Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diablo II

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Diablo II

Well I was looking for topics and I didn't find anything exactly relating to it

I recently restarted playing Diablo II after a long time of not playing it,

It's such an addicting game, but to the question at hand

How many people on this board have played it? or have played at least Diablo 1?

How do you like it?

Also does anyone still play it and want to play on battle.net with me

Well Hope to hear from everyone

Jon

"With Great Power Comes Great Responisibility"
    Wanting to Collect full set of Super Nintendo Games as well as Dreamcast Games.

http://users.ign.com/collection/Lothars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played them all , Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction

Diablo I only Single-Player, II also in battle.net

i played it for a long long time, and it's a fantastic addicting game, still one of the best internet games imho
    -Jan

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Diablo (1), the whole game. It was great fun. Not a real RPG, just with elements of it. Really liked to improve my characters. And I like that the maps were never the same, everytime build new. Made it a great RPG-Action-Adventure I like very much.

Just touched the 2nd Diablo, but can't remember why. Didn't play it that much.

btw. are the Diablo titles also released on any console? Diablo was released on the PSX, I think. And Diablo 2?
    Cheers, Joe

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default addicted to the blo

i used to be addiced to blo 2 for a while, amazing game. i was a huge fan of blo 1 , one of the first games online that i really got addiced to, that and starseige tribes (which still rules) and one of the few games i actully organized a clan for and spent a lot of time doing stuipd things like that, i would love to bust out the blo2 again if there was gonna be some people i knew on there, so we could play together and not deal with stuipd pkers and hacks and such, that would rule, im in!
    You must be Dirk, Dirk the Daring

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I picked up D2 again not too long ago. Now I'm addicted again! It makes me wonder why the game hasn't released on any console yet. Is it merely because of the disk space it needs to take up? Re-releasing the title in a "special edition" or something and combining online play into nationally ranked ladders etc. would be a pretty sure-fire hit. Maybe Blizzard is waiting to release Diablo 3 on the XBox 360... (cross fingers)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

@Oliver

because Diablo ain't Diablo without the mouse, we had a huge discussion about this a while ago, so i'll shut up now
    -Jan

Pac-Man (Level 10)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd rather them get Starcraft 2 rolling

But, I played 1, and never bought the 2nd one. I was actually thinking about this game a couple days ago, and that I should go out and buy it because its all of $20.
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number 1 in the 'hood g!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to play D2 like 8 hours a day, I played the original (my cpu was having probs with LoD) and played on the non hacking server. I had a lvl 87 necromancer, and many other high level jobs (I got a lvl 50 barb in 1 day).

I quit because I became addicted to socom on ps2. I used to have alot of fun on that game, and I always had fun collecting all of the gems and fusing them together (I used a ton to trade for my first SOJ).

Damn that game was really fun...I would come back but I dont feel like re-learning all of the lingo on there again, and learning all of the other stuff I have forgotten.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played them all , Diablo, Hellfire, Diablo II, Lord of Destruction
    Same here.

I'd LOVE to play some Diablo online. In all honesty, however, I haven't taken the games online since 98 because of all the rampant cheating over Battle.net. If you're an honest and reliable gamer, however, I'd love to play with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way, if you like Diablo, you might also like Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yea, I liked Diablo 1 a lot. Tried to crank it up yesterday, but multiple computers on the same LAN cannot connect to battle.net servers. So stupid. Diablo 1 only uses one port and can't branch out. WC2 has the same problem.

As for Diablo 2, I played it, but I wasn't a big fan of the skill trees. I kind liked having a warrior and going all int and making him a warrior/wizard combo in D1.
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avatard
    As for Diablo 2, I played it, but I wasn't a big fan of the skill trees. I kind liked having a warrior and going all int and making him a warrior/wizard combo in D1.
    the skill trees are fantastic, give them a chance, gotta lova a well-equipped Zealot Pala or other skill configurations
    -Jan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    namzep
    Steam
    namzep

I've always been a big fan of the Diablo series and was really addicted to Diablo II when it first came out. I still play it at work when I get bored. I really like playing as a Bowazon. The hack-and-slash style of RPG may be my favorite type of game (although, I do love puzzlers).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

D1 was the first game I ever played on PC, I started playing at a friends house one day and before I knew it I was spending all of my days off there playing. When I finally got a PC that was the only game I picked up...until D2 came out. I find that I still prefer the original more though, even though there is more to warrant replay on D2 with being able to collect weapon and armor sets and imbibing (sp) your socketed weapons. But unfortunately I haven't played either in a couple of years at least. I'd probably just delete my old characters and start from scratch if I started again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I made a topic about Diablo II a couple months ago, but it wasn't in this forum, obviously.

I'm thinking about getting back into it, as I've got a new computer. I loved using the Necromancer, and just summoning a huge amount of skeletons on the enemy. They were really good when you leveled them up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana
    I made a topic about Diablo II a couple months ago, but it wasn't in this forum, obviously.

I'm thinking about getting back into it, as I've got a new computer. I loved using the Necromancer, and just summoning a huge amount of skeletons on the enemy. They were really good when you leveled them up.
    Over in the Who's Playing Diablo II thread I'm trying to get a few DPers together for some weekend runs in private games. Wouldn't you be interested? I make some pretty good Barbs, Sorcs, and Asns. I'd prefer it to be on hardcore ladder expansion.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to be really addicted to D2 when I first got it, I loved my corse explosion necromancer, and owning cows.

Great great game, I remember I used to love making gem stones or whatever, and then trading them one day for my first SOJ ring

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i played d2 very seriously for about 2 years. I was one of the first lvl 99 v/t's . I played many tournments for real life money/d2 items. Unforently, that 1.10 patch kind of messed up things for me, all the new items..ect I just did'nt find d2 as fun as it use to be and ending playing less and less until i finally quit.

anyway, I'd love to play again, I've even thought about starting a throw barb just for fun. anyway, if anyone wants to play let me know.
    Even if I go to hell, I will live to the end of this world. And if the world does not come to an end... I will destroy it with my own hands!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I played Diablo 1 when it first came out and was completely devoted to it on the PC... played almost nothing else, and I even got my wife into it.

I bought Diablo 2 a while after it came out, and I never really could get into it. Just something about it wasn't as fun as the first... I never could really pinpoint exactly what. I always get bored part-way into the second Act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I bought D2 at launch for $55 at Best Buy. It was kick ass but lagged like hell on computer, which of course was a trump card to have my parents buy me a new computer for that Christmas. I played the game off and on between '00 & '05 with friends and my girlfriend of the time. I really sucked until I got one of my best buds hardcore into it early last year and we went from playing ~1-3hrs tops to around 30hrs+ each week. I went like that until August or September, then fell out of it until the new patch "eliminated" TPPKers (which didn't last long at all) and stopped totally by December. I friend went on to play GW until it was flooded with lots of emos and kids, then switched to EQ2 and hasn't gone back since. So because I haven't been on there in a good several months it may be interesting to get a few people to play with on the weekend from the DP forums.

So I guess so far potential players are:
    cyberfluxor
    unbroken
    Wester
    evildead2099
    PDorr3
    GetImOliver
    DJ_DEEM

Please if you stumble across this thread again and haven't seen it since last year feel free to let us know if you want to join in. I'm pretty serious into getting something going and would be interesting. If you're new to the game or haven't played in a long time and need to get back up to speed, no problem. We'd all be here to help each other out.
    [Website] [Gallary] [Games List] [DP Feedback]