On SNES back in the 90s I know I took down the game around 7 times, and 2 of those I got it, and just the first one is when I really went for it. I don't remember how many fights, but I know I probably put an hour towards it, and as stated, it's not worthy of bothering with at all. The boost won't save you, it's minimal. I've always under level finished this game compared to what guides and people would say you should be against Zeromus/Zemus at the end. I tended to like to run through much of the dungeons and find save spots and just hunker down on/around them and raise levels as it was faster than the overworld. Usually in the game I'd stick near it, but made the choice to do the leveling over in that pink puff area and it eventually popped up. It wasn't so much of a harassment or annoyance as most things would be like that as I was just XP collecting to raise levels. But given the large walk/flight back, the added chit chat and things to get the mineral and that into armor is just a waste of time. Given the rarity it should have had some special abilities and some pretty much higher DEF rating and it didn't so I never actively tried for it again.