Thread: IS EB Saver gone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default IS EB Saver gone

i was just trying to buy some games and the eb saver option was no longer free -- eb saver was cheaper shipping

did they get rid of the free shipping or do you need to spend more now or is it just gone
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how much did u spend? I think its for all orders over 25 dollars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

that would explain it -- i had a 10$ order

but i had a 15$ order in the past and the free shipping worked
    The human operates out of complex superiority demands, self -affirming through ritual, insiting upon a rational need to learn, striving for self-imposed goals, manipulating his environment while he denies his own adaptive abilities, never fully satisfied.
    --Frank Herbert

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have used it for anywhere from $3 to $100 orders and it has worked fine, but sadly it doesnt work anymore, especially when i try it with cag15 and my edge card (it always did before!)
    www.worldofgamespublishing.com
    Now you know, and knowing is half the battle!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Works fine for me. Remember you have to have a used game (maybe accessories count, never tried) in your cart, otherwise you'll get an error.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Re: IS EB Saver gone

Quote Originally Posted by googlefest1
    i was just trying to buy some games and the eb saver option was no longer free -- eb saver was cheaper shipping

did they get rid of the free shipping or do you need to spend more now or is it just gone
    SAVER still works fine at any price point. But it only works on used games. Used accessories used to work, but that changed a couple of months ago. I have heard that some people have had trouble with SNES games and SAVER, but I've never had that problem.

...Hang on, I just reread your post. Did you input "SAVER" into the code box on the shopping cart page? You do have to do that. I'm not trying to be rude, but if it accepted the saver code on the shopping cart page then it'll let you select $0 Saver Shipping on the Checkout/Shipping page.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes I input the code in the coupon box

yes It did apear in the BOLD comments section

yes it also apeared in the shipping choices as EB-Saver 1.99

and no i had no accesories - also i have purchased controllers and lcd screens in the past with free shiping

i tired buying the same games 3 times (total 9.97) and all three times it gave me the 1.99 option -- Yes 1.99 is still cheap i was just wondering if there was a new stipulation now - its dumb, but i rather buy 25$ of games to get free shipping rather than pay for shipping

also, i was wondering if it is account related or something

something like - ok, all cheapos who buy dirt cheap games and still use discount codes 6 times a month get black listed and no longer get free shipping -
    -- just joking here but im wondering if there is a limit or if something changed

it seems like saver still works for some people

oh, one other detail, i was buying a mix of XBOX and PS1 games -- i have had no problems in the past with these but mabey now there is

EDIT:::

Sorry for posting this - i found out what the problem was
    i tired it a 4th time and i still got the 1.99 shipping but i decided to try going into the cart and typeing in the codes a second time - and that worked

so the problem was - if you type in the codes before signing in - the codes get erased -- so final word is - you have to sign in before typeing in the codes or they will be erased
    --Frank Herbert