Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Arcades in Connecticut -USA

OK this is for the gamers in CT
    -------------------------------------------------------
    High Voltage - west haven CT forest rd- Sucks Major Diseased Monkey Balls

when they first opened they had a neo geo machine and strikers 1945 and a few others. I went there this weekend and saw Ms packman - marvel Vs street fighter and some driving game (not classic) - they had 4 games only and got rid of everything they used to have - i think they used to have 8 -9 games in there
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Smiles - milford CT boston post rd- IS OK - not great - ok

its a big place - they have 2 floors of games a laser tag game, some rides, batting cages, mini-golf, kids area, and food.

Many DDR type games, and bunch of Daytona USA games- a bunch more driving games, couple skate boarding games- and few light gun games and a few classics and semi classics, sega derby ownders club and some fighters - oh and don't forget a ton of ticket machines

out of the fighters they dont have any street fighters , MKs, or KIs

out of the drivers - they dont have any classics like pole position, out run or any other pre 3d games

out of clasics (what i consider Pre 3d days) - they have ms pacman. galaga, AD&D, simpsons. sunset riders, terminator,revolution X, g-lock, the sega 16 bit boxing game where you have to use both hands (sorry), tetris ,mabey a couple more

notables - they have vitua cop - virtua ON- The sega derby owners club - the sega starwars trilogy game - the clasics i mentioned - code name veronica (only fps arcade i have ever seen)

negatives - older games are in serious need of repair often -feed back features on many games no longer works- thier mini golf sucks - no vertical or side scrolling shooters - no platformers - not enough classics - ddr games kill the audio on other machines - have had the same games for long time - they dont get new games either - lastly many games cost too much

--------------------------------------------------------

new place in west haven - boston post road next to maya night club (sorry dont remeber the name i will be going there this weekend and will edit this with the name)-- so far i say this is the best one ive been to in southern CT

have alot of games - games i have never heard of or manufactures -- they have a good mix of games -- look like they will be expanding the arcade area - also have ticket machine area - oh they also have a decent Go-cart set up- oh yes a bunch of pinball machines ( for you pinball guys and gals)

notables - raiden fighters - bunch of 16 bit games - UltraCade machine - some kind of VR machines (like a capsule you go into) - MK ultimate - sega naomi machine - Go- carts

Pros - seems like all features of games work (like feedback stuff) - prices are ok - alot of room - also games dont seem to be jacked to the highest level of dificulty

negatives - some games need screen adjustment - im hoping this is just becasue they recently opened and all they did was deliver the machines and turn them on. too many daytona usa machines. no food
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Quassy amusement park - BIG DISAPOINTMENT

The arcade building smells like pee inside - games are in roton condition and the glare is horendus- they also charge 5$ for parking now

I used to realy like this place as a kid - the arcade building was FULL of games - with great prices - now most of the building is filled with those ticket machines. One thing i liked about the place was that they still used quaters (i realy am sick of tokens)

the building has no climate control so its realy humid inside and its reaking havoc on the machines - im surprised the clasics are still working

the newest game and most expensive was golden tee 2005 (4.50$) - rush 2040 (1$) they also had silent scope for 1 quater - they also had a namco aniversary game Ms pacman w galaga (.50)

classics - they seemed to still have the same machines i saw there as a kid - galaga - pacman - frogger - other classics leathal enforcers both guns working very well- ms pacman - out run (sitdown) - after burner (sit down 2 axis movement) must be the same machine i saw thier as a kid, this one was held together with alot of duct tape - g-lock (sit down) - outrunners (sit down)- life force (big sit down thing) - enduro racer (sit down) - something GT sit down motorcycle raceing game- 4 player xmen (final fight clone)

as for the other games they had simpsons bowling - big game hunter- crusin world- rush 2040 - silent scope - teken- blitz - a skiing game - and a skate boarding game

notables - outrunners - leathal enforcers - life force (in this rotateing thing) - original frogger machine (the only place i have seen one in years) - 4 player xmen - oh yea this place still uses quaters

negatives - the games are suffering from the humidity - they are sticky, smell, and feed back features dont all work- and they are peeling -- the place also suffers from glare - making many games unplayable- also the games need some serious tuning, colors and contrast are out of wack on some games

