Thread: Questions regarding Nintendo Gameboy DS

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Questions regarding Nintendo Gameboy DS

Hello, I am considering purchasing a used Gameboy DS, but I have very little knowledge about the device other than the fact that it uses a dual screen and stylus pen. I don't own anything newer than a Genesis or SNES, as I am mainly an 80's and early 90's gamer.. the only other thing I have is a Gameboy SP and I have 2 games for it: Warioware and Warioware Twisted. Those games are more than enough gaming fun for me, as I play them almost daily and truly enjoy the Warioware series so far.

OK, so on to my specific questions:

1) Is Warioware Touched a good game? And when I ask that, I know that it involves a stylus and is a bit different from the originals on GBA. Additionally, how many challenges/mini-games does it have and are there any bonus games that can be found in it?

2) Is Sprung a good game? Please compare it to a similar title.. From pictures, it seems similar to Deja Vu on NES or Rise Of The Dragon for Sega CD. Please compare and contrast.

3) Is Feel The Magic XY/XX a good game? I keep trying to find pictures and reviews and I am only getting vague info. on the game. It looks very cool and like it would be a lot of fun with all of its mini-games. How many mini-games does it have? Is it a fun game to play over and over, or is it a one-time and then it gets boring game?

4) Is Gameboy DS compatible with GBA games? Meaning, can I play my Gameboy Advance carts on a Gameboy DS?

and my final question...

5) If I owned a GBA and a DS, can I connect the two to play a multiplayer game? Of course, I mean a multiplayer GBAdvance game, not DS game, as I know DS games won't work with GBAdvance.. So can I connect my SP to a DS and play Warioware (GBA) multiplayer?

Thank you, and remember, I have very little knowledge on this system!!

-John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know about your first 2 questions. As for number 3, Feel the Magic is a nice fun game, it's not gonna eat up lots of time it's quite short but has a bit of replay value. The DS is compatible with GBA games, though I've heard it's a bit akward playing games involving the tilt sensor such as Warioware: Twisted, and Yoshi: Topsy-Turvy. Finally, no you cannot connect your GBA and DS for multiplayer.

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The answer to your first question:

Wario Ware is a good game. It has 180 mini games, but does not have any that are hidden or at least I have not found any. It does however have a toy room. After completing certain stages a certain number of times you get a toy you can play with. Most of the toys involve the use of the microphone or stylus. Like a parrot that repeats what you say in a parrot vocie.
    All my meseta if you can guess what CMTZ stands for.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: Questions regarding Nintendo Gameboy DS

I absolutely love my DS, I'd recommend getting one. as for your questions....

1) yes. I consider it a must have even though I don't have it yet, but I've played enough to know that I need it

2) not sure

3) it was a good game and fun to play, but the replay-ability is a bit to be desired

4) yes, you can play Game Boy Advance games but NOT Gameboy, or Gameboy color.

5) sadly, you can not use the ds for GBA muliplayer action. you'll have to hang onto you gba or sp for this feature.

I hope that helps some.....
    Keep It Stinky, Baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i liked sprung

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First, please permit me a moment of rabid fan-boyism, as I point out that the Nintendo DS is in no way related (according to Nintendo) to the "GameBoy" line of products. Apparently, they are somehow seperate.

Despite this claim, the DS will play GBA games. But not any older Game Boy games.

Wario Ware Touched is a great game. If you like Wario Ware, I predict you will like "Touched." more of what I think about "Touched" click http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/...7?in_archive=1

I thought "Sprung" was a terrible game. It was WAY worse than "Feel the Magic." for more of my thoughts on "Sprung," click http://www.dailynebraskan.com/vnews/...1?in_archive=1

You can't connect a DS to a GBA, and I'm pretty sure that multiplayer GBA games won't function over the DS wireless connection either.[/url]

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suckerpunch5
    Despite this claim, the DS will play GBA games. But not any older Game Boy games.
    You can't connect a DS to a GBA, and I'm pretty sure that multiplayer GBA games won't function over the DS wireless connection either.[/url]
    Tell me about it. ARGH. Well I guess I'll have to get a nice GBA SP, but a friend of mine told me that in some cases with the backlit on, white turns to light blue...

As for the latter part, nope, the DS manual itself says clearly that the DS was developed to play single GBA games ONLY. Sorry, no multiplayer GBA games EVER.

And yup, DS is NOT a part of the Gameboy "family". It's more like the bastard nephew at that
    ...No more, it's over, I'm on to you and your evil games...

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I enjoy both Wario Ware and Sprung. In fact, when I got a used DS last month, those were the ONLY two games I bought for the system.

Wario Ware is basicaly like the GBA/GC versions, except it supports the touch screen.

Sprung is a very fun and well written dating sim. If you like that kind of game, you'll love this. It's VERY well written, has good drawings, and two different storylines. Plus it helps I got a new copy from EB for $10.

I have tried Feel the Magic on another DS and I thought, while interesting, it just does'nt have much replay value to it and gets old fast.

GBA games work on the DS and they look even BETTER then on the GBA SP.

And no, you can't do multiplay on the DS with a GBA. Only with another DS. (I think, though, you could connect the DS to the GameCube somehow and interface with a GBA someway.....)
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion