Thread: Getting Stickers off NES games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Default Getting Stickers off NES games

How should i go about getting the price stickers on some of my nes games. I want to get them off with no residue and without having the label on the game damaging.

Pear (Level 6) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Usally when i want to get stickers off something i use WD40. What you do is spray a little (and i mean a little or you will have a oil nightmare or ruin the game) on the sticker itself let it soak for about 15-20 seconds and start scratching it off with your finger nails and it works perfectly, but it has been known to fade the logo alittle but not to the point were it completely destroys the label. If the sticker is on the label be very carefull in doing this because it may decide to sink into the other sticker (label) as well but usally the labels are really tuff stickers. And when your done be sure to wipe off as much of the oil as you can and let it dry for about 15-20 Minutes. Hope this helps.
    "...leave love bleeding, in my hands, in my hands again..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Vectorman0
    PSN
    Vectorman0

Goo Gone is milder, so there is less of a risk of label damage, and it is quite effective. I would use this before WD40. After letting a good amount of goo gone soak in, pull of the label. And apply more goo gone on the residue and you should be able to get it all of rather quickly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with the goo gone its real effective with removing all of the adhesive. also you can use alchohol saturate the Price label and you will notice it getting wet let it soak all the way through and then peel the label i have only a couple instances where the GooGone or Alcohol have bleached the label also the Alcohol will work good while being really careful on the rear label when it has some nics and rips in it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree also. Just make sure you don't gets ants in your pants and pull the sticker off to early, or you will have a residue mess of old sticker that will not come off. It will just spread around more and look like gum. The sticker will pull right off with no problems if you make sure the goo gone is soaked in. The sticker will look like a paper bag that had some greasy food in it. Kinda transparent. If the sticker is on the nes label, be very carefull and spread the goo on with your finger. Make sure you get the gel style goo gone, not the spray.
    Currently looking to trade for Magical Chase any version, and especially Dynastic Hero USA version. I have Samurai Shodown V Special MVS, lots of other MVS titles, and tons of games. Check out my profile over at http://gametz.com/user/greedostick.html if you are looking to get rid of one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How come no one ever suggests "heat"? I find most labels come off pretty easily with just being heated up from a hair dryer (You have to be very careful with CDs though). Use tweezers to gently pull away the label as you heat it up with a hair dryer (high heat is better; but low works sometimes as well).

After that.. I use a tiny bit of "Orange Waterless" on a Q-tip to remove any leftover gum residue; and finish off the clean up with an isopropyl alcohol pad (the kind diabetics use [1 inch squares in foil packs] to prep injection sites).

I've removed hundreds of labels over the years using this method. The hardest ones of course.. are the metal foil "VOID" stickers left on by old video game rental stores.. but heat and patience will remove most of these pretty well and the Orange Waterless makes quick work of the metallic gum residue left behind.

I've got dozens of former rentals.. some were literally covered with stickers.. that you can't even tell were rentals anymore.

The heat method also works very well with stickers on cardboard boxes and manuals; but don't use the OW on them unless you're VERY careful.

Orange Waterless rarely damages a label if you're quick and don't let it soak into the paper, but I always do a teeny tiny spot test somewhere on the label first, to be sure. The inks used on cart labels varies from manufacturer to manufacturer.
    "Kooch56.. you is a MEAN man!"
    My DP feedback
    "Take us to the THRESHOLD!"