4 11.43%
  • Bart

15 42.86%
  • Lisa

3 8.57%
  • Never Played it!!

4 11.43%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simpsons Video Games! (56k warning)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only classic Simpsons game I've played is 'Bart vs. The Space Mutants', it was enjoyable (for the age i was at), but quite tough, but the Simpsons newer games 'Road Rage', 'Hit and Run' ect. are not ... lets say ... "masterpieces"

Muzer
    ...Muzer 2005...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah the Arcade game is fantatsic. I agree with Muze-Boy that the recent Simpsons releases werent too good. I suppose Road Rage was a fun Crazy-Taxi clone and Hit & Run was fun for a while but, Simpsons Skateboarding has to be quite possibly one of the worst games of all time.

I enjoyed Bart VS The Space Mutants too. The Mega Drive version was pretty tough. I was never a fan of Krustys Fun House though.

Anyway, thats my two cents..

Joe.
    Xbox Live Tag - GunstarHeroUK

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Bart vs. the Space Mutants was probably the only game I ever actaully purchased for the NES that I was massively disappointed in. It was just an excercise in frustration. I think I made it to level 3 once in all these years, and died very shortly thereafter.

I remember renting Bart vs. the World when I was a kid and somehow beating it in one sitting. Tried it again more recently and had not nearly as much success

Even though they get trashed a bit, I do like Road Rage and Hit and Run. Not great games, but I have fun with them

And the Simpsons Arcade game was awesome, I usually played with Homer. Many many quarters were sucked up by that thing.

ETA: I forgot I also owned Escape from Camp Deadly. That game was the pits.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Isn't there a non-Simpsons version of Krusty's Fun House as well? I can't remember what it was called though.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still like Virtual Bart the best out of the console games.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KJN
    Isn't there a non-Simpsons version of Krusty's Fun House as well? I can't remember what it was called though.
    Found it, it was called Rat Trap.

I remember seeing this first and then thinking "hey, did they just take this game and changed a few sprites" when I saw Krusty's Super Fun House. That was of course exactly what happened:

From Hall of Light: "Rat Trap was going to be a full commercial release by Audiogenic, then Acclaim got the licence for 'Krusty's Super Fun House', and basically "bought" Rat Trap from Audiogenic, changed the character, changed the name: new game."

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KJN
    Non-Simpsons version? Krusty is in "The Simpsons" But if you mean a version who doesnt starr Bart, Homer, Lisa, Marge (and maggie?) I dont know. Doubt it, havnt heard anything like that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Bart vs the World was really fun, I always thought. The cream of the Simpsons console crop. Bart's Nightmare was good, too, and the Krusty Fun House games were decent enough puzzlers, but everything else was pretty weak.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

Bart Vs. the Space Mutants was pretty fun to play as a kid, though since I was a huge Simpsons fan, I was probably pretty biased. I'll have to pop it in one of these days to play. The arcade version was fun and some wimsical elements to it (like the show) but was very similar to most of the 4-player coin ops that came out at the same time. I still haven't had a chance to play Hit and Run but that is a game that I do want to get for my Cube as soon as I can find a good price on it (I hate paying more than $20 for my games anymore).

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It amazes me that Konami never ported the arcade game like they did for TMNT 2. Maybe it was because of licensing. I am not sure. Coulda made a lot of cash given the quality of the game, and the popularity of the Simpsons at the time.

Side note. Anyone ecer play Bart vs. the Space mutants for Sega Game Gear? I swear it's harder than the NES version IMHO....

-Chris
    #vbender

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I always used Bart, but Marge was funny wacking enemies with her vacuum cleaner!

I had the first 2 Simpsons games as a kid. They were fun but the challenege was a bit high with cheap deaths and trying to make certain jumps over gaps and all. I did like some the mini games to win more lives though.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Summer Soldier

The Simpsons arcade game is the first arcade game I ever beat. I beat it back at Chuck E. Cheese back when I was a youngin. That arcade game has become my personal holy grail.

For consoles, I have many fond memories of Virtual Bart. I was young too, but we used to play it at my cousin's camp for hours.
    In a land beyond sight...

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grandamchandler
    It amazes me that Konami never ported the arcade game like they did for TMNT 2. Maybe it was because of licensing. I am not sure. Coulda made a lot of cash given the quality of the game, and the popularity of the Simpsons at the time.
    True. The arcade game did get a few conversions though, there is a C64 version and a PC version that I know of. They were only released in the US though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I rather liked Bart vs the Space Mutants. I had it for my trusty Spectrum and later for the Mega Drive. There were lots of secret ways of getting extra lives etc but no actual cheats for the game if I remember rightly. After a few levels, the game becomes insanely difficult. Fun for a while though.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hit and run is fun and all but the 8-bit NES ones are the ones that come to mind for me as soon as "Simpsons" is mentioned in relation to video games. Maybe cause thats what I had in my youth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I do actually own Escape for Camp Deadly for Game Boy, and played the heck out of it when I was younger. Not a masterpiece, but it's competently done.

I've heard some people fondly reminiscing about Bart vs The Juggernauts before, though. (Another Game Boy Game, that one.)
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the arcade game was the best until Hit & Run came out. That and X-Men used to just eat quarters. I think the problem with the NES games was lack of understanding about that new show "The Simpsons." It use to be all Bart but the real comedy was with Homer and later the entire town. The arcade game follows many characters of the town. Even though Bart was eating shorts at the time, for big laughs, the game is centered in the Simpsons universe making it a game that aged well.
    Fear your thoughts because they become your words
    Fear your words because they become your actions
    Fear your actions because they become your habits
    Fear your habits because they become your character
    Fear your character because it becomes your destiny

Therefore: Thinking and nurturing positive thoughts, at any point in your life, can change your destiny.