View Poll Results: Which "major" system of the 1990 SUCKS?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going to have to say Super Nintendo

5 1.79%
  • I'm going to have to say Sega Genesis

0 0%
  • I'm going with 3DO

56 20.00%
  • I'm gonna have to say Neo-Geo/Neo Geo CD

3 1.07%
  • I have to put my vote on the Sega 32X

54 19.29%
  • No question, I have to go with Atari Jaguar

79 28.21%
  • Sega CD sucked big time. That's my pick.

15 5.36%
  • The TurboDuo was lame. Hu cards and CD's sucked

5 1.79%
  • The Sega Saturn was a total freaking dud. Admit it!

6 2.14%
  • Playstation, Gaystation, that system sucked. I don't care what anybody says!

23 8.21%
  • The Nintendo 64 was an abomination to gaming! Yuck!

32 11.43%
  • Sega Dreamcast deserved to die a painfull death, and should have died sooner!

2 0.71%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Worst "Major" Game System of the 1990's!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    People feel that Sega internally knew it was just a "stop gap" product, but if that was really the case, wouldn't they know that all the owners of said "stop gap" product would become very upset with Sega and maybe wouldn't buy their next system.

Which is basically what happened.
    The 32X was not a stop-gap product, and was fully intended to be a viable, inexpensive alternative to the Saturn. The internal bickering between SOA and SOJ is mainly what did it in.

As for the 3DO, you basically proved my point about how almost every decent game for the system has been ported elsewhere, and often better. And to say that the 32X doesn't have a single game worth owning leads me to believe that you may not have owned yours too long.

- Shadow Squadron
    - Spider-Man: Web of Fire
    - Tempo
    - Star Wars Arcade
    - Kolibri
    - Zaxxon Motherbase 2000
    - Virtua Racing
    - Space Harrier
    - Afterburner
    - Blackthorne

All but the last few of those are exclusives and worth getting. In fact, Spider-Man is the only title that will cost you any significant amount of coin, and that makes the add-on very easy to own and collect for. Also, do keep in mind that you're comparing a full-blown console- made by one of the biggest electronics manufacturers in the world- to an add-on for a system in its twilight years.

Look, I'm not saying the 3DO sucks or anything. I'm merely pointing out that the 32X is worth owning if you're a Genny fan or want another inexpensive console(?) to own.

Hmm, looking at it again, it seems that the amount of the 3DO's library that was ported may be a blessing in disguise. That would make it more like the 32X in that there are fewer exclusives, thereby making it easier and cheaper to own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    XianXi

Quote Originally Posted by cr0n0
    Jaguar all the way, no doubt about it. The only game I liked was alien vs. predator. I actually laughed when a CD add-on was released.
    Exactly. The Jaguar's graphics weren't even close to what they were supposed to be, it looked like an 8 bit system.

Remember the infomercials? Be a part of Gaming history......Hahaha
    http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/
    Pandora/Blue Elf Adapters, Kick Harness Adapters, Custom CMVS Units, Neo Geo DIY Guides, Arcade PCBs, Neo Geo mods and more!!
    Jamma Nation X Videos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the Saturn, Sega CD and 3D0 all sucked. This goes with my hatred of games on discs though, so I guess I'm a little biased.
    I didn't vote though, cause they all sucked equally.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    I think the Saturn, Sega CD and 3D0 all sucked. This goes with my hatred of games on discs though, so I guess I'm a little biased.

Saturn and sucked should never be in the same sentence, unless the sentence was.....

The Sega Saturn is one system that sure as hell doesn't suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You know, I just don’t get the Saturn thing. What really great titles were released in the US? I know this system saw some real action in Japan but it seemed like a miserable failure over here. I don’t own one and every time I’ve given some thought to getting one, I can’t even name 10 games I that I would want.

These are the words of a fanboy either. I like all game systems and try not to discriminate against any one, just look at my other posts, I’m just as brutal with the N64.

Take a hike, wang-broom!
    I swear I can smell your stinky hands from here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

I know its not on the list but the R-Zone gets my vote. Why would you want to put on this gay little headband on your head,stare into the screen and think you look cool playing it. Now name one decent game for the R-Zone...
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yea its funny how he has Gaystation next to playstaion and doesn't writes anything like that on other consoles...

Gaystation lol... not as good as gaycube though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.

Saturn and sucked should never be in the same sentence, unless the sentence was.....

AGREED the Saturn was a 2-D gamers wet dream and a competent 3-D system with the right developers >SONIC TEAM<

Also to jumpman jr. no disrespect man but youve got to get over this whole "hatred of dics games" thing and stop depriving yourself of all the great games that are out there becuase you hate Sony and Microsoft so much.
    I know that you try not to be a fanboy but its clear that you are a Nintendo fanboy through and through and cartridge systems have been obsolete since before the release of the N64.

