Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    squidlike

Default Suikoden 1 and 2 for the PSP

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/I_II/

For someone that has never played the first two games, and can't afford them, I am really excited about this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...and with one quick click on a hyperlink there is now a reason for me to own a PSP.

...assuming they translate it into English.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

Do you think there will be a firmware update required to play it?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Woohoo!

Can you say price drop? (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I felt a great disturbance in the force... as if a million PlayStation collectors' voices cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.

Alex (Level 15)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SoulBlazer07

First, the above post, GREAT LINE!

Second, WOOHOO!

I LOVE these games to death. Especily Suikoden II. Had to sell that last year to help with bills and regret it.

Makes me glad I have a PSP.

Now I just have to pray to the Konami gods -- PLEASE bring this over to the States and PLEASE have a good translation on it!
    "Four o'clock and all is well.....wish I was in bed, Sir."
    -- Guard in the Imperial City, Oblivion

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

interesting...
    12 US SMS games to go
    74 US DC games to go

Now Playing:
    Guild Wars:
    (W/Me Furby Slayer)
    (Mo/R Goat Herder Teo)
    Riviera: the promised land

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing
    I felt a great disturbance in the force... as if a million PlayStation collectors' voices cried out in terror... and were suddenly silenced.
    Heh I'm glad I sold my copy long ago.

I didn't like the series so its no big deal to me.
    (Oo (xxx) oO) (Oo (xxx) oO)
    .o xxxxxxxx o . o xxxxxxxx o

Banana (Level 7) segagamer4life's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is sooooo freakin awesome.... I can't wait for this... shweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I also sense a disturbance in the force. Not bad enough that Vandal Hearts has already been redone, now they want to upset the balance even more!

As a collector I seriously hope they don't release these in English territories. Just look at how much Shenmue II plumetted when the Xbox version was released, and how much Rez went down when they rereleased it on the PS2...

Even games like the original Zelda's dropped when the GBA ones were released.

If anything, they should do the right thing and release Suikoden III on the PSP, for all of us who couldn't enjoy the third game as they couldn't be arsed to release it over here, leaving us with only three split quarters of the series so far...

Again, they should also release some other games that we never saw on British shores, which you (Our American cousins) loved and cherished.

Better still, stop wasting their time reviving old games, and concentrate on bringing us something new and exciting. I am sure they could put that time and money to better use coming up with a new Silent Hill or Castlevania game, or perhaps Vandal Hearts III?

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

As a collector *I* hope they do release the games, as I've been saving Suikoden 2 for my final conquest. And to all those that spent upwards of $100 on the game I have only this to say:

"Neener neener neener!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    joey_80

Quote Originally Posted by RevQuixo
    ...and with one quick click on a hyperlink there is now a reason for me to own a PSP.

...assuming they translate it into English.
    Me too... crap. (more money to spend)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Phoenix
    As a collector I seriously hope they don't release these in English territories. Just look at how much Shenmue II plumetted when the Xbox version was released, and how much Rez went down when they rereleased it on the PS2...
    Except that Rez wasn't really rereleased...twas just a rumor. Does it really matter if prices drop or not? I'm a collector and I don't see how it does. All collecting for $ is a gamble. And all of the things we gamers collect....someone owns the rights to and could reprint them all at any time. Look at the Mega Man X collection that's coming...that'll screw prices. I own those games...I own Suikoden II, but I just don't see how it matters. Something else will always suddenly become high demand. Look also at Shining Force....GBA release didn't affect the value at all. Course, it's lower, but still. I think that (and this IS a blanket statement so no one get all huffy) that anyone that complains about prices fluctuating either paid more than they should have for a game just to have it, or needs to play their games rather than just collecting to say that they have them. No offense intended at you specifically G-P, it's just that I hear such similar words anytime the ghost of a rumor of a reprint of something flits over the boards.
    scooterb: "I once shot a man in Catan, just to watch him die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I also sense a disturbance in the force. Not bad enough that Vandal Hearts has already been redone, now they want to upset the balance even more!

If anything, they should do the right thing and release Suikoden III on the PSP, for all of us who couldn't enjoy the third game as they couldn't be arsed to release it over here, leaving us with only three split quarters of the series so far...

Again, they should also release some other games that we never saw on British shores, which you (Our American cousins) loved and cherished.

Better still, stop wasting their time reviving old games, and concentrate on bringing us something new and exciting. I am sure they could put that time and money to better use coming up with a new Silent Hill or Castlevania game, or perhaps Vandal Hearts III?

Honestly I'd be more interested in seeing a trilogy set released for the PS2 than a PSP version.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

What's funny is just last night, right before learning of this news, I was typing up an auction description to finally sell off my spare Suikoden. :P I guess it's a good thing I'm selling it now, but I'm still a bit reluctant to believe that this will get a US release. So far, I'd say the US PSP is piss-poor at getting Japanese games on it, especially RPGs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    legeek2112

I'd love to see it released, and sadly would pick it up before getting a PSP, Suikoden nutball that I am...
    le geek retrogaming
    RETRO REVIEWS / WANTED / BACKLOGGERY / MY DP FEEDBACK

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So who cares if collectors collection price dropped? I for one, do not have the money to buy every classic/rare video game I want. Let more people feel the magic of the series. Let those unfortunate many play the games. Plus, every company is a business, rereleasing is a great way to make a quick buck. I for one am very excited by this prospect.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other poor bastard die for his."
    -- General George Patton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    boatofcar

PRO TIP: If you collect video games as an investment, you should find a more profitable hobby.