Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hardest game /levels you had beaten

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Devil May Cry. I beat this game ONCE on Normal difficulty and to this day im so proud of myself... the harders game that I've beaten besides Super Metroid.

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory is another really hard game!

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES). I simply do not play that game because it's soo insanely difficult. Had great gameplay though.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

TMNT used to drive me crazy. I used to make it to level 6 with NO problems...but level 6 had enemies tougher and cheaper than a summbitch! But I found the secret to it! You stock up every charachter with a maximum amount of scrolls (I think it was a building in level 3 you had to continuously go in and out of). When you get to level 6, obliterate any enemy with them. Not even Shredder will touch you. Man, was it rewarding as hell to beat that game...so damn hard.

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TMNT is not THAT hard. I base difficulty on games that have nearly impossible areas or sequences. Ghosts N Goblins makes TMNT look like child's play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The last levels of "The lost levels" () are incredibly hard. There is no way that I would ever be able to beat that game on a Famicom cart (Super Mario Bros. 2 Japan) because I used the save function 1000 times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    TMNT is not THAT hard. I base difficulty on games that have nearly impossible areas or sequences. Ghosts N Goblins makes TMNT look like child's play.
    I would agree. Its just a matter of practice and patterns. I beat TMNT without scrolls several times and after a while, I never got hit at all on level 6. However, I would say that unlimited continues made Ghosts N Goblins easier than Battletoads.

My scale would be:

Battletoads > Ghosts N Goblins > TMNT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog
    I would agree. Its just a matter of practice and patterns. I beat TMNT without scrolls several times and after a while, I never got hit at all on level 6. However, I would say that unlimited continues made Ghosts N Goblins easier than Battletoads.

My scale would be:

...and I totally disagree with that! Ask yourself, which games can be mastered? I have mastered TMNT to the point that I can no death run it. I have mastered Battletoads to the point that I have beat it with only 3 deaths (and I could do a no death run if I wanted to waste like a week straight of my life playing it over and over again until I had a perfect run). I have NOT mastered G'N'G, and I never will.

Ghosts 'N Goblins is unmasterable. You will never meet someone who can run through NES G'N'G without dying right before your eyes (or dying only a few times). It can't be done (prove me wrong ) and that's why G'N'G is in a class by itself in terms of difficulty. The weird part is that it is so fun despite this; though your mileage may vary.

In light of the above, the hardest level I've ever beat is level 6 of Ghosts 'N Goblins.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Dr. Morbis, I actually agree with your ordering, but I just had to post this:

http://www.zophar.net/NESticle/nsm/

Has 2 Ghosts & Goblins movies: 1 beating the first quest with 0 deaths, (bottom of page) and 1 going through twice with 5 deaths total (no continues)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Yashiro
    Dr. Morbis, I actually agree with your ordering, but I just had to post this:

http://www.zophar.net/NESticle/nsm/

Has 2 Ghosts & Goblins movies: 1 beating the first quest with 0 deaths, (bottom of page) and 1 going through twice with 5 deaths total (no continues)
    Well a lot can be done with a pc and an emulator

I'm talking about playing G'N'G on a real console with no cheating devices the way God (and those sadistic Japanese programmers) intended.
    "And remember ladies: if it ain't tight, it ain't right!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Morbis
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimedog

My scale would be:

...and I totally disagree with that! Ask yourself, which games can be mastered? I have mastered TMNT to the point that I can no death run it. I have mastered Battletoads to the point that I have beat it with only 3 deaths (and I could do a no death run if I wanted to waste like a week straight of my life playing it over and over again until I had a perfect run). I have NOT mastered G'N'G, and I never will.

Ghosts 'N Goblins is unmasterable. You will never meet someone who can run through NES G'N'G without dying right before your eyes (or dying only a few times). It can't be done (prove me wrong ) and that's why G'N'G is in a class by itself in terms of difficulty. The weird part is that it is so fun despite this; though your mileage may vary.

In light of the above, the hardest level I've ever beat is level 6 of Ghosts 'N Goblins.
    So why itsn't it masterable? There is no randomization to the game, same as most. Its all patterns, same as (almost) every other NES game. Now don't get me wrong, the game is damn hard. One of the hardest. But since it restarts you back at certain checkpoints, every time you beat a segment of a level, you have to do so without dying. The potential certainly exists for a no death run. Its even got a level select to allow you to practice on the harder stages to prep for an honest run at beating it. As for beating it twice, well if you went through it once, obviously you can do it again and only use the crappy Cross for the last level or two. You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I don't think the difficulty in GnG is beyond Battletoads.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Battletoads was UGH!! That first speedbike level would be enough to throw me off half the time. I never did finish that game and doubt I'll ever bother trying hard enough to do so.