Pros - dont have to pay a fee to get in to the park - they have food - if your tired of the arcade you can go on the rides or go swimming

i dont think its worth paying the 5$ for parking to go to this arcade - the only thing realy cool in there was that lifeforce machine
    --------------------------------------------------------

ill add more as i go to them -

apologies for the bad grammer - i was trying to blaze through this (doing this from work - small break) - i think its legible though

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice job man, being in CT I too know the pain of trying to find a decent arcade place, that isn't overrun with crap, and or non-maintained machines.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

me too i live in ct its such a pain to find one damn good arcade thanks for the info

EDIT:Yes Quassy was a dissapointment a very horible one like you said some machines had duct tape on them (one was top skater,only good game they have)
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Right off of exit 90 in Mystic Connecticut is a building that I think is called the Fun Center. Its got a carousel in it, an ice cream shop and a toy store. There's about a dozen or so arcade games in there. I don't remember all of the names but I remember that there was a TMNT game, Ms. Pacman and a few others. There's also an indoor rock climbing place in the building.

Unfortunately that's the only thing that I can think of off of the top of my head on this side of the state.

BTW, if any of the other CT residents here are everinterested in getting together some day to trade stuff let me know.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm actually in Mass but since there's no arcades here I maybe check some of these out. I live pretty close to Hartford. I've been to that one in Mystic before. I remember playing Galaga and some pinball tables there. Good ice cream too.

Right now if I want to go to a decnt arcade i've got to go about 90 miles to Hampton Beach in NH. They have two huge arcades with tons of 80's and 90's coin ops and plenty of pinball too. Almost worth wasting all that gas.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Connecticut Golfland comes to mind, on Route 30 in Vernon (in the greater hartford area, exit 64 off I-84). This used to be a great arcade but it's really gone downhill in recent years. They're running a few notable rhythm games (one of only a handful of DDR machines in the entire *state*) and a couplee fighters, but other than that it's been mostly converted to gimmicky sit-down games. Of course they also have mini-golf, go-kart racing, and a Par-3 Golf Course, but the arcade has always been the center of attention for me. There are a handful of classic cabinets in there though.

I guess I'd probably blame the downturn of the GolfLand arcade more on the general decline of arcades than anything else. It's still pretty clean and you won't find too many thugs hanging around.

My Complete Collection - Currently expanding my PS2 collection by buying up every five dollar game I see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

The FYE Arcade at the Trumbull mall isn't that large, but it has a good selection of games that are in good condition. DDR Max 2, a Beatmania machine, MvC2, Virtua cop, Virtua On and Time Crisis 3 are the most notable. It's nothing extraordinary, but if you are in the area, it might be worth checking out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlexKidd
    I'm actually in Mass but since there's no arcades here I maybe check some of these out. I live pretty close to Hartford. I've been to that one in Mystic before. I remember playing Galaga and some pinball tables there. Good ice cream too.

Right now if I want to go to a decnt arcade i've got to go about 90 miles to Hampton Beach in NH. They have two huge arcades with tons of 80's and 90's coin ops and plenty of pinball too. Almost worth wasting all that gas.
    when i was travelling to mass (to go to the Fishhook [tiny seafood (apetizer) shanty]) i could swear i passed buy a sign for a dave and busters that was on the side of a mall -- but i just looked at thier website and there is nothing in that area listed

{edit} ive been to the one in trumbull mall - i rember it being crappy

{edit} if anyone is passing through west haven CT check out that place on the post rd.

[edit] i was actualy wondering if there were people in ct on this place interested in a swap meet
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hmmm....I live in CT and would be interested in a swap meet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well so far it looks like there are 4 people (including me) interested in a swap meet

lets wait and see if more would be interested and we can organize something

edit: i will make a post in Events and gatherings about a swap meet and we'll see how many others are interested
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert