Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Castlevania - Dawn of Sorrow (DS) is so great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Use the Zephyr soul in the cannon room.

For the room full of spokes... is it the one with the water?

If that's the one use either the Skeleton Ark soul or the Skeleton Ape soul + Puppet Master.
    - MarkMan
    www.SDTEKKEN.com - SAN DIEGO TEKKEN
    www.tekkenzaibatsu.com - Tekken Zaibatsu

Idle

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I don't have that soul -- where do I get it?

And no, the spiked room is not underwater. It's just a long passage with spikes. There's a safe spot to stand in the middle, but you are just left a narrow passage and no way to cross, as the floor is still spiked.
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Did you get the bat company soul yet?

As for Zephyr soul you get it by defeating the boss after you get the tower key.

After fighting Gergoth, did you go back up the tower to get the key?
    - MarkMan

Idle

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soulblazer, check again. That room you described is the one where the spikes are underwater. In that room use the bone ark soul and they will carry you across it and , oddly enough, through the wall.

When you pass it use your peeping eye soul or you man miss a breakable wall farther in.
    Run, run, or you'll be well done! -Kefka

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

(sigh) Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by 'bat company' soul. I have the soul from the normal bats.

This is what happens when I try to finish one of these games without checking for help.

Is Gergoth the name of that damn hard boss creature at the top of the tower? The one that crashes through the floor halfway through the battle and the two of you fall all the way down to the bottom?

Yes, I defeated him, but I did'nt see any need to climb back to the top of the tower since I had checked all the rooms up there. My map is'nt showing anywhere else to go.

But is is it worth it going back to that cannon freeze room? I'm trying to find the next boss to fight, or the next encounter with someone, or the next new area of the map to explore, or the forth magic seal.

EDIT: I just checked. I do NOT have either the Zephyer soul or the Skelaton Bone soul. I DO have both the Skleaton Ape and Puippet Master souls.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Don't assume you checked all the rooms. There is a room behind that guy but he has smashed all the floors. That makes it difficult to get up there. You have to keep working your way up by jumping and tossing those puppet master dolls. Sooner or later you'll make it to the top and find the key.

I think that key opens that strange blue door, but I dunno. I just kept chugging along couldn't tell if I actually used the key or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah if you didn't go back up after defeating Gergoth then you haven't gotten the tower key which you need to gain access to new areas.

You don't have to use the puppet soul but it can help. I used the flying armor soul and made it back to the top just fine.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh yea, boy am I a retard. Using the puppet way was hard as balls.

Everyone keep your eyes peeled for something related to that piano. Maybe some notes listed somewhere or some clues. Its driving me crazy. I'm determined to figure out if something is up with it. The notes are "CDEFGABC", so if you see any combo of those random letters anywhere it could be a clue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There's nothing with the piano, Igarashi confirmed it's just there for fun...

I guess that's the big secret about it !
    - MarkMan

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Okay, I have been playing this game for the past three days now... if this weren't a portable and I didn't have school, I would have been playing it nonstop! And my eyes would look like gigantic white eggs with tiny little black dots for staring at the DS screen for so long.

Just finished beating the game my second time, this time in... well, I'll put up a SPOILER WARNING at this point...

Just beat Julius Mode, and it was much fun to play as the latest Belmont descendant, as well as Yoko Belnades with her good ol' fire, ice, and lightning spells that she inherited from her great great great great great great great granny. Oh, and playing as Alucard? Fuggin' wicked awesome. His sword is so damn fast, and he got me through some hard parts.

The final boss in Julius Mode is different from Menace... now, no one can complain about the game's lack of Dracula, because he's at the end of Julius' quest! Yup, Dracula took over Soma, and he uses some of the more powerful souls to kick your ass. He teleports about utilizing the uber-strong Great Axe Armor soul, and he hired Gaibon as his personal bodyguard. Every eight or so seconds, he'll dive towards you, and it WILL hurt. After kicking Soma's humanoid ass, he transforms into Dracula's final incarnation from Rondo of Blood! Looks exactly like him... so impressive. Goddamn, that was hard. I had to slide under his jumps and time it right so neither the multiple Larva nor the angel's feathers hit me. Didn't have to worry about the Aguni flame, though... but those locusts are pests. Thankfully, he gives you adequate warning to retreat to the corner of the screen before releasing the plague. It took me a while to beat Drac, but I did conquer him... at level 39. Not bad, not bad.

Okay, spoilers over.

Anyway, I must say that Dawn of Sorrow improves on Aria in every which way. I was surprised by quite a few of the boss fights, and I'm glad they've improved on the bosses, considering the somewhat lackluster fights in AoS. I was also surprised at this game's difficulty! It certainly is harder than AoS, and I didn't spend too much time out of my way leveling up. I did that on purpose. I didn't want to make the game too easy, I wanted it to be a challenge... geez, my wish was certainly granted. I must have died... like, 20 times.