What's everyone think of Contra: Hardass Corps for the Genesis? I remember it being a little tougher than the other Contra games...

Also, as far as fighting games go, Eternal Champions has seemed like the most difficult to me. Anyone got something tougher?

No, the challenge of sitting through Rise of the Robots doesn't count. :P

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Slimedog: You are wrong on some aspects, the patternsof the Red Arremer are randomized. He will stabe at you with an array of different patterns that are completely sporatic. Same goes for some of the enemies. The boss characters have patterns, but it's way more difficult. Battletoads is hard, I will give you that, but more players have beaten Battletoads than going through Ghosts N Goblins. I still say that and Adventures of Batman and Robin for Genesis as well as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are some of the most difficult games ever made. Battletoads is on a Ninja Gaiden XBOX level of difficulty, but that is not to be even compared to Ghosts N Goblins. Even on unlimited CONTINUES it will frustrate you because you do not start from where you lost your last life. YOu still need to go through Red Devil hell. Good luck on the second quest. I don't trust emulators. I have seen bs on them, like that SMB3 video!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    kz5ive

Soviet Strike(PS)- I found this game gets real hard as you progress. The enemy doesnt miss or let up on the guns.

MK Trilogy(PS)- The game gets real hard after the 5th match even on real easy. Everything you throw at your opponent, they block or duck. I did find a way to cheat the AI though. I chose Baraka and do his standing spinning blade move. The AI just keeps walking into it.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Retsudo
    MK Trilogy(PS)- The game gets real hard after the 5th match even on real easy. Everything you throw at your opponent, they block or duck. I did find a way to cheat the AI though. I chose Baraka and do his standing spinning blade move. The AI just keeps walking into it.
    Heh i don't really find any of the Mortal Kombat games that hard at al. The hardest one IMO was the gameboy version of MK only because it took me awhile to get the timing down because of the shit frame rate.

I have beat
    The Lost Levels I cheated though and went online to find out thr proper way thu Bowsers castle after i ran thru it a few times.

TMNT I don't remember which version though... I think it is the same one you guys are talking about though. I remember the going in the buildings and the footclan trucks on the street that ran you over but thats about it. I use to rememebr all the dialouge too. We recieted everything in Shredders voice which was hillarious.
    Me and my cousin played this for disgustingly large amounts of time. We beat it when we were between the ages of 6-8.

Shinobi i couldn't really stay interested in. It was kinda hard but as was said it wasn't the best gameplay wise IMO.
    My little bro got further in the game than i did.
    R.I.P. Michael "Nepenthean" Collins
    You will not be forgotten.

http://www.rfgeneration.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR
    Slimedog: You are wrong on some aspects, the patternsof the Red Arremer are randomized. He will stabe at you with an array of different patterns that are completely sporatic. Same goes for some of the enemies. The boss characters have patterns, but it's way more difficult. Battletoads is hard, I will give you that, but more players have beaten Battletoads than going through Ghosts N Goblins. I still say that and Adventures of Batman and Robin for Genesis as well as Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde are some of the most difficult games ever made. Battletoads is on a Ninja Gaiden XBOX level of difficulty, but that is not to be even compared to Ghosts N Goblins. Even on unlimited CONTINUES it will frustrate you because you do not start from where you lost your last life. YOu still need to go through Red Devil hell. Good luck on the second quest. I don't trust emulators. I have seen bs on them, like that SMB3 video!
    Well since I apperantly had an easier time with it than the rest of the planet, I'll lay out how I managed to beat the game. It might be handy for others attempting it. This was about 9 years ago so the specifics are somewhat hazy.

1. Got the game from a friend. Played it until I got to the Big Man house. Got killed several million times. Declared the game "Retarded" and possibly "Gay". Threw it in a corner and vowed never to touch it again.

2. 2 years later, I had just discovered that most games had become a lot easier after I gave up with the Max and went back to the regular controller. Beat the Big Man house and the next level, but was still bitterly defeated. Confidence shaken, I decided to regroup.

3. Throughout the week, I used the stage select to hop around to different levels and get proficient. Continued until I could beat each individual level.

4. One weekend, I spent the day making my run. Played through once and beat Lucifer. Whenever I could, I used the scrolling trick to avoid fighting many of the Red Devils. Left the system paused overnight. The second run through went pretty quickly, except the last bit where I beat some Red Devils with the stupid Cross. Finished the second run before noon that Sunday.

5. Declared the game "Not Retarded or Gay in the Slightest".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by izret101

I have beat
    The Lost Levels I cheated though and went online to find out thr proper way thu Bowsers castle after i ran thru it a few times..
    I played through that one just fine on my gbc but i guess cause it had a save feature and i got really into being a smb freak getting through hard levels fine
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)