Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F the post office(warning large pics)

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

Default F the post office(warning large pics)

As some of you know, i am big on collecting wonderswan stuff, its the only system i REALLY collect for. Today i recieved a few more games to add into my slowly but steadily growing library. but what was different is that when i saw the box they were in i cringed in horror. It was crushed in the middle like someone was trying to fold it . i knew when i'd open the box it would hae not been a pretty site.

the once prestine game boxes now looked as if they had scoliosis. mangled-to-shit. i took pictures ASAP just incase the post office wasnt willing to help me and i wanted to show the seller the damage done by our trusty postal service. the pics make me think of a friggin surveying of a car crash.

So after that i got dressed and drove off to the post office to see if they could do anything about it. granted the package wasn't insured but how the fuck do you crush a god damn box ? needless to say, i didnt get any form of reimbursement for the damages.

so now i need to contact the seller and see what we can do about it

here are the pics:

4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

HOLY CRAP. And heres me complaining about a tiny dent on a game gear box after it was jammed in the mail box.

Totally ruined, I guess you'll have to start using insurance, but the thought of a big box like that getting crushed wouldn't cross your mind.

Sorry dude.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Whatever you do, leave the seller out of it, it's not the sellers fault whatsoever that your games got crushed, he has no responsibility to replace, refund or help you in any way on this manner if you did not buy insurance.

Lesson: Buy insurance next time. Spend 1.50, save 2 games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ouch! Reminds me of the time I spent $75 on the complete VHS set of Henson's Dinosaurs and the box came completely fucked and empty. Yes empty, nothing inside. The guy actually wrote on the outside of the box what its contents were and I got ripped off.

Pac-Man (Level 10) djbeatmongrel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    djbeatmongrel

I left him out but i did send an e-mail about how they got damage like hell.
    4 Wonderswan Consoles, 98 CIB Wonderswan/Color Games
    6 Wonderswan Accessories,1 Wonderswan Prototype

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djbeatmongrel
    I left him out but i did send an e-mail about how they got damage like hell.
    Good, cause I've gotten e-mails from people that didn't buy insurance before and had the USPS fuck it up and expect a refund from me.

Nothing annoys me more than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have had so many sega cd and saturn cases crushed becasue of the post office

they just throw boxes around

have you ever gone inside a ups center - you can see the employees rolling boxes, slideing them, tossing them, sitting on them, crushing them to fit into a space they cant go into - paying for quality shipping is a joke
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah tell me about it. Back in the day I once recieved a gift certificate from Nintendo in the mail (about 3 months late) that was ripped in half and stuck in a plastic bag with a sorry note from USPS. What the hell? I could understand mangling or bending it, but a complete tear?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hehe, I'm glad the Royal Mail only has a small area to deliver to, compared to USPS. Our stuff normally gets here safe and sound.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well postoffice isn't exactly staffed with the most intelligent people. In certain area's they'r eknown for prolific drug use and inconsistancy in their service. Luckily my area is pretty ok when it comes to stuff like this.

On the other hand, UPS stuff always comes kinda crushed. Guess it depends on the area.
    Tritium (aka Mel)
    ------

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow. I guess I'm extremely lucky. None of my experiences with the post office have been negative.

In fact I've had people send stuff to the wrong address and have it arrive.

I'll be off by myself for a while, counting my blessings...
    Dude, they should have seriously put Kissinger and Nixon in their own reality/sit-com show. It would be like the odd couple.

Nixon: Is that chairman Mao on the phone?
    Kissinger: Yes, but you can't speak to him, you're too drunk right now.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Biafra Riot

One thing that bothers me is that whenever they are weighing the package the postal clerk always asks if its "fragile, liquid or perishable". If I'm shipping Sega CD or Saturn games I always say fragile. Then they stamp fragile on the box, and then he/she turns around and throws, not tosses but THROWS the box six feet into a bin of other boxes. I never understood that.

classicus carnivorous
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Digital Press
    PSN
    digitalpress

Those were my packages sent to you.

