Thread: Third-party PSX Mem Card Problem

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Third-party PSX Mem Card Problem

Recently, I went back to attempt to play some of my old PSX games. Way back when I had my PSX, had just a parttime job, and was filling up memory cards like they were...uh...something that fills up quickly, I bought an Interact Performance Mega Memory 32x memory card, one of these. It had gotten rave reviews in several gaming magazines, so I figured I was safe. This thing was a godsend. It cost only a little more than a regular memory card, and had the space of 32 memory cards. I never had to worry about running out of memory again!

Now fast forward to 2005. I plug the baby in, and can access the immediate save files just fine. But there's a problem. The buttons you can see on the bottom of the memory card? Those are for changing pages. If I attempt to change pages at all, I get a small E in one of the corners of the memory card and it refuses to move to any other page except the one its stuck on. I don't mean that I move to the page, and then the files aren't there. I mean the card will not physically attempt to access the page. Thanks to a semi-recent computer crash, I have lost all my PSX backups that I painstakingly made with my DexDrive. All the original copies were on this card. That means my Final Fantasy Tactics save is gone. My Metal Gear Solid save is gone. My Lunar saves are gone. My TREASURED Valkyrie Profile save is gone. I could go on, and on, and on, but, clearly, it's a catastrophe. Conveniently enough, a reader review on the same site linked to above complains of the same problem.

Does anyone else have one of these? Does anyone have any idea how I might fix the card or, at least, get the saves off of it so I can buy OTHER cards? I'd greatly appreciate the help, this is a pretty dire situation for me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all the vast technical knowledge present on this site, is no one brave enough to even READ my post? Omnedon? Anyone?

Please, this is actually extremely important to me. We're most likely talking hundreds of hours of work lost here, and this thread has five views, three of them being me.

Please, I'm begging. Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To tell you the truth I stopped reading at third party mem card.

They are unreliable,and unfixable.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks. I appreciate the reply, and your honesty.