Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Looking for a Game Boy Advance Flash Cart/Card

  1. #1
    Apple (Level 5)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Looking for a Game Boy Advance Flash Cart/Card

    I'm looking for a GBA Flash Cart/Card, whichever one it's called. I'm looking for a good one, that will work with the DS, and I would like one around 256 meg.

    Also, before I buy, I would like to know if it's possible to put SNES games on to it, and how many GBC or GBA games you can fit on it.

    Thanks.


  2. #2
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    A SuperCard is better. You can get one that works with a SD 0r CF card. Then you are pretty much unlimited in how many Snes games you can put on it.

    A 1gig CF or SD card will hold ALL of the SNes and Nes roms you could ever find.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Super-...QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GBA-Super-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem

  3. #3
    Strawberry (Level 2) heyricochet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    486
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Re: Looking for a Game Boy Advance Flash Cart/Card

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Monster
    Also, before I buy, I would like to know if it's possible to put SNES games on to it, and how many GBC or GBA games you can fit on it.

    Thanks.
    1)Yes, but the emulation is not very good
    2) depends on the size of the gbc gba games, it'll vary from 4-32 megs for gba games.

  4. #4
    Pac-Man (Level 10) suppafly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    2,710
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    A SuperCard is better. You can get one that works with a SD 0r CF card. Then you are pretty much unlimited in how many Snes games you can put on it.

    A 1gig CF or SD card will hold ALL of the SNes and Nes roms you could ever find.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Super-...QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GBA-Super-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem
    You gotta love that $33 US shipping in the second auction

  5. #5
    Pretzel (Level 4)
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    800
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suppafly
    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    A SuperCard is better. You can get one that works with a SD 0r CF card. Then you are pretty much unlimited in how many Snes games you can put on it.

    A 1gig CF or SD card will hold ALL of the SNes and Nes roms you could ever find.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-New-Super-...QQcmdZViewItem

    http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GBA-Super-Ca...QQcmdZViewItem
    You gotta love that $33 US shipping in the second auction
    It's called circumvention of fees. There are plenty of sellers that have what at first looks like low bids but when you factor the inflated shipping in there's no deal to be had. eBay used to police the site better against these types of sellers but has been very lax the last couple of years.

  6. #6
    Apple (Level 5)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Hmm, thanks Jonjandran.

    If I put SNES games onto the Super Card, then could I have it so I can play it on my DS, and I can use all four buttons?

    Also, how do I put the games onto the SD card? Does it come with a cord, or something, or do I need another device?


  7. #7
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Monster
    Hmm, thanks Jonjandran.

    If I put SNES games onto the Super Card, then could I have it so I can play it on my DS, and I can use all four buttons?

    Also, how do I put the games onto the SD card? Does it come with a cord, or something, or do I need another device?
    You put the games directly on the SD or CF card. You use a Pc Card Reader.

    And you have to use the Snes Emulator for the GBA for the Snes games. You install them about the same way as the Nes roms.

    Here's a site that helps with the SuperCard. http://www.scdev.org/

  8. #8
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default Say no to the SuperCard

    For the love of god, please avoid the Super Card!!! It comes in CF and SD flavors, and both suck. Games have to be patched to work with it and the patching causes game compatibility issues, slow down in games, and glitches in games. Seriously, avoid the Super Card. It has other disadvantages too, such as the cart itself being oversized and sticking out of the GBA. This makes the entire setup less portable. Also, the Super Card uses more battery power than a standard GBA cart, so your GBA will need to be recharged more often. The Super Card has two benefits:

    1. high capacity storage in the form of compact flash or SD flash
    2. inexpensive

    Compatibility is more important that raw storage space. Remember the saying, quality over quantity? This also applies to GBA flash carts. The best GBA flash card, with regards to compatibility, is the Extreme Flash Advance (EFA). It has hardware-level compatibility with just about every GBA game. So no patching, no incompatibilities, no glitches, no slow down, etc. Also, the EFA uses roughly the same amount of power as a normal GBA flash cart, so your GBA's battery life will not be effected. The EFA has two disadvantages: cost and maximum storage space.

    One other thing to note about the GBA flash cart market is that there is allot of junk out there. Also, people name the crappy carts in a way that makes them have a very similar name to very good carts. Anything named "EZ..." is a crappy cart. Avoid it. They most likely use the name to confuse people into thinking that they are getting a good deal on a EFA cart because EFA carts are expensive and EZ carts are inexpensive. But one is gold and the other is a turd.

    Anyway, know what you are getting into. I am not saying that nobody should get a SuperCard, but I will definitely say that it should not be your first GBA flash card. It might be a good idea, however, to own both a 256Mb EFA and a SuperCard, as you can pack tons of games onto the SuperCard, and the games that are incompatible, glitchy, or slow with the SuperCard, can be played using the EFA.

