This controversial subject seems to pop up in just about every other thread and for a reason I think the reason being that their are different types of gamers out there.

There is no NICE way to put it there are those that play a Madden or GTA game once or twice a week and then there are those of us that play games everyday whether it be on atari2600,NES,Genesis or PS2,Gamecube,Xbox.

There are those of us who have been a "video game geek" looong before it became PR or accepted in mainstream society.

There are gamers who started out on a PONG system or Atari2600 or even NES and then the ones that had played a Mario game a few times and never actually owned a system until PSX.

Does that make any of us better than anyone else? HELL NO but it does make for two different types of gamers the casuals and the hardcore. Theres no getting around that fact and we all know it.

At least on this board we dont go to the extremes of using such terms and kiddy crap as Owned ,sheep, cow,trolls (well thats been used some ) etc.

I luv this board I feel a companionship with those here that live and breath video games like myself and yes I think of about 90% of the members on this board as Hardcore and very well informed.

Then there are those that get mad whenever any of us post about how great the Dreamcast,Turbographix-16,Sega CD or NEO-GEO are but I really believe that those are the same ones that started out on PSX and just dont get it.

The reason they dont get it is in large part because they dont WANT to get it its OLD to them and they never experienced picking up a Gold Zelda cart the week of its release or the Greatness that was Dreamcast and maybe that vent their frustrations on us that have experienced all that and more because they might be slightly jealous.

Im sure all this may very well make enemies for me but I think it had to be said and yes I did look for a topic in search that corresponded with this one im sure they are some.

The bottom line is dont flame those of us here that might want to talk about the great systems or games of the past or even of the present or future just because you never experienced them for yourselves OR if u have tell us why you think that certain system or game is overated in a convincing way but try to stay open minded about the games and sytems you hear about on this board and find one to play or purchase and see what all the talk and fond memories are about before flaming a fellow gamer on here.

Also Hardcore doesnt mean that your favorite system has to be SNES,NES,Neo-Geo,Saturn or even Dreamcast or any number of classic systems it just mean that your in the know about these things and you have a great passion for videogames as a whole.