Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Enough of this crap!" The last game that you bail

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default "Enough of this crap!" The last game that you bail

After giving Pro Race Driver 2 (Codemasters) the old college try, I shelved it for awhile. I recently pulled it down and started a new file and still was not able to win the final races. The physics are that weird Codemasters style, the AI makes ZERO mistakes and you never seem to gain on them even if you drive flawlessly. You have to wait for them to wipeout. So with much swearing I packed it up and traded it for Burnout 3, which is a much more fun game.

I know that we all bail out on games from time to time, and misery loves company, so what was the last game that you finally gave up on and said "enough is enough"......and why? Maybe you can save us the pain of playing it!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last one I bailed out on was Return to Castle Wolfenstein for the Xbox. I got to the point were you meet up with the first "Uber Soldat" and kept getting my ass handed to me. Resorting to the 'net to get some strategy, all I found was suggestions to use weapons/devices that I had used up before I saved my game, with no replenishments anywhere in sight. I suppose some day I could restart the whole level and hope to "do it right", but for now it looks much better sitting on the shelf collecting dust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess it would have to be Contra on the NES. A little while ago, I swore to myself that I would beat it. I worked on it for a while, and eventually gave up. It was consuming too much of my time.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great......I actually started Wolfenstein on my Xbox last week!!! I'll try not to waste the heavy ammo on regular enemies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Castlevania Lament of Innocence. Not too difficult or anything, but the level designs are boring as hell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Heh- just got done talking to Beowulf XXIV about this...

Ape Escape 2 (PS2): starts out nice & easy, like a kids' game difficulty, going alone fine, enjoying myself, unlocking tons of stuff.

About 4/5 the way through, near the end of a space-age (moonbase?) stage, there's a set of retracting or sloping stairs to climb around the outside of a tower. After about a dozen tries, I got past them & shortly after came upon some horizontal rotating-cylinder type thing you have to jump onto (& STAY ON briefly) to get by. I kept slipping off, & after numerous attempts I gave up & vowed NEVER to play or even touch it again- & I haven't. I was THAT mad!

I couldn't advise not giving the game a try, though. It's pretty fun for the most part, up until that part.
    "The big things that...nerds like to argue about might not actually matter that much."

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman Jr.
    I guess it would have to be Contra on the NES. A little while ago, I swore to myself that I would beat it. I worked on it for a while, and eventually gave up. It was consuming too much of my time.
    Memorization is the key to Contra success. First time i beat it it took me 17 hours. Damn it's rewarding though.

Anyways for me the last thing i bailed on was actually Contra: Shattered Soldier. It's just too damn hard to get the S rank on all 4 starting missions.

Pac-Man (Level 10) vintagegamecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even though I will go back and finish it, I gave up on Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, that game has no strategy just memorization of attacks and gets so old and boring.
    If they made a movie out of your top five worst sins, what would it be rated?

Check out my list of trades on GameTZ Link

Strawberry (Level 2) DragonMaster Sam's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I put away Madden 2006 last week. It just feels like it's the same game, year after year. And because I'm the 49ers, I can't really make any big plays, like throwing the ball downfield as I have done in past versions.

ServBot (Level 11) WiseSalesman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was either Contra: SS, Lunar: SSSC, or Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. They were not fun, boring, and ridiculously easy, respectively.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Dr. J and Mr. H... ugh

I hate Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde for the NES. It's one of those games that are just plain bad.... but I felt like it was taunting me, as if saying, "Haha! You can't conquer me!" Anyway, I set forth to do just that. I got to the sixth board, which I believe to be the final one. Man, that is HARD! The rest of the game is pretty lame and easy, but six on the other hand... eesh...

I finally just got sick of playing the game and haven't played it since. Damn game.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't played Driv3r for about a year. I got stuck on the mission where you have to chase the woman (Catalina?) in your car. I always got to the exact same spot then she suddenly sped off. That one mission is what made me hate the game. I'm probably one of the few who thought it was quite good. I never experienced any of the bugs with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Batman Vengenance on the Gamecube. I didn't like the controls.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where do I start! This generation on systems has solidly kicked my Ass numerous times. Call of Duty, In the sewers where you have to destroy the ladders, get my ass kicked everytime. That omega pirate in Metroid Prime and I can't remember the name of the guy that schools me in Metroid Prime Echos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I'm about to call it quits on Xanadu Next for NGage. I got past the first boss, but now all the standard enemies took a huge leap in difficulty and leveling is too frustrating. Its too easy to get killed and you can only save in town.

Before that, Murakumo for Xbox. The controls are bad enough out in the open, but there is a level that makes you are fly at warp speed thorough this tiny little tunnel. Just staying off the walls is pretty much impossible, but they also expect you to shoot at a guy you chase with the worst targeting imaginable at the same time. I really hate this game.

Also, Sentinel Returns for PS1 didn't last long. I never got stuck, but after about 3 levels, I reallized that the game wasn't fun, and it had hundreds of levels. Not a good combo.

Finally, Cookies and Cream. I didn't give up at the last level, but my wife did. And trying to play it with only one player is an excercise in futility.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

While I beat Red Faction (PS2) on Normal difficulty, when I went back to try to beat it on Hard difficulty, it just stopped being fun for me. This was probably because I had the auto-aim turned off. Nevertheless, it sits on the shelf these days. I was actually thinking about going back sometime last week, but...nah.

Basically, I got tired of trying to line up shots against enemy guards who danced back and forth like space invader meth freaks.
    (\ /)
    (O.o) ---XBL GT: RHINDLE
    (><)
    /_|_\ ---PH34R TEH BUNNY

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mother FUCKING Silent Hill 4: The Room. I cannot even begin to tell you how pissed I was at this game. There is absolutely no "safe" place to go once your home gets haunted. It sucks and I haven't touched the S.O.B. in months.

Great Puma (Level 12) Gamereviewgod's Avatar
    Toledo, Ohio and likely writing a review.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gamereviewgod
    PSN
    Gamereviewentity
    3DS Friend
    3136-6571-2996

Splinter Cell DS. What a train wreck.

Rogue Ops, Xbox. Couldn't pass the mandatory training.

Midnight Club PSP. Great game, absurd loading times.

Medal of Honor Rising Sun. Great (if canned) opening level. Everything after that SUCKS.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ive got a Mech Commander CD on my desk that I wont put away because Im up to the 2nd last mission but desperately dont want to bail on it. Its one of those stupid "lots of super baddies and you have to be sneaky" missions that I hate so dearly.

I'll do it one day...

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

"Splinter Cell DS. What a train wreck"

yeah, that game was fun for an hour, then the controls, started to piss me off, but I go back to it every so often.