    Here is the place that I bought my EFA. The Pocket NES forums are a good place to talk about GBA flash cards. With regards to playing SNES games on the GBA... don't bother. It is a fun novelty thing, but the emulation is slow, buggy, etc. Pocket NES, however, is a great emulator, so you can play NES games on the GBA or GB Player and it works pretty well.

    If you want to play SNES ROMs on a SNES, you can always get a SNES flash cart. However, there is only one in existence: Super Flash 64M Cart.

  9. #9
    Apple (Level 5)
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,001
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Hmm, thanks. That's not too too bad, I guess.

    Also, I want the SNES games to be playable on my DS...

    But you say it's buggy and such.

    I heard there was a SNES emulator for the DS. How much is the flash cart for the DS, if there is one, which I'm sure there is?


  10. #10
    Apple (Level 5) gamegirl79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    St. Louis MO
    Posts
    1,155
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Munchies879

    Default

    I can't comment on the SuperCard since I've never used one, but I have a 1gig EZ Flash cart and it works great. The only problem I've had with it is the poorly written, buggy software, but the trick ended up being to use an older version of it.

  11. #11
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    About the comment on the SuperCard.

    Give me a break.

    I have around 1000 GBA games on my SD SuperCard and I've only found 4 with any slowdown or compatiability issues.

    Usually if there is a compatiability issue it's because the rom is bad.

    And the benefits of having a HUGE 1 gig card for around $110 for the flash cart and SD Card (as opposed to a 1 Gigabit Flashcart which is 128Mb for $175) far outway a couple of MINOR issues. x_x

    Plus you can put NDS games on the SuperCard and play them also if you use WiFi-Me.

  12. #12
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Monster

    I heard there was a SNES emulator for the DS. How much is the flash cart for the DS, if there is one, which I'm sure there is?
    There isn't a flash card for the DS, you just use GBA Flash Carts.

  13. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    About the comment on the SuperCard.

    Give me a break.
    It is a known fact that the SuperCard has problems with far more than just 4 games, and the games it has problems with tend to popular ones at that. If anybody does not believe me, I can dig up tons of info on the net that proves my point, but I would rather not waste the time. In the end, since the SuperCard is so inexpensive, you could buy an EFA as your first cart, as its hardware and software are top-notch. It is always best to start out with the best, as you don't want to be bothered with problems. Then after you get used to the EFA, you can buy yourself a SuperCard. Whatever games it has problems with can be played on the EFA.

  14. #14
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jagasian

    It is a known fact that the SuperCard has problems with far more than just 4 games, and the games it has problems with tend to popular ones at that. If anybody does not believe me, I can dig up tons of info on the net that proves my point, but I would rather not waste the time. In the end, since the SuperCard is so inexpensive, you could buy an EFA as your first cart, as its hardware and software are top-notch. It is always best to start out with the best, as you don't want to be bothered with problems. Then after you get used to the EFA, you can buy yourself a SuperCard. Whatever games it has problems with can be played on the EFA.
    Now that is a good idea.

    But seriously , a couple of games among thousands. And ALL Flash Cards are known to have issues with some games.

    Also I have the CF and the SD Supercard, and the SD has a lot less slowdown on Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.

    Like I said , the benefits FAR outweigh the problems.

  15. #15
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    But seriously , a couple of games among thousands.
    Ok, that is hardly being honest. There is no reason to try to hide the problems of a product. As consumers we can only make a good purchase when we know all of the facts. A "couple" usually means 2 and not 113 or more! You can see the details of game compatibility, glitches, and slow downs here:
    http://www.scdev.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34

    Note that they haven't even tested every game, but they have confirmed that at least 113 games have compatibility problems with the SuperCards. Also note that many of these games are highly popular titles. What would happen if you wanted to play one of these games, which is glitchy, slow, or just won't even run with your SuperCard?

    QUALITY OVER QUANTITY
    The SuperCard, as demonstrated by the facts, is mearly quantity but low quality. Here is another review that lists multiple games that they have tested of which some have compatibility issues such as Mario Party Advance.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    And ALL Flash Cards are known to have issues with some games.
    If by "ALL Flash Cards" you mean every flash card except for the Extreme Flash Advance (EFA) cards, which are known to have near perfect game compatibility. The reason I say "near perfect" and not just simply "perfect" is because there is always a chance that somebody will eventually make a new game that does not work properly with the EFA. However, as of now, there are no known game compatibility issues with the EFA.

    You cannot deny the facts. There is a reason why the SuperCard is so cheap and a reason why the EFA cards cost more money. The SuperCard is by far the worst GBA flash cart with regards to game compatibility. The EFA is by far the best with regards to compatibility. There are tons of cards in between. Take your pick, but buyer beware.

  16. #16
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Boy I didn't know I was dealing with a EFA Fanboy here.

    Have you even used a SuperCard ? I would assume not.

    But let's look at your example. Let's say 113 roms with glitches. And that's assuming the tested roms were good dumps, because I'd say some weren't since I have no problems with some of the games with "glitches" .