Nintendo tried to make the argument about the whole cartridge vs. CD thing back when the N64 was announced and everyone knew both gamers and especially developers that CD based systems were the way to go cartridges were just to restricting and that was over 10 freaking years ago to try to talk shit on a good system like the Saturn because it was CD based is lame and face it the N64 was not a great system and only a good system ( and im being nice in stating that) because of Nintendo and rare bottom line.

The Sega Saturn is one system that sure as hell doesn't suck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bromhidrosis

Quote Originally Posted by nebrazca78
    So basically, if you take out the games that were released as better versions on other systems, the 32X had 5 worthwhile games: </snip>
    Where's this supposedly superior version of Space Harrier circa 1994? No, seriously. I love the game so much that I honestly want to know. It certainly wasn't the arcade version. The Saturn Sega Ages version didn't come out until the 32X was already dead, so that doesn't really count, nor does the version in Shenmue.
    The first version I played that was better than the 32X version was the Japanese Sega Ages release. Me, my brother and our friends were eating mushrooms on the 4th of July 2005 and we broke out Space Harrier. This game is absolutely nuts when you're tripping. When you get to level 3 and you've never seen it before, and your trippin' balls, it's pretty crazy. The fugged up part is that the cops showed up while we were playing because someone robbed the convenience store where I worked at the time. The only thing crazier than playing Space Harrier while tripping is sitting in the MFing police station answering questions. I was so scared I was going to get arrested because we had set off a quarter-stick a bit earlier and had totally freaked out the Mexicans across the street. The cops did a DNA test on me because they guy who robbed the place had cut himself and I was exonerated. That was an effed up night. So anyway the Jap version of Space Harrier should count and I don't know why the U.S. Sega Ages version shouldn't count either. The 32X port is good if you don't have a Saturn, but who has a 32X but no Saturn? And where are their priorities?

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 32x version of "Space Harrier" allows me to play the game with any of my already purchased Genesis arcade sticks where if i buy the AGES version i'll have to go buy yet another controller.

But thats just my opinion.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Push Upstairs
    The 32x version of "Space Harrier" allows me to play the game with any of my already purchased Genesis arcade sticks where if i buy the AGES version i'll have to go buy yet another controller.

But thats just my opinion.
    Be that as it may, if there was no 32X, that would've given 32X adopters an extra $150 (at least) to spend on controllers and games in 1995. Undoubtedly the few games for 32X that were not released on other systems in better versions (Blackthorne, Spider-man, Kolibri, World Series Baseball) would have been released for the Saturn had the 32X not existed (probably in even better versions). Please don't mention WSB for the Saturn, it's an Ok game but can't touch the Genesis/32X versions.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can't honestly vote on one particular console that sucked in the 90's, but I can say these three are on my hit list for the "you suck" pile, and yet I still own them.

The top winner/loser would be the Playstation. Let's start off with the fact that it helped introduce souless corporate gaming to the industry. It was also technically inferior to the Saturn, and you can see that when you compair games side by side like Mega Man 8 and Mega Man X4. When i think of fun and the PS the only thing special that comes to my mind is Spyro. Yes it has some nice RPG's but I have nice RPG's on other consoles as well. I'm also still a bit cheesed that I've taken excellent care of my PS and yet the laser is out of alignment.

The number 2 spot is a tough one to fill, but I'm going to give it to the Dreamcast. The Saturn was a huge rush of excitement for me, and I was expecting the same from the Dreamcast. Let's start off by asking Sega, Where is Nights 2? I've already given up hope on ever seeing that game, but back in the DC days I really believed it would happen. The DC's games in general never excited me. Sonic Adventure was bad, but Sonic Adventure 2 was even worse.

Number 3 goes to the N64. It's another case of coming down from a rush. the SNES was another awesome system and it got followed up by something that I felt was lackluster. No special game comes to mind when I think of the N64.
    My collection | [url=http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53486&highlight=ulticron[/url]

somewhere between the past and the future
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ulticron
    Let's start off with the fact that it helped introduce souless corporate gaming to the industry.

Right....i forget nobody wanted to make game systems to make money before Sony showed up.

Possibility is infinity! You must be satisfied!

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces. -The Sizz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...or that Nintendo spent the 80s and 90s being oh-so-friendly to their 3rd party licensees with those extra generous contract stipulations and fees!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The winner of this poll:

78 votes

personally I would rather play Tempest2000 and Alien vs. Predator anyday than 90% of the games on the N64 (I never want to be exposed to that horrid controller again ) or 32X but hey thats just me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The 32X gets my vote, though the Jaguar comes close. Both have barely any worthwhile games and both are significantly underpowered.

But at least the Jaguar had the balls to be a fully fledged console. The 32X is an overcomplicated, unreliable piece of crap.