Thread: I have a good idea for a video game!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Default I have a good idea for a video game!

Well I have an idea about a video game.I have 2 working titles for the game.One is Chaos Revenge and the other is Brutal Oppisition.It is about a bounty hunter named Toldof.He is a orphan looking for money so he becomes a bounty hunter at 14 years old.The game takes place when he is 26.In the towns Erewald,Fazlock,and Awan,Toldof kills the bounties he is assigned to.You go onto the streets and you can kill your enemies in a bunch of different ways in cluding injections of dangerous chemicals.He can buy different weapons and armor.This game plays like a free walking game like Grand Theft Auto.There is one major enemy,And that enemies name is Shnither.Shnither will do things in this game to make you hate him just like you hated sephiroth in FF7 (Yes that bad).that final boss battle betewwn Toldof and shnither is gonna last for like over 10 minutes.When i think of more ideas for the game i will tell you.
    Dance Dance Toejam and Earl!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have a good idea for a video game too. It's called two spaces after each period. Sorry, just feeling particually angry right now. Remember two.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other poor bastard die for his."
    -- General George Patton

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Holger Czukay

Quote Originally Posted by fpstream
    I have a good idea for a video game too. It's called two spaces after each period. Sorry, just feeling particually angry right now. Remember two.
    If you're "feeling angry" maybe you should wait until you've calmed down before you start posting again. These flames are unnecessary.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by fpstream
    Picky aren't we? I'd hate to see what you have to say about my grammer.

Anyways kid you've got a start but i suggest you look here http://www.gamedev.net/ it should give you some good advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I started laughing everytime you told me the name of a person or place. Hate to shit on your effort, but they are generic and/or gay sounding. Your "cool idea" doesnt seem so much as your idea as it does basically every other game being made right now, with your character names thrown in like a Mad Lib. I'll bet you can do better. Lets here more of this, or better yet, something else.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Thanks for the link ill look at it.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    njiska

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo
    I started laughing everytime you told me the name of a person or place. Hate to shit on your effort, but they are generic and/or gay sounding. Your "cool idea" doesnt seem so much as your idea as it does basically every other game being made right now, with your character names thrown in like a Mad Lib. I'll bet you can do better. Lets here more of this, or better yet, something else.
    Hey give him some credit for ambition. Yeah i agree that the names need work but that's all part of the development process. Besides anyone can come up with a concept for a game, but names are fucking hard. They always dog me when i'm writing.

It's a B game at best but hey it's a start and that's something. Not everyone can come up with Donkey Kong on their first try.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

its got an intrasting hook. but the meat of the story seams really cookie cutter. Then again everything now and days is cookie cutter. what i would say is elaborate on the idea, and try to stay anything too final fantasyish. try to figure out how he became a bounty hunter. even make him older, since realisticly a good bounty hunter is going to be in their early 40's. How bought for the chemicals, have them made from the company that your badguy be the head of. that way the main charactor has an internal conflict. The last thing is change the name of your guys. sorry but if your going to have a bad ass main charactor, you have to give him a name w/ some ass behind it. i say look at a baby book, and even look into mythologies for ideas. hope i could help

I have tons of ideas myself, but i don't want to tell anybody, especially online since i'm going for a dagree, and want to go into the buisness. be kinda stupid to tell people my ideas, and have it made when i want to do them myselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Silljo
    Thats alright i take constructive critizseim and plus those wont be the final names,DONT YOU WORRY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for taking that well, because I honestly wasn't trying to be mean. To reiterate though and I think another poster already backed me on this, the names totally kill your pitch, ESPECIALLY Toldof. Toldof is a name that you give a homosexual elf. Also, even if it is a fantasy based game, you can still use traditional names. I think Toldof was you trying too hard to match names with the atmosphere. Try something simple and basic. I'm not suggesting this name (first that popped in my head after less than a second of thinking). But whats sounds less ridiculous, a Bounty Hunter named Toldof, or one named ... let's say ....?... Brad. If I was evil, and someone Told me Toldof, was looking for me, I would cover my ass for fear of penetration, not fear of being defeated in battle. Build a supporting cast for the hero too. Bounty Hunters are known for being loners, but a few contacts/friends would be believable and make the story more interesting.

However, this is advice from someone who was going to publish his first book something like 5 years ago, and hasn't even half way finished typing it up. What do I know other than what I like the sound of? Nothing.
    Bacon, Bacon, Bacon, IT'S BACON!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    LOB3
    PSN
    GoldyK
    3DS Friend
    0817-3747-2478
    Steam
    segarocks30

Thats pretty funny Lol.

Lightgunner Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cryomancer

Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30
    I have a good idea for a video game!
    Only one?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cryomancer
    Quote Originally Posted by segarocks30
    I have a good idea for a video game!
    Only one?
    Ya, I think every kid has about 200 video games floating around in his head. Most of them tend to be like the one he mentioned, violent and free roaming.
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other poor bastard die for his."
    -- General George Patton