Thread: NES Arkanoid paddle controller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NES Arkanoid paddle controller

Just a small inconsistency I found in the guide:

Seeing the rarity 3 of Arkanoid and price value $10, I'm assuming the game and paddle controller are being rated as one entity. However, the description of the game refers the reader to look at the peripheral/non-game section for details on the paddle controller. I couldn't find the paddle controller in the Non-Cartridge Items section so I assume this part of the statement should be removed.

What was the thinking to combine them in the first place? As the guide points out, you can play the game without it. In the guide, the Atari 2600 Star Raiders Video Touch Pad was rated separately from the game itself and you couldn't even play the game without that specific piece. If the Arkanoid controller is combined with it's game then surely the Star Raiders controller should also be combined. Could either controller be purchased separate of it's game? For the Star Raiders controller, I don't remember ever seeing it sold separate. I'm not sure on the Arkanoid controller. Maybe whether or not the controller was sold separately should be the rule?

Ultimately, of course, this is not a big deal as it's impossible to have 100% consistent rating rules as there is always an exception to every rule when creating a database of this size. This guide is an awesome reference and I thank all those who helped put it together!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The controller has a name. It's the "Vaus" controller. Try looking for it by that name in the non-cartridge section.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"