Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Offering $3500 for Policenauts Prototype (English)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's the 1996 KoA Press Release for the game:

http://web.archive.org/web/199701080....com/pr-e7.htm

Sounds like a very intriguing game. Too bad it'll never be released in English. I wouldn't want to have to wade through tons of Japanese text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Sothy

Hey Richter, why is it "greedily" keeping it, huh?

DO you think it's the RIGHT of YOU to play a game for free that is unreleased? You should get together with a group and DONATE money if you want X item enough. You realize the value of these things goes down when they are available to the public, yes? This is purely from a collector's standpoint.

I dont get it if they are keeping the game because of what its worth then sell the damn thing and keep the money, they obviosly dont care about gaming they are businessmen.

Anyone that had an unreleased proto would try to get it out there for others to enjoy if they were a gamer.
    I mean shit make a few bucks if you have to but just keeping something so no one else can have it is something I dont understand.

<@Carey85> I-75 is the second busiest freeway in the country behind I-95
    <@NE146> u r

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thats crazy money for a game man, But i know how you feel!!

Good Luck!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ofcourse good luck finding it,but i can understand if people keep it for themself.Why?Cause if you pay like $2000 almost for an unreleased game and get it dumped it's worth less if you ask me,so i can understand if the buyer says well i'm keeping this one for myself,it is just great to be the only one having it,that's why you paid so much!

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Didn't someone already confirm this doesn't exist...

This is probably my holy grail for unreleased games and I have actually written numerous letters to Konami over the years trying to encourage them to finally release it. I could have sworn somebody tracked down one of the guys assigned to the localization team at Konami a few years back and he confirmed that the only stuff that was actually translated was the shooting subgame that was shown at E3 years ago. Does anyone have any information to the contrary?

Cherry (Level 1) ClassicGameTrader's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

This is probably my holy grail for unreleased games and I have actually written numerous letters to Konami over the years trying to encourage them to finally release it. I could have sworn somebody tracked down one of the guys assigned to the localization team at Konami a few years back and he confirmed that the only stuff that was actually translated was the shooting subgame that was shown at E3 years ago. Does anyone have any information to the contrary?
    I believe reports stated the saturn version was 70% completed before it was cancelled. However, I can believe that it may not of been so either. There is one person on DP that I know who does know a person with a working english copy. I won't say that persons name but it is somebody we all know. Sooner or later I am going to make this happen, I have written email to the webmaster at http://policenauts.net/ about my interest in contribution to his project but no response.

Lets keep this topic current and hopefully something will come, I promise all DP members that unless the powers that be make this game available I WILL bring it to the US. Even if I have to assemble my own team to do it, but that is another thread
    'Why should I lie when I can dramatize?"

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a collector and not only of videogames. The real item is one thing vs. the games for a collector. Even thought in the scene it seems to decrease price. I believe if "the item" really worth it, it will still hold value. For example, if we repro, dump, etc. NWC, the original item will always hold value.

Like Earthbound NES proto. I would like to own the original item as it is special. However, to track it down and not a fake, will be hard I guess now. ;-) [I guess some people know who own it but still, even if it has been dumped, the item is cool]. That is like Stadium Events... it is still wanted because it is rare, not because it has been or not dumped. ;-)

Well I guess the games is really hot as you want it to be available in english so badly. Good luck

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon
    Here's the 1996 KoA Press Release for the game:

http://web.archive.org/web/199701080....com/pr-e7.htm

Sounds like a very intriguing game. Too bad it'll never be released in English. I wouldn't want to have to wade through tons of Japanese text.
    Holy crap...Buffalo Grove...that's like, twenty minutes away from my house.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicGameTrader
    There is one person on DP that I know who does know a person with a working english copy.
    How does this guy know the other person is telling the truth? Has he seen it in action?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

Quote Originally Posted by Memnon
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicGameTrader
    There is one person on DP that I know who does know a person with a working english copy.
    How does this guy know the other person is telling the truth? Has he seen it in action?
    I can't really speculate but I know he is telling the truth.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maxlords
    Yeah, fraid it's not worth THAT much...try more like $500 or so, maybe a bit more tops And it exists...

Don't worry, word WILL hit DP if/when it surfaces!
    Haven't you claimed before that a 100% translated beta exists?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thought I'd bump this for an update on the quest...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$3500 is a nice price. I paid MORE than that for a one of a kind PS1 proto (that I have yet to receive).

Good luck on your endeavor! I may be doing a similar post for some PS1 protos as soon as I save up money. (ClayFighter, Maniac Moons, NHL 96, Alien Virus, Youngblood, and about 80 others are on my want list)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    stillgetmine199

$3500 is a nice price. I paid MORE than that for a one of a kind PS1 proto (that I have yet to receive).

Good luck on your endeavor! I may be doing a similar post for some PS1 protos as soon as I save up money. (ClayFighter, Maniac Moons, NHL 96, Alien Virus, Youngblood, and about 80 others are on my want list)
    Damn, I don't want to get off topic but what might that of been?

Keep the thread active, it will only benifit us all when it surfaces!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would like to keep the thread open too. At this time I don't want to say how much I paid and for what. Here are the reasons why:

#1) Although I'm hoping it was already sent, if he sees me talking about it he might not send it (I basically agreed to a contract where I cannot copy, distribute, or tell anyone about it. Including screenshots for public viewing.) I have been working on this for over a year and don't want to screw it up now when I'm so close.
    #2) I don't want to jinx myself (I was scammed, got lost in the mail, got destroyed in the mail)
    #3) I'm not supposed to have it, it's the only copy around so if anyone knows I have it they'll know who I got it from. (preview copies were never sent to magazines)

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's really that big a deal, then anyone who has any interest in keeping it under wraps who read this thread will know exactly what you are talking about without you mentioning the name .... so you might as well tell us anyway

Either they'll see this thread, in which case you're busted anyway - or they won't, and it won't matter that you tell us

Vroomfunkel
    "The last time a nation did what a bush told them to do, they ended up wandering 40 years in the wilderness ... " - Anonymous

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice try with that fancy smancy logic. I'm fairly certain that 'he or she' does not frequent this forum. In having said that, I'm pretty sure if I mention the title on this thread and then do a google search, this thread will show up. However, I still don't want to jinx myself so I'm remaining quiet.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I think you guys jinxed me. I thought for sure my stuff would come today (Saturday Dec 10). It's not here and I'm going totally nuts. It's the same feeling I have when I'm about to bid on a kewl ebay auction at the very last second and when I bid I find out that BuyAtari overbid me by a lot. Very frustrating.

EDIT: Since my ramblings are off topic, I'll keep the ramblings to myself and here: http://playstationproto.cjb.net/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Honestly , I've never heard someone talk so much about something they couldn't talk about. How many threads have you started about one item you can't say anything about?

Anyway I hope your unmentioned game arrives safe and sound from your unmentioned programmer so you can mention to us it has arrived and that any other details will remain unmentioned.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Common Buyatari... when people cannot talk about something, all they do is talk about it but say they cannot talk about it. I heard people do it all the time ;-)