    But let's say 113 . Now of those how many are going to be games that the person was interested in ? And how many GBA roms are there ? I think you get my point.

    And of those with problems, how many are simple like a saving problem where you can just use the built in save feature instead. And even those with slowdown, most are so minor the average person won't notice.

    Now I'm glad that you're happy with your overpriced EFA. But this isn't a Fanboy Club here. And unless you have used all the products, then you really don't have much room to talk.

    And I HAVE used almost all of them. 5 different brands including the wonderful Extreme Flash Advance. And the SuperCard is the best for the price.

  17. #17
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    There is no reason to resort to name calling just because the facts prove you wrong. The SuperCard is widely known as the least compatible GBA flash card. That 113 number is the bare minimum of games that have problems (Mario Party Advance is another game that has compatibility issues), and yes the games were good dumps. That is a SuperCard fan site, and the guys that run that site do a great job of providing accurate information.

    Let me break it down easily for people that don't want to read the entire thread. If you notice any factual errors, please let me know, but it is unacceptable for you to make personal attacks against me, or resort to name calling.

    SuperCard Advantages
    1. lowest price (assuming you already own a SD or CF flash card)
    2. highest storage space

    SuperCard Disadvantages
    1. worst game compatibility (hundreds of games have problems)
    2. worst power consumption (shortest battery life)
    3. worst size (largest and sticks out of the GBA)

    EFA Advantages
    1. best game compatibility (no games have compatibility problems)
    2. best power consumption (long battery life)
    3. best size (same size as a normal GBA cart)

    EFA Disadvantages
    1. higher price
    2. maximum of 1Gb of storage space

    Summary
    The high storage space of the SuperCard is a definite plus, as you don't have to lug around as many carts when you are on the go, but the reduced battery life and the increased size of the cart counter acts this, as you will definitely need to bring another battery or charging equipment as the SuperCard has the worst battery life out of all GBA flash cards.

    If you are new to GBA flash cards, I would recommend the 256Mb EFA. It is an idiot proof card that will give you no problems. That is the way console gaming is supposed to be: everything just works.

  18. #18
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Yep like I said a Fanboy.

    You don't have a SuperCard or have even used one . And yet you post like you know Everything there is to know about it.

    You post "facts" yet you didn't address the "issues" with the 113 games that won't affect most users.

    And there you go again promoting the EFA.

    Oh and I'm sorry if I offend you with the term " FanBoy" . I guess I should be more careful with my "namecalling" .

    Oh and no "Facts" proved me wrong. I statedthat it was a few games and I am correct about that.

  19. #19
    Banned

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    575
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran
    Yep like I said a Fanboy.

    You don't have a SuperCard or have even used one . And yet you post like you know Everything there is to know about it.

    You post "facts" yet you didn't address the "issues" with the 113 games that won't affect most users.

    And there you go again promoting the EFA.

    Oh and I'm sorry if I offend you with the term " FanBoy" . I guess I should be more careful with my "namecalling" .

    Oh and no "Facts" proved me wrong. I statedthat it was a few games and I am correct about that.
    Yep, a fat ugly dumbass. Probably got that from your mom, didn't you?

    I am sorry if you are a fat loser that can't stand it when he is proven wrong. You state that only a couple games have compatibility issues, when I demonstrate that over 100 games have compatibility issues. I guess we could call you Pat Robertson, eh? Act like an idiot in front of the entire world, then deny you acted like an idiot in front of the entire world, then when you realize that the facts speak for themselves, you backpaddle and bow out. You make claims about what I own and do not own. You make false claims that every GBA flash card has compatibility issues.

    You are nothing more than a fat ugly loser. You probably argued with your grade school teacher when she told you that 1 + 1 = 2, and you claimed that it didn't. Yes, you can blindly ignore the facts, but everybody can see you for what you are. A fat, ugly SuperCard fanboy.

  20. #20
    Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pine Mountain , Georgia
    Posts
    4,669
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Default

    What ?

    I never cursed or resorted to chidish behavior.

    You sir are pathetic. This might be the worst case of FanBoyism I've seen in a while.

    I have never "Backpeddled" . I've repeatedly stated that there are issues but they are minor and outweighed by the benefits.

    And I am not a "SuperCard Fanboy" . I have 5 different FlashCards, because I am a collector of most types of "Backup Devices" and I could care less about the SuperCard or the EFA or the FA2 or any other.

    But you see I do own them and have used them and I'm not just a Fanboy who is promoting the card he loves.

    Try growing up a little. You sound like a 10 year old.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 07:05 PM
  2. WANTED: Flash 2 Advance cart, GB-Bridge
    By eastbayarb in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:37 PM
  3. *SOLD* EZFlash Advance 256mbit Flash Cart
    By Drexel923 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 08:53 PM
  4. gba flash advance 2 cart (not usb!)
    By Richter Belmount in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 06:19 PM
  5. Wanted: Flash 2 Advance flash card 64mb
    By Anthony1 in forum Buying and Selling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 07:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •