Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Won item, now seller claims he didn't mean to list it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Won item, now seller claims he didn't mean to list it.

I won this Super Mario World sign today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

About 3 hours after I won, the guy refunds my money and emails me, saying he didn't mean to list this particular item and that it was all a big mistake. Here's the email he sent me:

Sorry, but I made an error in listing this. The wrong item was listed. Sorry for
    any troubles, I will still leave positive feedback for you if you'll do the same
    for me

What should I do? I really want this item...and it doesn't look to me at all like he accidently listed it. I think he didn't get nearly as much money as he thought he would and now he's trying to call the whole thing off. Any suggestions about what I should do? I've never had a seller back out of an auction on me before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What a fucker! That's clearly not a listing mistake.
    Just wait till he gives you a positive feedback and then give him a negative one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roi
    What a fucker! That's clearly not a listing mistake.
    Just wait till he gives you a positive feedback and then give him a negative one!
    What he said ^

Crono (Level 14)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yep, not a listing mistake. He either didnt get as much money as he wanted as you mentioned or someone offered him more after the auction ended (this have happend to me when I won an auction).
    Not much you can do, except leaving negative
    Maybe contacting ebay too, but I guess they cant do much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The guy is obviously lying to you. How could he say he listed the wrong item after putting it on Ebay along with a pic and a detailed description?

What probably happened is that someone saw the listing after it ended and offered the seller more than what you bid. Either way, the seller is an asshole and tell him you'll report him to Ebay if he doesn't ship you your item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, he left me postive feedback already. So, at LEAST I won't have to worry about him retaliating with a negative comment after I leave him a negative.

I emailed him and told him I'll leave negative feedback and report him to ebay if he doesn't go through with the transaction. I'm hoping he will take that seriously, since he has over 300 positive feedbacks and not a single negative.

(EDIT)I just received an email from him. Here's what he had to say:

I refunded your money, I'm trying to be a decent person. When I say it was listed on accident, it's because I'm listing things for my parents and this wasn't supposed to be listed. I already gave you a positive to top it off.
    Thanks
    JB

For his parents?? Does this look like something his parents would own? This guy is so full of BS. I know he refunded my money...so I'm not getting ripped off. But, I really wanted that sign...especially because one just like it sold for over $100 a few weeks ago...which is most likely why he doesn't want to sell it to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VG_Maniac
    I'm hoping he will take that seriously, since he has over 300 positive feedbacks and not a single negative.
    Actually he has 5 negatives, just none in the past year.

Part of me says forget about it and give the guy a break. The other half agrees that he's just going to turn around and sell it to a higher bidder.

Perhaps hold onto the feedback and monitor his auctions for the next few weeks. If you see it up for sale again the neg him. Of course he can always sell it on the side and you'd never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's against eBays rules, but I doubt they'll do anything. This happened to me a few months ago. I did a BIN auction and before I even had a chance to pay they had relisted the same item and sent me an email telling me they did so. I just let it go since it wasn't worth the hassle.
    What have you done America?

Strawberry (Level 2) ChronoTriggaFoo's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I sent him the following message to see if he's BSing you my friend:

"If the Super Nintendo Mario/Yoshi sign becomes available, I'll buy it off of you for $100 + shipping. Just let me know.

Thank you ^_^
    Alex"

I'll update with any response he may have.
    ***If you have any Transformers toys or Three Investigators books, let me know.***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoTriggaFoo
    Well I sent him the following message to see if he's BSing you my friend:

"If the Super Nintendo Mario/Yoshi sign becomes available, I'll buy it off of you for $100 + shipping. Just let me know.

Thank you ^_^
    Alex"

I'll update with any response he may have.
    Good call here ^

VG_Maniac: If he doesn't want to sell you the sign, you should be more than happy to give him his first negative of the year. It would be well deserved....what a jackass seller!

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just leave him negative feedback and file a seller non-performance complaint with ebay.

no use really trying to get the item because he's not going to send it, or he'll send an empty box, or break the sign and send it, or something else shady.

he is too stupid to know how to use spellcheck though as he even puts "(spelling?)" next to a word in his auction, so maybe he is just an idiot and accidentally listed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow I'm shocked it went for so low. It wasn't in great condition but 10 dollars woulda been a steal. I payed close to 100 for a mint condition one... he must've been expecting around that much.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    Wow I'm shocked it went for so low. It wasn't in great condition but 10 dollars woulda been a steal. I payed close to 100 for a mint condition one... he must've been expecting around that much.
    I was watching that, and I couldn't believe it went for so low as well. I think that $100 is a bit high though, although I have seen 2 of them go for around that price. I'd say $40-60 is a decent price for one in great condition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I thought it was a BIN.

Wait a min.....You are telling me, the auction ran its full course and he didn't notice until the auction ended. Not only that but he noticed AS SOON as it ended? How does one exactly list something that they don't want to sell? Isn't that like accidently sleeping with your best friends wife. "Honey honest it was an accident"

BS. He typed up a description and included a picture of the correct item. Item ran the full duration. BS

You should call the bluff. Tell him you don't believe him. Then at the same time send the paypal one more time and report him as a non performing seller. The report may shake him up. Reverse of non-paying bidder. 3 reports and ebay boots you. Make sure you also get the contact information.

You earned feedback for asap payment. If he sends the sign tell him he will get his. Otherwise neg him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by imanerd0011
    Quote Originally Posted by Promophile
    I was watching that, and I couldn't believe it went for so low as well. I think that $100 is a bit high though, although I have seen 2 of them go for around that price. I'd say $40-60 is a decent price for one in great condition.
    Yeah I got my Mario 3 one around that price. The prices are pretty wild on these things, they don't pop up all too often, although I'd say this particular display is one of the more common ones. Perhaps I paid a slight premium on mine but I was getting annoying that I kept losing these . I think I lost on the last 5 displays I bid on, the latest being a Mario Golf one I really wanted.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Leave him a neg, he sucks ass for being such an ass seller :/
    This is the greatest gif ever NO!!!!!!!! THE SITE TOOK IT OFF :: :: :: :: :: ::
    Another good one! XD
    A weird flash

Thx to Harima Kenji from Wannabefansubs.net for the Avatar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its clear he saw the last auction end at around $100, and expected that much for his. I think for him being such an ass we should threaten him and tell him we will make new accounts and bid on all of his items, win them, and neg him up the ass if he does not send you the sign, just for being a bitxh seller, and doing a horrible job at lieing.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sent him this email after he said he couldn't sell it because it belonged to his "parents"

Then why didn't you just end the listing early, before someone bid on it? You had the item up for 5 days, you could have taken it down anytime...why did you wait for someone to win it? I'm sorry, but this isn't making sense to me at all.

He responded with:

was getting ready to package it up and my mom asked me what I was doing with it. Listen, I'm really sorry about the troubles. I didn't think it would be this big of a deal.
    JB

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Since he allready refunded your money and you have your positive, you are in the drivers seat. Here is what I would do in your position, IMHO:

1) Report him to E-Bay. They can't FORCE him to send you the item, but it will be a strike on his record.
    2) Notify the seller that you will give him the benift of the doubt but you will be watching his auctions for the next 90 days. If you see the sign being listed again, that means a neg on his record.
    3) Check any other SMW signs posted in the next 90 days to see if he tries to sell it under a new user ID.
    4) If the 90 days pass without seeing anything, leave him a positive and give him the benift of the doubt (although I think he's lying his ass off!)

Tough break on not getting the item, but there really is'nt much you can do. Just be glad you got your money back.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

have him tell his mom he is sorry and tell her he screwed up. If she really loves him then she will forgive him.