Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

O.o

Did I just get a one off or are the reissues slightly different packaging wise then the originals? There's something funky going on with the spine on my case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

With the big influx of second runs on eBay now is the time to grab 1st run copies of this game sealed on ebay.

http://<br /> http://cgi.ebay.com/w...:80/8210782982

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think it's all a load of BS if you ask me.

If it were indeed a reissue, then why keep it so quiet? Huh? The Atlus site and various other major sites would have been notified and it would be plastered all over the web.

Secondly, even if they were reissued, they would still need the white label on the top as this acts as a CoA (Certificate of Autentication) - To sell a brand new game without it indicates that they are not actually licenced games...

I also hear that Sony Of America didn't permit Atlus to do such a thing, hence why they don't have the white CoA's.

If you want my honest opinion, I would say there is someone out there reprinting these illegally (Pirating basically), but using actual proper equipment to do so.

Even if they were printed in the same way, using the very same machines as the originals were, it doesn't make it a proper copy...

Obviously the first prints will take a hit (As many games do when Greatest Hit's games come out), but anyone with any sense will sell the first print games and state that they do in fact have the white CoA labels. Especially if they are sealed versions.

I'm content that I already have a factory sealed Persona II, although this does now mean I will have to be very careful when I do finally get around to buying a brand new copy of Rhapsody...

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

I doubt that they're bootlegs, actually I think PapaStu has the right idea with his theory that they're resealed non-defective returns. Afterall ATLUS would sooner admit to doing a reprint then to reselling seeming defective stock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

Quote Originally Posted by sulmona
    what about someone saying a distributor had them, or was he full of crap
    NO..he wasn't full of crap. He owns video game stores and is an excellent dude with a collection that put many of our to shame.

Anyways, I bit the bullet and ordered one. The company "Game Quest" is pretty reputable and seems to have a knack for discovering these things. As someone else stated, they did have boxes of Resident Evil 2 & 3's for the Gamecube a few months back.

The owner is named Kevin Bokai and I personally think he is an alright guy, but he used to have stores everywhere and many of them went out of business quickly. He ordered too MANY games at once for each of his stores and when they went out of business he put those games in storage.

I CANNOT say what the status of these two games is. BUT, I can say that my cousin (another member here: worldofgames) used to work for him and this guy ordered like 64 copies (or more) of Suikoden 2, Monster Rancher 2, Fighter Maker, etc... and discounted them down to $20 WAY before Suikoden 2 was valuable.

I just think he didn't know what to order and orders too many games all in one fell swoop, then gets stuck with them.

Another thing CAG members are weird...has ANYONE here actually called Atlus and confirmed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Prices still dropping!

Did they release some more?

As far as I could tell... the prices for these two games bottomed around $40 or so. Some at $37, some at $43... but then they started to go up, and both of them passed back above the $50 mark.

That was a week ago, and just today I checked again and they plummeted down to $30!

Bleh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Did they release some more?

As far as I could tell... the prices for these two games bottomed around $40 or so. Some at $37, some at $43... but then they started to go up, and both of them passed back above the $50 mark.

That was a week ago, and just today I checked again and they plummeted down to $30!

Bleh
    Well....

sulmona said:
    what about someone saying a distributor had them, or was he full of crap

NO..he wasn't full of crap.
    Guess he wasn't.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Wow, I never knew this thread existed. I never go into the buying and selling area.

And to THINK I bought Persona 2 new, did'nt like it, and gave it to a friend. :/

So, what's new with this? Anyone have any new information? Does anyone have any links to sites that are still selling these 'reprint sealed' copies of the two games?
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I stopped into a Gamestop and they had Persona 2 there unsealed for $39. I see sealed Rhapsody's at Overstock auctions for $36. Looks like there's going to be quite a few of these made available.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My local Gamestop had three copies of Rhapsody available. They weren't sealed but in brand spanking new condition. They were asking $39.99 each for them and I picked one up. I didn't see any copies of Persona though.

Looks to me as if GameQuestDirect wasn't the only one to receive new stock of these games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Griking
    My local Gamestop had three copies of Rhapsody available. They weren't sealed but in brand spanking new condition. They were asking $39.99 each for them and I picked one up. I didn't see any copies of Persona though.

Looks to me as if GameQuestDirect wasn't the only one to receive new stock of these games.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Every time I've gone into a Gamestop store, I *ALWAYS* see at least 1 copy of Rhapsody and Persona 2 now. Persona 2 is only $29.99 there though.

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah I have to concur with everyone, I stepped into a Gamestop two days ago for the first time in a while and they had one of each pretty much new but not sealed. Its making me think they were told by management to open them and sell them as used because they'll go quicker that way. And I know for a fact they've done that with alot of the budget PS1 titles they couldn't move in the past couple of years (with kiddie games, budget sports, and puzzle games).
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

I wasn't sure if I had posted this yet, but anyways...I already got my Rhapsody from Game Quest. I ordered it around 3 months ago and got it in just a few days. I really don't care if it is a re-release, I was one of those people who just couldn't find it in the wild and was about to pay $100 plus for it.

I am happy and enjoying my very own musical RPG

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is what really pisses me off about Ebay, these people get like 10 "They never sent me my games, I'm filing a claim" feedbacks in a row and they're still in business. I don't get it.
    Ebay blows.
    Mark