Okay, out of the bajillion posts here on DP only 329 mention the word "nostalgia", but it "feels" like I encounter the word a lot.

Is there anyone here retrogaming for non-nostalgic reasons? I don't mean doing it because you like collecting things either. I'm talking about "gamers" playing "retrogames" for the sake of playing games.

I think I'm doing it for the opposite reason of Nostalgia.

I'm playing the games from 20+ years ago because I didn't get to play 95% of them. Before the year 2000 I had experienced two dozen VCS games, about a dozen Commodore 64 games, two NES games and that's IT. The early 90s brought me to PC gaming and I played lots and lots of those, but console games? No more than what I mentioned above until 2000 when I got a Playstaion.

Sure, when I first started Retrogaming, it was to play Adventure again. Yes, there was nostalgia, but mostly it was because I loved the game. Now, 95% of the Retrogames I will ever play, I'll be playing them for the first time and loving it. (except for the RCA Studio II games. Yuck.)

Is there anyone else out their playing for the sheer thrill of exploration? of discovering a fun game you'd never played before? or even the thrill of discovering a bad game that you'd never played before.

I guess it could be called curiosity. Is there anyone out there Retrogaming because of curiosity?