Thread: DVDs Replacing Games In My Apartment

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Rogmeister's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default DVDs Replacing Games In My Apartment

I've kept lots of older system games in stackable drawers in my apartment but that's changing. I find I'm running out of room to put my DVDs so I'm emptying the games out of these drawers and DVDs are taking their place. So far I've boxed up my Atari 2600 and Sega Genesis games as well as emptying a drawer filled with various controllers and other stuff. My Lynx games are next. Some of these games I'm even considering getting rid of...I never play them anymore (especially the Genesis ones). I'm torn about the 2600. My first system was the 2600 (not counting Pong) and many of the 2600 games are now available on compilation discs for current systems. Decisions, decisions! I won't be getting rid of my 5200, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got an insane amount of both DVDs and games. It sounds like you need a better storage system. Ikea would be a good choice if you have one nearby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a possibility. Another possibility is I just collect too many different things and it may be time to re-prioritize. I may not start dumping entire libraries and systems but it may be time to at least thin the collections out a bit. And, after all, games and DVDs aren't all I collect.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogmeister
    That's a possibility. Another possibility is I just collect too many different things and it may be time to re-prioritize. I may not start dumping entire libraries and systems but it may be time to at least thin the collections out a bit. And, after all, games and DVDs aren't all I collect.
    That's the point where I'm at. I collect (or have collected) DVDs, CDs, games, Laser Discs, toys, Vinyl LPs, and much more things. So I think for myself it's time to move a ton of stuff out since it feels like I have no room to move around or even live.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a bookshelf I built into the wall which has a few sized compartments for DVDs. Originally it had more than enough room for all my DVDs and games. Recently the DVDs have completely taken over. The X-box games then moved to the cabinet with the door. The only problem was that cabinet houses the dreamcast games, and the 2600 cartridges. Now the DC and 2600 have been moved to the basement and x-box has been given their spot. I imagine the x-box will be moved out in favor of DVDs in a few months.

It's not a big deal since my games are for the most part in the basement anyway, and the DVDs are more mainstream and match the AV center a little better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a kind of half-closet I've kept some video games stuff in. I think if I reorganize it a bit, I can fit in just about all the games I have that I don't see playing right away if I arrange them just right. I am still considering cutting down on my systems by 2 or 3 as I do have some systems I just haven't played in a couple years and am unsure whether I ever will again.