Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting MSG3: Subsistence Detail

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roushimsx
    Tangent: Anyone remember the storyline from Snake's Revenge? That shit was comedy gold. Sad that a lot of people still think of that game as Metal Gear 2
    Yes, but you have to remember years later an encounter with one of the Snake's Revenge designers was what got Mr. Kojima thinking again about Metal Gear which lead to the creation of MGS.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid
    Tangent: Anyone remember the storyline from Snake's Revenge? That shit was comedy gold. Sad that a lot of people still think of that game as Metal Gear 2
    Yes, but you have to remember years later an encounter with one of the Snake's Revenge designers was what got Mr. Kojima thinking again about Metal Gear which lead to the creation of MGS.
    Really? Where did you hear that?

I liked the camera as it was, and I definately don't want to be playing this online. (Soldier: "LoL d00d i cn leik totlaly c u" = no. Just...no.) That said, I'll be getting it. I've read enough about MG2 to have learned that it's a bit like MGS2, but less sane.

The suggestion that this is even possible sends my mind into wild spasms of joy.

It hasn't been mentioned that I know of, but hopefully there will be a Casting Theater (as well as the confirmed Secret Theater, which r0xx0rz your cardboard b0xx0rz), in order to continue the tradition of allowing us to kill off the really annoying characters. (Everyone who owns MGS2: Substance must have their character of choice murder Rose at least five times. I believe there's a law about this.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    Can't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember an interview with Kojima about a year ago where he was quoted as saying that. I remember thinking "oh, so something good DID come out of that pile of crap."

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Am I the only one who LIKED Snakes Revenge, then?

I would RATHER have had MGS 3 ported to the XBox -- but the inclusion of the original MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake DEFENTILY make this worth picking up. I KNEW there was a reason I was holding off on buying this game.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I apologize in advance for the following double-post. I forgot there was already a Subsistence thread when I created my new one. My bad.

I never played MGS 2 or MGS 2: Substance. I just couldn't get into the control scheme, and without the story to inspire me, I never purchased them. I loved MGS, and wanted to give the series another chance, so I borrowed MGS3 from a friend two days ago, started playing on normal.... and played non-stop till I beat it. What a great game.

Anyway, I want to pick up MGS3 for myself, but naturally, I'm planning to wait and just buy Subsistence. The question I wanted to ask is, do you find it likely that you'll be able to import you regular MGS3 save files into Subsistence, or is it more likely to be treated as a totally seperate game? How did it work with MGS2 and Substance? Was there any sort of option like that?

I want to go through and start collecting the secret camos and what not, and I also want to try a higher difficulty, but if I'm just going to have to do it all over again when I buy my copy of Subsistence....then I can wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Oh no, absolutly not Snake's Revenge was still fun to play, though the control in the side scrolling portions left a bit to be desired. I just like shitting on it for it's "storyline" (and I use that term extremely loosly)

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dahne
    Can't remember where I read it but I distinctly remember an interview with Kojima about a year ago where he was quoted as saying that. I remember thinking "oh, so something good DID come out of that pile of crap."
    Snake's Revenge
    I recall that Jennifer X was your contact through the transciever and you were in a remote island nation called Zanzibarland. It was here, you needed to search out and find General Higharolla Kockamanie (heh-heh...Ultragames, you little comedian devils you... x_x )

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Oh no, absolutly not Snake's Revenge was still fun to play, though the control in the side scrolling portions left a bit to be desired. I just like shitting on it for it's "storyline" (and I use that term extremely loosly)
    See it's not that snakes revenge was a bad game, it's just that it was blasphemous to the series. It's like if New Super Mario Bros. was an FPS.

I think you can see what i'm getting at. THey took away what we loved, the stealth, and because of that the game came off like Americanized crap. It's got decent gameplay, but it carries the metal gear name and is shit by comparision.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

See it's not that snakes revenge was a bad game, it's just that it was blasphemous to the series. It's like if New Super Mario Bros. was an FPS.
    Or if it was game where you shoot stuff with a water gu -- oh, wait.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm totally looking forward to this. I've wanted to play MG2 but on a console for once instead of in emulation.
    The epitome of evil lies not in what you do to your enemies, but the intensity and dedication you put into it.

This shirt's too tight, Billy!- Lex Luger's infamous NWA Cyberspace promo

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

such a shame there is so much hate-on for snake's revenge, i rather enjoyed it, actually the only metal gear game i like, i tried getting into mgs3, but it falls so so short of splinter cell 3

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So now, before I get too excited, we're 100% sure that by "the first two games" they don't mean MG and Snake's Revenge?

Cause I'll be real pissed if I open it up and Snake's Revenge is in there instead of MG2: SS.

I'll buy it anyway though, it's a metal gear game, and I'm going for a complete collection of all things metal gear, all versions, all systems, all special boxes, etc..

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Metal Gear and MG2: Solid Snake available for the first time in the US.

Kojima is the big man in charge and he has clearly stated that the NES MG and it's bastard brother Snake's Revenge are NOT part of the metal Gear series.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I picked up the Brady Games special guide for MGS3; definitely looks like a keeper. I'm also holding out for Substance.

On the original Metal Gears, I'm sure people are going to wonder "what this crappy MG2 game? It's a total ripoff of MGS"

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm still waiting for this as well. I haven't bought any new modern games in quite a while.
    The epitome of evil lies not in what you do to your enemies, but the intensity and dedication you put into it.

This shirt's too tight, Billy!- Lex Luger's infamous NWA Cyberspace promo