Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Black

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

my impression from the posts in this thread is that Black is either a pretty tech demo and/or a one night love affair, i'd say a $19.99 price tag would've been appropriate :P

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey when you're the biggest game publisher out there why worry about playtesting or manual quality?

EA started putting higher amounts of product placement into the games in order to keep the costs down. Not a bad idea but...

Fight Night Round 3 PS2/XBox - $39.99
    Fight Night Round 3 XBox 360 - $59.99

All of the exclusive stuff in the 360 version relates to more product placement via the Burger King. You're paying an extra $20 for the honor of having more ads.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I finally beat this thing on Hard today. Total game time for a once thru on hard was just over 12 hours. That includes getting almost every secondary item ( I think I missed about 5 in all 8 levels). Also with that, the game is only sitting at a 40% completion.

Now that i've opened Black Ops mode i've got the 'Silver' guns (the guns actually are silver and they have unlimited stored ammo) so I'm going back and playing thru the game again to see what happens this time. SO far the only noticable difference is that i've got destruction points (the items that go BOOM when you shoot em otherwise known as the things that show black when the recticle is over them) on top of finding all the other stuff which all appears to be in the same place it was on hard mode.

My real only big dislike was the lack of more save points or in level saves. Those distances were pretty long between sometimes and replaying 20 minutes over and over got pretty annoying.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The checkpoints are horrible, sometimes I would die right before I reached one...and I think to myself "fuck this"