Thread: FA:Venture II-Treasure Chest Edition-"ALPHA"-First

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FA:Venture II-Treasure Chest Edition-"ALPHA"-First

Yup, you read the subject right. I, Sniderman, am auctioning off my own personal copy of Venture II - Treasure Chest Edition. This is number "Alpha" and was literally the very first one I made for CGE 2001.

Reasons for parting with it are 1. I need the capital for a new game project in the works. (NO, I will NOT discuss it now.) and 2. it's just sitting there in my collection, looking forlorn. I figured someone else might get more use out of it and enjoy having it more than I do. (Besides, I've played the hell out of it over the years. It's someone else's turn.)

This is probably the last time you'll ever see one of the original 2001 Treasure Chest Editions available (unless one of the other 23 who have one sell theirs), so if anyone's interested, this is your chance.

Thanks for hearing me out and good luck.

Venture II-Treasure Chest Edition-Number "Alpha"
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

I saw one of those at Sean Kelly's party last year, and it's very nicely done. Almost bought it too except I didn't have much stuff to trade with nor did I have enough cash.

But I just put a bid on it a few minutes ago.

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Too Old for this Crap Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    QOF
    3DS Friend
    3308-4993-4867

Damn you, CPUWIZ!

* Shakes fist *

Kristine
    "I am way too lesbian for that shit."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

He's been outbid already; should we start a pool on how high this goes??

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am curious if you are counting the Special CGE 2002 release Omega cart as one of the other 23, I would think it is since Omega is the 24th and final letter of the Greek alphabet and it would stand to reason that it would be the final one but since it is a 2002 release it has me wondering if there would have been a 2001 Omega

Drew
    Drew

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Well it's already more than I paid for my one! I guess Marco is desperate this time cos I outbid him previously

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually, "Omega" is not considered "one of the initial 24/25" and is its own specially-created entity. It *is* a "Treasure Chest edition," but the cart label clearly says it was released at CGE 2002 and the instructions have a color cover and are signed. So it doesn't count (by my reckonning).

To summarize the cart run for those who are getting confused:

* There were the first 4 "pre-production" carts - made to make sure I knew how to do this (stripping the ROMs, soldering, labelling, chest assembly, etc.) Those first four were given the greek letters "alpha, beta, gamma, and delta" and were given away to folks who helped me out. (I kept "alpha" which is now for auction.
    * There were 20 carts made and assembled that were sold to private parties at CGE 2001. The last one - #20 - was actually auctioned off at the CGE 2001 auction. That was the first hint of how sought-after these were.
    * A month later, 9/11 hit. The Als at AtariAge asked me for a donation for their charity auction, so I made one more specifically for this. This cart was designated "Sigma" and is identical in every way to the carts released 30 days earlier. This cart brought $400 for the event, of which I'm pretty proud.

So, those are the "25." Some folks consider Sigma as an addition to the run, but I consider it just as viable as the other 24 - more so because it was made for a very specific reason.

And "Omega" is different from the early run in the above mentioned ways. It was made just for someone who may have wanted the boxed edition, but is seperate from the inital 24/25.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the clarification on the release #s and how it was done. With this information, as I understand it, the 2002 Omega was a one of a kind special release.

Maybe I should try and out bid Marco, Its been done before but cost me consideradably more then I wanted to pay...thinking, thinking, thinking, look in wallet, check bank account... No I better let Marco have this one
    Drew