese mind...

then call it PanaCube360 or PC/FX360, not xbox360...
    that will move it much faster this time around...
    oh and do the promo tour with bunch of cute young girls dressed like Katsumi or Ayane...

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

They made up their own little show in Japan to try and get people intrested? How cute!

Heh, that was a bit Troll-ey.

What I mean is that in Japan, the Xbox isnt going to go anywhere. Did they ever even break 100K units sold in Japan? The Japanese just flat out, dont care about what we have to offer, but I really dont blame them. They make games like Katamari, and the best we can do is make a couple FPS.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Kirby (Level 13) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So lemme get this right, you need yet another DVD Remote in order to play DVD Movies? Good ol' Mircosoft and their countless add-ons/accessories

Now note, Im not the one who cares much for DVD playback, just the average consumer will be a little ticked off about the issue.
    These cartridges are dirty as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FoodMonster
    They made up their own little show in Japan to try and get people intrested? How cute! Smile

Heh, that was a bit Troll-ey.

What I mean is that in Japan, the Xbox isnt going to go anywhere. Did they ever even break 100K units sold in Japan? The Japanese just flat out, dont care about what we have to offer, but I really dont blame them. They make games like Katamari, and the best we can do is make a couple FPS.
    They've sold over 400k consoles, but i agree that, that isn't much. MS has support from a lot of japanese developers this time around and if they really do give full support we will see games like Katamari on the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls N Ghosts
    So lemme get this right, you need yet another DVD Remote in order to play DVD Movies? Good ol' Mircosoft and their countless add-ons/accessories

Now note, Im not the one who cares much for DVD playback, just the average consumer will be a little ticked off about the issue.
    You do not need the remote to watch dvds!!!!

The remote advertised is the windows media centre extender remote for the 360. According to previous report you can play dvd's on a stock box using the wireless controller.

By the way the only reason we have the dvd remote kit for the current xbox is because MS was trying to save money by not having to pay royalties on every console for dvd playback.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Microsoft still doesn't have a chance over their. They might, MIGHT, sell one million, but it's unlikely. The Japanese have national pride that we in America will never understand. I'm afraid Microsoft doesn't understand either. They think of Americans as fat, lazy, dumb, slobs, that only have a better economy because they got lucky. True or not, they believe it and that's all that counts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

That's funny, because none of the japanese I met seemed to think that. They are patriotic, yes, and feel that the Japanese are superior to every other people pretty much as part of their society, but they acknowledge foreigners as capable, if not as capable as themselves.

They just don't expect us to know jack shit about their customs.

If the 360 gets games the Japanese care about, they'll probably give it a look. The japanese market tends to have one system dominating and the rest picking through scraps-but let it be known that whoever gets Dragon Quest IX, will probably win.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives