Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gamestop Employees/ EBGames Employees Question 2!

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Captain Wrong's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Captain Wrong
    PSN
    Captain Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cmosfm
    Quote Originally Posted by DDCecil
    Quote Originally Posted by Hep038
    The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !)
    If I saw this I would laugh and walk out of the store. I like NES ans SNES games as much as the next guy, but to have them in a glass case would make me think 2 things.

1. They are asking way too much for them, if they think they should be locked up behind a glass case.
    2. I am going to have to ask for help to browse through them.

Both of these options are not worth my time. I understand having some of the high priced carts in the glass case, but if they are storing R.C Pro Am and Blaster Master, I am guessing I will get sticker shock when I ask to look them over.
    You're kidding right? EVERY store I've ever been to has games behind a glass case. Loose carts, of course.
    Not with me, 95% of all stores I go to that carry NES/SNES/Genesis/etc keep them out in the open to shuffle through. There's only a few that I remember that do that, and they are a pain in the ass to look through, I usually don't bother.
    Same here. Actually the only store that keeps any 16 bit or earlier games behind the counter is the independent store that keeps every game behind the counter.

Oh, and this link that was given earlier should be required reading (and should be the end of the infernal OMG EB/GS SuXX0RX!!!WTFOMGBBQ!!!)
    http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/17063

Thanks, Diatribal Deity.

Cherry (Level 1) starchildskiss78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cyberfluxor
    "Needle", I'm not hating, my stance is that those places are best for buying from but when it comes to selling to them, it's not worth the money. Obviously you with working at a Game Stop you want to go all offensive, but rather I'm just giving the truth. It's in true collectors (Like everyone in this community) best interest to make the most out of their sale and not be cornered by a sales associate about a trade-in.
    OMG....I hate Gamestop for that reason! I barely got through the door the other day and the employee asked "Do you have any trade ins today?" After telling him no and going straight for the PS1 games he left me alone. (Actually he disappeared after the UPS guy showed up!) I do most of my game shopping at Game Xchange but I will go to the EB Games by my house because the manager and one employee in particular are downright awesome and as helpful as you can get.
    My webcomic about three kitties and their humans. Touches on different subject matter (including video games) and updates every Sunday and Wednesday. (The kitties demand you read it!)

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mills
    God Bless ebgames. The one here at the mall is so awesome they keep NES and SNES games behind glass cases (where they belong !) . But fuck you gamestop for buying them out because you guys fucking suck. Seriously the guy that I was talking to at gamestop didn't even know what "River City Ransom" was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dude they put old games in a case in the open...what a rare occasion take a pic!

the one here has a bunch of old games in a card board box in the back, i know they hate it when i come in there....i did miss a chance at getting a fully boxed NES action set for $35 though...some one bought it just before i got there and they were at the register still

but yea dont ever trade stuff in...

Luigi (Level 20) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Gamestop and EB have the most recent stuff in a glass case behind the counter with empty boxes on the shelves, along with most the other non-bargin titles. my store, anything over $19.99 gets either chucked or the brand new stuff the box gets gutted and we display the empty box.

Which is kinda funny because people still try to steal the new games, only to find the box is empty after they rip the rest of the plastic off.
    My Gaming Collection (Now at Google Drive!)

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by Diatribal Deity
    Check out this site and read all three sections for some very astute incite on EB and Gamestop.

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/17063
    This is a wonderful article. Everyone should read this immediately.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.