Default what games u want to be ported onto the ds

tell me what 16-64 bit game you want on the ds
    vote or/and send me a message

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Radiant Silvergun.

Just because its expensive and rare and I think the DS could handle it. Ive never actually played the game. Plus the two screens could act as a unified vertical display. Just please no touch screen "features". They have their place but should not just be incorporated for the heck of it.
    Rarest games in collection: (R8) Chavez II for SNES / (R7) Star Gunner (Telesys) for Atari 2600
    Game Collection -- Game Commercials -- Favorite Game: Secret of Mana
    Wii code: 2572 7867 9177 9866 Smash: 0259-0110-4026

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any good cult RPG, with easy switching of characters, items and stuff... all via. the touch screen.

I'm thinking Earth Bound, FF VI, Chrono Trigger here.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am really against ports of older games on to new systems. I think that games should stay on their original consoles. Porting them just takes away their character. Also, I can most likely still play the originals, so why would I want them on the DS?

Also, I believe that developers should spend their time and effort on creating new, original games...

...and this tends not to happen all that much any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, "All of the above" is the obvious choice because I want to see all games ported to the DS.... But since its the obvious choice, I didn't choose it. :P
    I chose N64. I think Super Mario DS was very well done, and I wouldn't even be able to control myself if Ocarina of Time ported to it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

The hell with 16-64 bit games (and i wish you people would stop using then to refer to the generations. It's just stupid at this point.) I want good old 8-bit era tetris. Come on the game is built for the DS. The 2 screens gives you a better playing field.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think nights would look pretty good on the ds even if i dont have a ds.
    <a href="http://bunnysnoog.cyborgcow.net/index.html">
    I adopted a cute lil' death fetus
    from Fetusmart! Hooray fetus! </a>

Pac-Man (Level 10) hezeuschrist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Hezeuschrist

None. It's got some innovative features and the developers should use those instead of sitting on their ass and making a quick buck off some old games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've said it before and i'll say it again. i don't want ports at all. If I wanted to play an existing game I'd play it on the console it was originally released on. The only exceptions to me are the classic (more than one generation old)collections. Porting not so old games to a new console is just laziness IMHO

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    I've said it before and i'll say it again. i don't want ports at all. If I wanted to play an existing game I'd play it on the console it was originally released on. The only exceptions to me are the classic (more than one generation old)collections. Porting not so old games to a new console is just laziness IMHO
    What about people who missed out on the original games? Most of the old classics aren't so easy to find outside of the internet, and the really sought after ones tend to be quite expensive. It's sad that many kids today haven't even played many of the great old games and the only reason for that is that they weren't alive or old enough at the time, which isn't their fault.

Besides, being able to play great games on the go is a definite plus. Sure, many of you adults don't have a reason to play portable games since you're usually the one driving during car rides, but think of the kids.
    Y helo thar.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good point, not all kids want to go and buy a N64 to play Zelda OOT.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

16-Bit would be great. I don't like so much 3D graphics. I like most the Super Nintendo graphics. And the Adventures on the Super Nintendo were great. They should port some from them.

Or maybe with better graphic, but not so much 3D graphic games. Don't like the most from them. x_x

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SkiDragon
    Radiant Silvergun.

Just because its expensive and rare and I think the DS could handle it. Ive never actually played the game. Plus the two screens could act as a unified vertical display.
    Umm...Silvergun doesn't use a vertical aspect ratio. Yes, it's a vertical shmup, but it plays on an unflipped monitor.

Just FYI.

I agree with the "no more ports" sentiment. Personally, ports are the reason I'm not really excited about handhelds period, Nintendo's or Sony's. I'm sorry but "the classics" really aren't that difficult to find in one way or another and I'm not convinced that "kids today" really give a shit about playing a bunch of SNES or Genny games.

I'd just love to see handheld gaming actually move beyond Pokemon, licensed crap and quick buck ports. That's all.

Insert Coin (Level 0) ZeetherKID77's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Radiant Silvergun.

Just because its expensive and rare and I think the DS could handle it. Ive never actually played the game. Plus the two screens could act as a unified vertical display. Just please no touch screen "features". They have their place but should not just be incorporated for the heck of it.
    Ditto. I also want Raiden Fighters Jet or Raiden Project for DS. Or maybe Salamander
    He tried to kill me with a forklift.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Wrong
    Radiant Silvergun.

Just because its expensive and rare and I think the DS could handle it. Ive never actually played the game. Plus the two screens could act as a unified vertical display.
    Umm...Silvergun doesn't use a vertical aspect ratio. Yes, it's a vertical shmup, but it plays on an unflipped monitor.

Just FYI.