I was pissed when I screwed up the Magic Soul on the Zephyr fight and he killed me in resurrection. I was surprised, however, to hit the extremely complex seal for Death and Abaddon the first times I beat them. Like I said, the bosses are awesome. Hell, the enemies in general are awesome. Some may tout KCET for being lazy for re-using quite a few sprites from Symphony of the Night, but the Castlevania freak in me sees it as a homage to one of my favorite CV games of all time.

I do believe that this game will take Game of the Year 2005... but I have yet to play CV: Curse of Darkness, so I'll wait before I declare it an instant winner.
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While it is IMO one of the best portable games out there, I don't think it will merit it to receive Game Of The Year on multiplatforms... maybe handheld game of the year for sure.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Will CV be 3D? If it is that it just can't stand up to DS =P

Also what does the soul release do? I've released some and nothing happened.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avatard
    Will CV be 3D? If it is that it just can't stand up to DS =P

Also what does the soul release do? I've released some and nothing happened.
    It's just for weakening souls if you want to make the game harder. That's it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    For the room full of spokes... is it the one with the water?

If that's the one use either the Skeleton Ark soul or the Skeleton Ape soul + Puppet Master.
    I need to get past there too. Is the skeleton ark soul the one where there are two skeletons carrying that bone head that shoots an energy ball?

I have the ape soul and puppet soul, how would this work instead? the ape soul only makes you throw and enemy furthur, and my puppet doesnt get too far.

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just try it for yourself.

Equip the Ape Skeleton Soul and the Puppet Master soul. Use the Bat Company soul once you get there, fly to the left, land on the safe area, then throw the puppet. Congrats.

Finally got 100% souls 100% map. Hard mode done. Julius mode done. Boss Rush record 2 minutes 23 seconds.

Whew. I think i'm officially done with this title.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ContraVania

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMan
    While it is IMO one of the best portable games out there, I don't think it will merit it to receive Game Of The Year on multiplatforms... maybe handheld game of the year for sure.
    I'll drink to that! As awesome as Nanostray was, this kinda beats it.

Though, Gunstar Super Heroes has yet to be released... I'll hold off judgment.

Boss Rush record 2 minutes 23 seconds.

Dude, you gotta give me some tips on beating the rush in under three minutes. My record is merely a few seconds below the 4:00 line. Also, a question: I have collected the Death's Robe, RPG, Nunchakus, and the Terror Bear (heh, good joke weapon ) from beating the Boss Rush as fast as I can. Are there any more prizes to be had?
    That's it! Next stop: The Junkyard. Population: You!

My college show: The Spirit of Radio, Tuesdays 8-9 p.m. EST = http://www2.etown.edu/clubs_orgs/wwec/listen.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No other prizes, just a potion lol.

As for speeding through it. You have to be careful to not get hit.

I never stay and get healing orbs from a boss. That destroys your time immensely.

Also make use of your items, the super potion and the rusty tin can. If you have one of the souls(I forgot which one) but it will reverse the effect and give you a full boost if you eat the bad items.

I used Golem x 9, Black Panther, and didn't matter on the bullet soul for the most part. Use the black panther to move between rooms and only against the bosses that move around a lot. Otherwise, use the DEVIL soul. Which boosts your attack rating to rediculous numbers and will make most bosses die in a few seconds.

I equipped the Valmanway, Devil's Tunic, and minginoid(SP?) something like that... for equipment.

Valmanway is a must. The other other weapon I'd even recc closely to that is Gungner.
    - MarkMan

Idle

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

Thanks for the hint the other night, guys. I was able to find and beat Zephyer, and then went past the cannon freeze room to find a new area and a new encounter.

And what a joy that new area was -- a remix of Vampire Killer! \^_^/

I still have to check out the spike area to see if I can past that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlazer
    Thanks for the hint the other night, guys. I was able to find and beat Zephyer, and then went past the cannon freeze room to find a new area and a new encounter.

And what a joy that new area was -- a remix of Vampire Killer! \^_^/

I still have to check out the spike area to see if I can past that.
    yeah I got there esterday too, and loved vampire killer, nice suprise. Also, the spike place, I asked before, but the soul you need that carrys you across, is that the skull being carries byt two skeletons that shoots the energy ball? I know theres and area with two of them...but I cant find it now, any idea where that is?
    Thanks

Visit my YouTube page: Pete's Game Room

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

I never did get that soul from that creature, however, you can get past the spiked area easily once you defeat the 'boss bat' and get the Flying Bat ability. That boss is inside the area with the Vampire Killer remix.