I'm not sure what it is *I* am expected to do. We take great care in packaging our stuff. Are you looking for a refund?

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I write Fragile on all of my game packages myself (especially in the case of DAMN FRAGILE PSX games), Do Not Bend for Pokemon TCG cards (yeah, I used to collect them; some of them are actually worth something), etc.
    There are intelligent people at my post office too. Any game that I can't replace for $10-20 (ex: the almost complete Valkyrie Profile -it was missing the front insert- I shipped a week ago) is insured when I send it as well.
    The OP got the bottom of the barrel of post office staff, apparently. Small PO's like the one in Corydon, KY (where I live, obviously) seem to care more.
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My two zenny:

I think saying "F the USPS" is WAY harsh. Is your box damaged? Yes. Were the items inside damaged? Yes. But come ON. I mean, it's understandable that you're upset, who wouldn't be? But how many letters, bills, packages have you received in your lifetime that were on time, early, undamaged, etc.?

The USPS has a pretty good batting average. It's not fair to call them out as a horrible organization just because you got one crunched up box.

And, like Cmosfm mentioned, if you didn't spend the $1.30 on insurance, you have nobody to blame but yourself. Chalk it up to experience and move forward. Given the massive amounts of shit the USPS takes from people on a daily basis despite an extremely good track record overall, the last thing they need is someone complaining about one box. Cut the PO a break.

Plus, at least you got your games. I once got an envelope full of important stuff that looked like it went through a shredder. The contents were missing, but I got the envelope. Despite that, I still think the PO does a great job nearly all the time. Nobody's perfect; it's unfair to expect the PO to be.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Default Not sellers fault..

Sorry to hear...

Holy Shit!!! looks to have been ran over while been processed in the post office (or regional procccessing center).
    I can't say this ones been ran over by a forklift as I've heard about,but maybe one of the personal transporter car...(looks like a golf cart)...due to the amount of damage.
    If a box falls off a stacked cart been pulled around or while put in a truck by forklift they will not stop to pick it up..if it gets ran over they don't give a shit..It's once piece in thousands of pieces of mail...It's a fast and furious process moving mail around in the bigger places..

Damaged stuff is usually due to a lazy worker who stacked to high....rushing etc..

Insurance is the only answer..

The safest boxes to ship are the Priority mail boxes...they still do have a percentage of getting ruined though but not as much as other things.(Easily Stackable)

The worst thing to ship that the Post Office hates,Is Tubes,elongated boxes...Fishing Rods are notorious for getting destroyed.
    If the item is hard to stack it's more liable to fall off a pallet,or cart...It's all about fast stacking to these guys.
    .................................................. .................................................. ......
    Inside info from Uncle who is a Supervisor in regional procccessing center/My Mother in law works as a Postal Clerk in town)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

HOLY CRAP. And heres me complaining about a tiny dent on a game gear box after it was jammed in the mail box.

Totally ruined, I guess you'll have to start using insurance, but the thought of a big box like that getting crushed wouldn't cross your mind.

Sorry dude.
    I think even if you get insurance, you have to open it in front of the mail man before theywalk away...total pain in the ass. However, someone please correct me if I'm worng.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That is bad. Very bad. I thought your game boxes were bags at first glance.

The unfortunate thing, other than your ruined boxes, is that almost every delivering service is going to foul up a package big time sooner or later. I've had packages destroyed by USPS (box was "converted" into an envelope by someone's fat ass...postman actually threw the package over my backyard fence...nice delivery), FedEX (squashed again with two nicely centered boot prints decorating the outside of the box...) and UPS (managed to get the bottom half of a huge box filled with books wet...as if they had dipped it into a kiddy pool like a donut in coffee).

I've had good luck with Airborne and DHL so far...but I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully those weren't terribly expensive games (I dunno anything about wonderswan). =(

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats terrible. Worst I think I've ever seen in such a horror story. Lukily, nothing I've ever gotten ended up too badly (crosses fingers)
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your games, but like everyone else said, insurance, insurance, INSURANCE!