I agree with the "no more ports" sentiment. Personally, ports are the reason I'm not really excited about handhelds period, Nintendo's or Sony's. I'm sorry but "the classics" really aren't that difficult to find in one way or another and I'm not convinced that "kids today" really give a shit about playing a bunch of SNES or Genny games.

I'd just love to see handheld gaming actually move beyond Pokemon, licensed crap and quick buck ports. That's all.
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want any ported games. Many people here seem to hate the fact that many people don't understand the older generations, but when the opportunity arises for this to happen, shouldn't we jump on it? If a newer system can release something older and more people will actually play it, then isn't that a good thing. I think kids wouldnt' want to be told that "this game is the exact same game as it was on the SNES", but if we just tell them it is a good game, isn't that a good thing. I think handhelds are a very good way for people to learn about the older games. My final point of this is Tetris for the GB. This was my brothers first real addiction game, and it made both of us go and look at the older games. After just starting the "classic" gaming of our lives about 3 months ago, we have bought an Atari 2600, and Odyssey 2, a genesis, and though this isn't old school, a Dreamcast. I love, overall, to see older games rereleased, because it lets me, a kid who grew up with a PS realize what I missed.
    An emotion as such tells you nothing about reality, beyond the fact that something makes you feel something.

-- Ayn Rand, "Philosophical Detection," Philosophy: Who Needs It

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by sealboy6
    I don't understand why you wouldn't want any ported games. Many people here seem to hate the fact that many people don't understand the older generations, but when the opportunity arises for this to happen, shouldn't we jump on it? If a newer system can release something older and more people will actually play it, then isn't that a good thing. I think kids wouldnt' want to be told that "this game is the exact same game as it was on the SNES", but if we just tell them it is a good game, isn't that a good thing. I think handhelds are a very good way for people to learn about the older games. My final point of this is Tetris for the GB. This was my brothers first real addiction game, and it made both of us go and look at the older games. After just starting the "classic" gaming of our lives about 3 months ago, we have bought an Atari 2600, and Odyssey 2, a genesis, and though this isn't old school, a Dreamcast. I love, overall, to see older games rereleased, because it lets me, a kid who grew up with a PS realize what I missed.
    OK, I think I can understand why you can't see things from my point of view. You grew up with the PSX? I grew up with the 2600. And the NES. And the SMS. And the Genny. Etc., etc., etc.

For me, I'm not interested in ports because, frankly, I've been there, done that. Not only that, but I still have most of my old systems and games and what I don't own, I can emulate so anytime I want to go back there, it's a simple matter of hooking up a system or firing up the emulator.

I know not everyone has access to these things, but I find it almost impossible to believe that anyone who truly had their interest peaked in the classics won't seek these things out. And really, how difficult are these things to come by? If I'm reading your post correctly, you yourself have managed to put together a nice little retrogaming collection in a pretty short amount of time.

And maybe I'm a bit different than the average bear. I don't really care too much about passing on the classics and frankly I don't think that bothers the younger generation one bit. It's not that I'm against the idea, on the contrary, these are the games I love most of all and I wish more gamers enjoyed them. But I'd much rather see new games on new systems than see the 56th port of Pac-Man or the 17th rehashing of Super Mario or whatever.

People who are interested in this stuff are going to find it one way or another. This hobby has grown so much just in the 5 years I've been a part of it, I can't even fathom where things go from here. I guess my thing is, the past stuff is always going to be here, but I want to see something new and I think most gamers do as well.

Sorry if I'm not coming across clear, I have a girlfriend distracting me right now. Think she's feeling a bit like an Internet widow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Id love to see sega saturn games on the thing... Nights would be an amazing game on 2 screens, any good sega saturn games would be awesome

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by muffinman943
    Id love to see sega saturn games on the thing... Nights would be an amazing game on 2 screens, any good sega saturn games would be awesome
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! NO!!!!! NOOOOO!

NiGHTS into Dreams is a fabulous game. It is a bewitching game. It is a magical game. It has charm. It has grace. It has personality (something lacking in most releases nowadays). Part of the magic of NiGHTS is that it is on the Saturn. The Saturn is part of the NiGHTS, just as much as NiGHTS is part of the Saturn. I can't even think about separating the two.

Now, maybe I'm being selfish, and probably a bit nostalgic, but I sincerely hope that Sonic Team thinks twice before shattering the bond between the Sega Saturn and NiGHTS.

(oh, and two screens would really do nothing for the game. I am very bothered by the divide between the screens whilst playing games that actively use both to create a continuous display)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think they're doing pretty good just by porting n64 games to it, the 8-bit and 16-bit ones are good on GBASP. i love playing xevious on my GBA, but i rally wish some of the SNES games would get ported to GBA, i know it could handle it.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default One game I wanna see in DS

Um, what about the Game and Watch series? It has the two screens.