Thread: Revolutionary? Pah! It's a remote control!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Revolutionary? Pah! It's a remote control!

Revolutionary! Pah! It's a fricking remote control ~ I hardly call that revolutionary!

Nintendo breaks with more than 20 years of video game history by abandoning the traditional controller held with two hands and introducing an all-new freehand-style unit held with one hand.

The intuitive, pioneering interface, allows players to run, jump, spin, slide, shoot, steer, accelerate, bank, dive, kick, throw, and score in a way never experienced in the history of gaming.

“The feeling is so natural and real, as soon as players use the controller, their minds will spin with the possibilities of how this will change gaming as we know it today,” explains Satoru Iwata, Nintendo president. “This is an extremely exciting innovation - one that will thrill current players and entice new ones.”

When picked up and pointed at the screen the controller gives a lightning-quick element of interaction, sensing motion, depth, positioning and targeting dictated by movement of the controller itself.

The controller also allows for a variety of expansions, including a “nunchuk” style analog unit offering the enhanced game play control hard-core gamers demand.
    Look at it ~ If that's not a CDi inspired remote controller then I don't know what is!

Stupid Nintendo. It'll all come back and bite them in the ass, and they will end up having to design a "Traditional" controller after a few months anyway. Too many people will moan. Either that, or they'll have to make it compatible with GameCube controllers to keep people happy.

Nintendo have once again just sealed their fate and doomed themselves before they have even begun. You watch, they'll have to do the same thing MicroSoft had to do, and have to release a second controller to kep the masses happy

They even contradict themselves ~ They state it's a one handed controller, but clearly to use all the functions (Such as the analog) you need two hands.

I hardly call this "Revolutionary" or pioneering ~ Remote controls have ben around for years, and the CDi beat them to it a decade ago. Plus, ASCII produced a one handed controller for the PlayStation too.

It may be a glorified remote control with bits that add on, but it's a remote control all the same

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your insightful post. If you didn't notice, there is already a thread where you can vent your anger.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them