Thread: Just received my NIB 32X...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Just received my NIB 32X...

I have a Genesis I, and all of the necessary hookups came with it, so I ran down to the local VG Store and picked up Virtua Fighter and Star Wars: Arcade boxed for a total of $15, along with a boxed Comix Zone (minus the bonus CD of tunes) for $4.99. There's nothing really special so far about the 32x, but I must admit that I enjoy playing Virtua Fighter--I used to play it on my lunch breaks when I worked at a bungee tower in Wisconsin Dells back in the summer of '94. I always loved doing the double stomp on people with that Oriental Chef Guy.

I may be just caught up in a hype, but does the 32x make Genesis games look slightly better? I thought that Contra: Hard Corps looked a little more crisp, plus there were no more visible vertical bars on the screen during the Sega Intro (which used to be painfully obvious to me).

I'd say for the $50 bucks total spent on games and the 32x, I got exactly what I wished for: a chance to pique my curiosity, plus another platform to casually collect for. If I don't run across any games, oh well. If I do and they are reasonably priced, great.

BEST LINE FROM A VIDEO GAMER: (While playing Super Mario Bros. 3, after dying): "MARIO, YOU GREASY WOP, I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH!!!!!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I noticed that Streets of Rage 2 looked a little bit "cleaner" to me, so I think it has something to do with the 32X's graphics processor, which could be bypassing the Genesis's PPU, but people keep telling me it's just my imagination. The black bars are gone, however.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the 32X use composite video out? If you were using the standard RF that Genesis used and are now using composite then of course you'de notice a difference.

The 32X will make absolutely no difference in regular Genesis games. I believe non 32X games bypass the unit entirely.

Tempest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

32X uses the same out as the genny 2. If you have any visual improvement, it is directly related to less interference only.
    ... for your gaming and iPod service needs http://www.oldschoolgamer.com/ For all your Video Game console and iPod upgrade/repair needs!