Thread: suggestion for CGE auction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default suggestion for CGE auction

I assume there is going to be an auction this year and I have a suggestion. All of the items for auction should be submitted several hours before the auction so they can be viewed before the auction starts. Last year people had to walk up to look at the item while it was being auctioned.
    y-bot

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

I could've sworn there was a table outside the room that had auction stuff displayed on it. Or am I hallucinating again? :/

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines
    I could've sworn there was a table outside the room that had auction stuff displayed on it. Or am I hallucinating again? :/

Kristine
    I think there was, but I also think that most of the stuff wasn't entered until right before the auction, so we didn't get to check it out. Though I could be wrong...my memory sucks

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Of The Felines

Kristine
    I never saw it, but always wanted one. I like the idea, and second it. But they could either profit from this or lose from it...

People could be like "There is nothing else I like in the auction, so I might as well keep going and win this"
    Or people could say " I really like 2 other items, so I shouldn't bid to high on this one"
    Somebody make me a "CGE 2k7 Attendee banner" so I don't have to use this lame text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think there was a table outside the trade room that was supposed to be for viewing but it quickly got piled up. A "regular" auction usually has a preview hours or days before so you can thoroughly check out the items. I would have bid on way more stuff if I new what condition it was in.
    y-bot

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by y-bot
    I think there was a table outside the trade room that was supposed to be for viewing but it quickly got piled up. A "regular" auction usually has a preview hours or days before so you can thoroughly check out the items. I would have bid on way more stuff if I new what condition it was in.
    y-bot
    I think that in this case it would be extremely difficult to do because it seemed people were still entering stuff to sell minutes before the auction began (if i remember correctly frank "TRE" was entering a snow bros protos saying that he had to get rid of it to buy dinner and that was just before we went in sit down at the auction). I'm not saying that it is a bad idea, in fact i think it would be a great idea if there was a little more organization prior to the auction.

It'd be spectacular to know what was in the mix so I didn't blow my money on something and find out later that there was something else I would have rather had.

-Josh

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

There was a table of sorts, but there were so many people adding stuff at the end along with the people crushing around the little table that it was kinda difficult to look at stuff. I know, I was all hot to see that Portable PlayStation and was watching the carnage around me (not that it wasnt organized chaos or anything) but leaving this stuff out on a table means that someone has to be there to watch it becuase I KNOW that with alot of the stuff that was at last years there was no way that it would just get to sit there on a table.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog