Thread: Protect your games

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Protect your games

I notice that in a lot of personal collections, people have their game collections stacked up with no protection. Be aware that the constant use, flow of dust particles and risk of spillage can damage your games and labels. Take the atari 2600 and coleco type cartridges for instance. What you can do is either go about the cheap way and put each game in ziplock (doesnt look pretty but does the trick) or contact bagsunlimited.com. They have special bags that will fit perfectly over the game cartridges. They also can custom fit over any other game you may own, including nintendo, sega etc. Especially if you own any new sealed games, rare or not, it will keep the corners from getting rubbed and stuff. I've seen I lot of nice collections on this link recently. Might as well keep them that way.?
    Scotty

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do they have a video game catagory or is there a certain size that works perfectly? I have gone to head shops to look for bags that fit games, but with no luck. This could be what I have been looking for.
    GET OUT OF THE WALLS CHEATER!!!

Authordreamweavervisionar yplusactor Arcade Antics's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Protect your games

Quote Originally Posted by game_trek
    I notice that in a lot of personal collections, people have their game collections stacked up with no protection. Be aware that the constant use, flow of dust particles and risk of spillage can damage your games and labels.
    Not really. Risk of spillage? Flow of dust particles? You can run over a 2600 cart with a tank and there's a 90% chance that it will still work.

Take the atari 2600 and coleco type cartridges for instance. What you can do is either go about the cheap way and put each game in ziplock (doesnt look pretty but does the trick) or contact bagsunlimited.com. They have special bags that will fit perfectly over the game cartridges. They also can custom fit over any other game you may own, including nintendo, sega etc. Especially if you own any new sealed games, rare or not, it will keep the corners from getting rubbed and stuff. I've seen I lot of nice collections on this link recently. Might as well keep them that way.?
    I want to PLAY my games, not put them in a time capsule. I would never put my games in a ziplock bag or any other bag, it's just a waste of time and money IMO. Where does it end? Put CDs in a bag? DVDs?

Being careful is certainly highly recommended, but I just don't get the bag thing. Not my cup of tea.
    Selling collection, Atari through XBox. Send a PM with whatever games you're looking for.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, thats too much trouble. I don't have a nice rack system to display all my games, so I need to store them in my closet, but all I do is put my loose carts into Shoe Boxes and put packets of silica gel, and or Vapor Absorption Paper inside to keep moisture out. Simple. I've never had any of my games rot using this method, and I've been doing this for over 15 years now.

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My extra carts and cds right now ar eon one my bookshelves for the time being. Any boxed 2600 games first, then the few loose 2600 carts I have here at home stacked (should they be cleaned and stored?), then some my extra PSX games then genesis titles.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Protect your games

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade Antics
    Quote Originally Posted by game_trek
    I notice that in a lot of personal collections, people have their game collections stacked up with no protection. Be aware that the constant use, flow of dust particles and risk of spillage can damage your games and labels.
    Not really. Risk of spillage? Flow of dust particles? You can run over a 2600 cart with a tank and there's a 90% chance that it will still work.

Take the atari 2600 and coleco type cartridges for instance. What you can do is either go about the cheap way and put each game in ziplock (doesnt look pretty but does the trick) or contact bagsunlimited.com. They have special bags that will fit perfectly over the game cartridges. They also can custom fit over any other game you may own, including nintendo, sega etc. Especially if you own any new sealed games, rare or not, it will keep the corners from getting rubbed and stuff. I've seen I lot of nice collections on this link recently. Might as well keep them that way.?
    I want to PLAY my games, not put them in a time capsule. I would never put my games in a ziplock bag or any other bag, it's just a waste of time and money IMO. Where does it end? Put CDs in a bag? DVDs?

Being careful is certainly highly recommended, but I just don't get the bag thing. Not my cup of tea.
    I understand your comments. I guess I'm speaking more or less from a collectors point of view rather than hard core game players point of view. I like to play games also, but when I'm not playing, I think it makes perfect sense to take one extra step to safe harbor your games. Thats all.
    Scotty

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGotTheDot
    Do they have a video game catagory or is there a certain size that works perfectly? I have gone to head shops to look for bags that fit games, but with no luck. This could be what I have been looking for.

Hi! They dont have a videogame library, but they have some good options. I have been experiencing with a few different sizes so I'll give you the item#'s so you can pick out any that you wish. Just call bagsunlimited at: 1-800-767-BAGS and tell them you want to sample a few different bags: spcl2, scd64f and spcl4. They should send the samples for free. Good luck! Oh! you can probably do this over the internet, but I did it over the phone. Sometimes its better to talk with people in person.
    Scotty